jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

The Reversal of Roe v. Wade

1. Sychophantastic profile image83
    Sychophantasticposted 3 months ago

If Roe v. Wade is overturned, should women who get illegal abortions be subject to the death penalty? Doesn't it follow that overturning Roe v. Wade would confirm that abortion is murder and that a woman who gets an abortion is a murderer? Therefore, the death penalty would apply.

1. lions44 profile image92
      lions44posted 3 months ago in reply to this

I would assume this question is in jest?  With the recent Supreme Ct decision and several lower court rulings regarding recently passed State abortion laws, I think Roe v Wade is now permanently safe.  It's not even a campaign issue anymore (at least not in the general).  So thankfully, that is over.

It is very similar to marriage equality, the issue is now decided. Time to move on from these distracting social issues. 

Can't wait to read the other reactions...

2. Sychophantastic profile image83
    Sychophantasticposted 3 months ago

Not really in jest. If Trump is elected President and nominates SCOTUS judges, it's possible it gets overturned.

3. 61
    Loverhaterloverposted 3 months ago

I think they should not over turn roe v. Wade because he is right on some cases. But I still even if a women is getting a illegal abortion they should not be kill by it.  I do agree that she is kill a life but it is not up to anyone but herselfe if he wanted to do it of if she was forusted in to doing it. In the end it will always come back to her

4. Live to Learn profile image80
    Live to Learnposted 3 months ago

Since 50 % of pregnancies end in miscarriage before the 20th week it would be difficult to reasonably argue that a woman who had an abortion during that time frame did, indeed, prevent a potential life from being born. It is also guestimated that 1% of all pregnancies that last beyond the 20th week end in miscarriage.

I suppose it would be possible to try them for murder. It would be a cold-hearted a** who pushed for it.

1. PrettyPanther profile image85
      PrettyPantherposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Sure, and if drug addict's fetus died, we could prosecute her for murder.  What about a smoker's fetus?  Or, hey, what if a woman went skydiving while pregnant, landed too hard, and preceipitated a miscarriage?  Put her on trial for negligent homicide?

Yeah, all sounds reasonable to me.  roll

5. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 3 months ago

US and Europe will not change, abortions will remain legal. Of course, who knows where history's pendulum will swing in the future, but present status is good for at least another 20-30 years.

1. ahorseback profile image53
      ahorsebackposted 3 months ago in reply to this

"Present status is good ",    more black children , white children , brown children are killed  every year in the womb by ABORTION than by  all other  reasons all together and you say that ?
      Cool !