What is the "status quo" in America?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (38 posts)
  1. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Hey Americans,

What is the "status quo" in America?

I know what it is, but do you?

Feel free to weigh in with your thoughts on it.

1. Diane Inside profile image72
      Diane Insideposted 12 years agoin reply to this

hmmm interesting question, I have many answers some nice some not so nice.

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Do tell big_smile

1. Diane Inside profile image72
          Diane Insideposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Since this is the political forum, I'll go with this one.

All politicians are crooked, slimy, and underhanded. Not a honest one in the bunch.

1. profile image0
            Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well said Diane, as I couldn't agree more with that sentiment. smile

2. Evan G Rogers profile image60
      Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Work hard, innovate and think outside the box to get ahead.

Just follow the orders to live nicely.

Be lazy, disrespectful and slack off to fall behind.

Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That doesn't actually answer the question Evan.

What is the "Status Quo"? was the question.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image60
          Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh, the status quo is "every one has the right to everything... why am I so poor! It's the rich's fault".

1. John Holden profile image60
            John Holdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You're learning lol

2. Cagsil profile image70

You're getting closer Evan, but not quite there yet. wink

3. profile image0
            Texasbetaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Evan, come on man. You seem to take the stance that might makes right. You can innovate, create a system by which billions are created in transaction fees while the risk is systematically being passed back down to the consumer, but nothing was created...it was legal, but they were basically attaching a vacuum to the system and funneling money out of the country. Was it legal? Yes, because they had the laws changed due to the money and power they control, but not originally. NOW, that being said...from my perspective, that isn't right, isn't good, and they are the bad guys in this case. From your perspective, at least from what I've read, they could, so they should...and they are fine in doing it.

4. TMMason profile image61
            TMMasonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow I have to say I agree with you there evan.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are so naive...

3. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Cags:

"Status Quo?"

If you're being "general," and are just considering the existing condition or state of affairs of the USA, I'd say we're on a fast trip to the bottom of the hill and what's at the bottom, can only be imagined! But it won't be a pleasant or enjoyable place.

"As the world turns" it is shrinking, bringing differing cultures closer together.

America became the most powerful influential nation on earth because it is a wonderful potpourri of peoples from all nations,cultures and societies.

This COULD BE the, eventual, effect a "shrinking" world may have on international humanity.

It COULD BE POSITIVE and result in a kind of progress man has yet to experience.

On the other hand, IT MAY fragment mankind to a greater extent than it already is and the result could be disastrous.

Time and human choice will determine the outcome.

Qwark

Interesting statement Qwark. hmm

4. profile image57
      C.J. Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Borrow and spend....as long as you spend more than you borrow and have put together! Eat drink and be merry.....

Not quite. hmm

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Anyone else?

@Dianeinside- nice answer. However, it's only one part of the overall problem. smile

3. cindi h profile image62
    cindi hposted 12 years ago

THE HAVES & THE HAVE NOTS

Interesting statement.

4. recommend1 profile image59
    recommend1posted 12 years ago

A 70's rock band ?

Nice to see you really don't understand America's society. hmm

1. recommend1 profile image59
        recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I understand saome about American society, it is just the wishy washy vagueness of the supposedly direct question that you think you know the answer to !  It is as clear as asking where is equilibrium in American society - what part and in what regard are you posing the question !

5. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

Take whatever you can get from anyone you can force to give it to you.  As long as someone else pays the costs of what you want you're good to go.

Force everyone else to live the lifestyle you believe they should live.

You have a very cheery thread going here! smile

Not quite Wilderness, but interesting answer. lol

6. dutchman1951 profile image60
    dutchman1951posted 12 years ago

so tell us?

It's an action taken by government- it's called "Corporate Protectionism". wink

It's powered by the upper 1% of the wealthiest citizens. smile

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
        dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

agree, to a Capitalist, if it's not broke don't fix it!

Corporate Bonus's in tact, Wall Street Games free of investigation, Power Brokers making milions, and illegal Oil speculation in vouge with nothing to protect US cirizens. If the bitch to much, print so more monies, and keep emphasis in the news on Palin and Trump, so they forget about the rest of us.

yep, all is well in the Good Ol USA!

The problem Dutchman is it's killing America's Economy and devaluing citizenship. It must stop.

The debt system government continues to operate from is also a key element in destroying America, but the citizens are not properly informed.

Hence, my company- Cagsil.

Increase citizen awareness, so the problems in America can be addressed. smile

what you write here is the reason I stopped my Hub writing, my emphasis is changing now. the more I study and learn the more I feel a need for informed wrriting, not just obvious slam and run articles. I am not an Obama fan, but He has  some bright spots also. Single party slant is easy, but not accurate.

to much mis-information. We need a beter U.S. mental state-health.

I am all about citizens rights and the lessening of government interference/invasion of people's life. The fact that government and corporations are in bed and the so-called "honest" politicians are not doing anything within their position, is where the outrage should really be.

All politicians in some manner are corrupted, because the ones that are in bed with corporations are doing the most damage, and the ones who are not, are not doing anything about the ones that are.

So, it leaves one to wonder-----where is citizen protection?

there is no protection, those folks are for sale. the average citizen can not spend like those lobbies do.

Hence, my reasoning for Cagsil. smile

Citizens Attain Greater Satisfaction In Life. smile

7. aware profile image67
    awareposted 12 years ago

blame everyone in sight. vote for others  instead of leading themselves .
      vote for me  in 2012.
    ray

lol lol

8. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

I think people need to stop occasionally and appreciate how good most of us in the US have got it.  Not perfect at all, but it could be a lot worse.

It could be worse, yes. But, if nothing is done, it's going to get really bad. I wrote a hub on the state of affairs in America-

America Is A Nation In Trouble. It shows people that if the state of America continues, then things are going to get not only worse, but so bad that many people are going to literally have a problem, just trying to live. More so than already. hmm

2. TMMason profile image61
      TMMasonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Agree 100%

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)