jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

What's the difference?

1. Cardisa profile image90
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

I've met a few women who are older than I am and has never experienced love making, they have kids but know nothing!!!

What's the difference between "making love" and "sex"?

1. dutchman1951 profile image59
      dutchman1951posted 5 years ago in reply to this

about 3 six paacks!

2. fit2day profile image82
    fit2dayposted 5 years ago

They're supposed to be the same thing, but in light of the bad reputation sex has received, I will say that making love is more of a giving of oneself to someone else, where sex or just sex is getting from someone.

To be honest, I believe that's the whole point of marrital intimacy, but I believe divorce is so high because the mindset is me, me, me.

This may seem random but it's almost like eating. Eating nourishes the body and sex(in the good sense) expresses intimacy. If a person eats junk all the time, that's what they'll crave, but if they eat healthy all the time then the icecream they eat every bluemoon will be more enjoyable.

If a person uses sex as a self-pleasing activity, then they won't enjoy it as much and will be too consumed by personal pleasure to really make love. For people who stay married and solely committed to their spouse, making love will be more of a reality than for the couple who met at the bar one night.

1. Cardisa profile image90
      Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well said.

I would say sex can be had with almost anyone. Making love can only be with someone you are emotionally attached to.

3. Bhanu.Jas profile image69
    Bhanu.Jasposted 5 years ago

Difference is un-definite expression.As Difference exist in everything even in looking to same thing which is good as it is how you differentiate it.It is complex term.

4. My Stories profile image60
    My Storiesposted 5 years ago

Making love is with someone you are strongly committed to and love deeply. It makes you feel good and there is just something passionate about it.  Sex is just sex.  It can be with anyone and you don't have to have a connection with the person. There really is no feeling, its just to satisfy your horny craving.

5. wheelinallover profile image82
    wheelinalloverposted 5 years ago

My take on it is you can have sex with anyone. It takes between 7 and 15 minutes and for the most part there are no regrets. Sex is self physical satisfaction and if the partner is lucky they experience the same.

To make love there must be love between the partners. With love comes caring about the person you are making love to. It's being willing to spent the time to make sure both partners come away feeling truly loved.   

With sex there can be a fear of failure, when you are making love it shouldn't be an issue. While making love neither partner should ever have to fake anything. It's about honest feelings and wanting to be with this person more than anything in the world.

6. Rhoda Talisaysay profile image61
    Rhoda Talisaysayposted 5 years ago

Only few men know how to make their women experience orgasm so mostly went to the heaven in 5 minutes with the other left on earth and never been in the clouds ever with those kids she has..... that is only sex.