jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

Where's the feminists?

1. Onusonus profile image86
    Onusonusposted 4 years ago

Is making presidential decisions a mans job only?
    http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/395687_2562864878743_1467735379_32065100_1032769737_n.jpg

1. Josak profile image61
      Josakposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Uh this is a joke at the expense of Republicans...

1. MelissaBarrett profile image61
        MelissaBarrettposted 4 years ago in reply to this

He is attempting to have feminists (largely democrats) be offended by the suggestion that the presidency is a man's job.  Since the pic is pro-Obama the plan would be to create hard feelings among democrats.  Guilt by association or some crap...

Onusonusposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Not at all, just pointing out liberal hypocrisy. If a republican wrote it you'd be all over it.

Generalizing all men as "idiots" sounds pretty disdainful.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image61
            MelissaBarrettposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Nope...  I think liberals are idiots too.  The fact that I belong to a group doesn't stop me from objectively looking at that group.  Give it a try sometime.

and if you are allowed to generalize all feminists then I guess I'm allowed to generalize all men...  See how that works?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
          Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Same with a party that denies legislation for equal pay for equal women are now criticizing the White House for not having enough women. The same people who are against "reverse discrimination" and putting people in jobs just because they are women or minorities. It's hard to keep up. Thankfully, the Conservative party in Canada are not as obtuse.

2. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

It would appear so.

3. lovemychris profile image81
    lovemychrisposted 4 years ago

America is backwards in many ways, in case you haven't noticed.

The fact that we are fighting the abortion issue again---even fighting contraceptives....the fact that a very wealthy talk show host can call a woman a sl*t for advocating woman's health.....

The fact that that baffooon still has a job....that says it all.

4. MelissaBarrett profile image61
    MelissaBarrettposted 4 years ago

Well... as I consider republicans to be idiots and men to be idiots...

The statement would read "Never send an idiot to do an idiot's job".

It doesn't make a lot of sense but as it was likely written by a man then the writing of the statement would have also been done by an idiot.

So all available idiot positions have obviously been filled by idiots and the natural order has been maintained.

As such this thread doesn't appear to need a feminist... but it's nice to know that the idiots will be out from underfoot for a while.

5. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

If we rewrite the ad to read:

Never send a Republican to do a woman's job
    or
    Never send a Republican to do a gay's job (now that our POTUS is apparently one)

it still makes sense
    Just don't send Republicans. Period.
    smile

1. lovemychris profile image81
      lovemychrisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree with that!

6. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

What has one person making a graphic re-purposing an old-fashioned saying got to do with 'feminists' en masse.  Maybe we just don't sweat the small stuff.

Onusonusposted 4 years ago in reply to this

of course not, it's called selective outrage. Ever heard of a guy named Kenneth Gladney?

1. psycheskinner profile image81
        psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's called having a sense of perspective.  I don't give a damn about stuff that frankly isn't important.

Only people with a rabid political agenda would get worked about about some crass joke website making a jpg and putting it on the internet, albeit using non-inclusive language.

Get outraged about that kind of trivia = have a heart attack before 40.  Just going to 4Chan would cause an instantaneous aneurism.

Pass.

7. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

It is showing a picture of the man who is president... It doesn't look like an official picture either.

How would you reword it? "to do a man's and/or woman's job"? As a writer that is clunky.

working