Does Single Life Rocks?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (25 posts)
  1. rdsparrowriter profile image82
    rdsparrowriterposted 11 years ago

Being single, is it a blessing or a curse? To enjoy life , do you need to get married? How to enjoy singleness?

1. Pearldiver profile image66
      Pearldiverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Being single is always whatever life you choose to make it.  Being married is often whatever someone else chooses your life should be!  smile

I don't believe that getting married is the answer to enjoying life.  I believe it is far more important to understand and appreciate who you are as an individual, before you seek to find out who you are as pair.

Enjoy the soul that lives within and you will enjoy life... good luck.. be happy.  smile

rdsparrowriterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you smile

2. psycheskinner profile image85
      psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It depends on the person.  I prefer being single.

yes it's true smile

2. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 11 years ago

I spent over 30 years of my life in four major relationships, two of which were marriages. These resulted from a mixture of affection (even crazy head-over-heels love sometimes), a stupid fear that I could not deal with life on my own, and the social pressure to marry, which used to be much stronger when I was young.

Now I am single and having the best time of my whole life. I can truly say that, apart from the fact one marriage resulted in my two lovely daughters, none of the so-called advantages people attribute to relationships can in any way match the glorious feeling that finally I am free to do what I want to do, when I want to do it and without having to consult anyone else!

I know being single is not a good situation for some. I think it really depends on personality. For me, freedom has turned out to be the most important issue that affects my happiness and well-being. I am totally happy with my own company. In fact, after seeing people, I am always happy to return back home, where I can be alone with my thoughts and interests!

Thank you for sharing your view smile God bless you!

3. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 11 years ago

I've been with the same man since I was 18. But that said, our marriage isn't like normal marriages for the most part. We get on well but he's happy for me to do anything I want and lets me do what I want with the money,  house and kids. Occasionally his foot will come down but he's generally very easy going and I only seen him one week a month, so it works for us. smile

Nice to hear from you Lilt smile

4. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 11 years ago

Be happy with who you are first. Then when your are single or involved with someone else, love you and love them and be happy.

Happiness is not derived from relationships, you still have to live with yourself, whether its just you, or two!

Thank you Jase for the advice smile God bless you!

5. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 11 years ago

Like Writeangled, I have been married twice, both disastrous, but I also have great kids so I don't regret the experience. All I can say is that singledom for me equates to freedom and it's fantastic! I wouldn't change anything about my life, except I'd really like a caravan in Wales. :lol;

The single life isn't for everyone though, some people need to be in relationships for whatever reason. I guess it just comes down to understanding yourself and knowing how you function best.

Thank you for sharing your insight Hollie smile God bless you!

6. Guilty pleasures profile image59
    Guilty pleasuresposted 11 years ago

According to the dictionary, happiness means "a state of well-being and contentment" but a mere definition doesn't quite embody just was is happiness. I believe one can find happiness within themselves and doesn't always need a relationship to be happy. There are perks to being single and in a relationships, of course you have someone to share your interests with or bring a smile on your face or cheer you up when you are down in the slumps. Who doesn't want to find someone to share these moments with? But that doesn't mean you can't create or find these moments by yourself, you can still do activities that makes you happy. And the best part is you come to learn about yourself and in turn, love yourself better than anyone else. Remember no one can love you more or better than yourself and you don't always need a relationship just be happy. We often underestimate the power and ability being can have because we are so caught up with what others have, thinking we need someone else in order to be happy. But you can be happy just being you.

Thank you smile This is very helpful smile God bless you!

7. TheMagician profile image88
    TheMagicianposted 11 years ago

being single is the best!
    well, at least i think it is.

i honestly couldn't imagine having to live with another person in terms of sharing a room and to constantly be around each other. i like having my own space, and i enjoy going days at a time disappearing without seeing anyone. living with 4 of my best friends is enough for me. i can hang out with them when i'm feeling social, and then retreat to my bedroom to avoid the world smile

Thank you smile Seems like you enjoy your own company. Nice .. Yes, friends can be very comforting smile

8. abbykorinnelee profile image51
    abbykorinneleeposted 11 years ago

I never believed I would enjoy being single.  I started my first relationship in ninth grade and virtually since 15 haven't been single but for a few days or weeks at best.  I think it was a fear of being alone.  I didn't become single until two years ago and I have to say its quite liberating.

Whatever it is just enjoy life .. smile Thanks for your comment smile

9. profile image0
    Klavdija Frahmposted 11 years ago

It depends on your personality. But I agree that at first you have to love yourself, otherwise you can't love someone else and be in a relationship. I've been in relationships for about 4 years, I was single for just a couple of weeks. But at the end of last failed relationship I was finally single for half of the year and it was gooood. I was missing having a boyfriend when I was having bad moments, but in general it was good because I was alone with myself, I realized what I want in future relationship and what I will never tolerate in them anymore. I was single for whole summer and autumn, but at New Year's work party I met my boyfriend and we're together for almost 2 years now. It's my longest and strongest relationship, maybe this is it? I'm not born to be alone, I'm sure, but some people are and that's just fine, whatever makes us happy smile

So happy for you smile God bless you both !

2. abbykorinnelee profile image51
      abbykorinneleeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think what you have said is so very true!!!

10. abbykorinnelee profile image51
    abbykorinneleeposted 11 years ago

You know being single is really great once you have gotten through the healing of the breakup, the swing of things raising your kids by yourself in you are a single mom like me.  I have found peace with not dating anyone, I have learned how to appraoch people again and have made a couple new friends, I have learned how to keep older friends in my life and not needing their physical presecence for comfort.  I have learned how to hog the bed, and perm. have Lifetime on when I watch TV.  I think I like having my own rules and realized how much I need control of things in my life and how much control I gave up just for a man.  I want to be in a relationship again but I don't know that it will be anytime soon because I have found that I have struggled alot maybe and had a few setbacks emotionally and have made a few more mistakes, but i have learned a lot about myself.  It was like getting to know myself for the first time.

1. Lady_E profile image61
      Lady_Eposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That was touching to read, Abby. I'm sure Love will find you again.

11. lovendar profile image60
    lovendarposted 11 years ago

I think it depends upon person to person and thus replies will be different, but in my opinion being single is not a curse. One can live their life more enjoyable and more freely. There will be no interfere of any person in your life and you will rule yourself. So, if you are a single person enjoy the life in your way. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)