jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

To you, is there a difference between making love and having sex?

1. Larkinlove profile image60
    Larkinloveposted 5 years ago

To you, is there a difference between making love and having sex?

2. padmendra profile image47
    padmendraposted 5 years ago

Love makes you happy and gives a real charm in life. Being in love you are always on the positive side of life, However, sex is a demand of body like food when you are hungry  your physical requirement pulls you towards sex. Its like a great pleasure in having sex that surpasses all other pleasures for a temporary phase. But after having sex  when  there is no appetite for sex,you do not think about it. Thus it. can not be combined with love  as love is long lasting  and gives a sweet fragrance in life which no one can ignore.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

Yes and No. The primary difference is the mental state of the people involved. If however an outsider saw still photos or observed a video clip they would not know the difference between sex and making love. Also one must bear in mind there is no "one way" to make love. One couple's kinky act is a standard session for another couple.
    There is an old Eddie Murphy joke where he talks about a guy whose wife catches him with another woman. The man says: "Ok, I had sex with her! But I make love to you!"

4. Passionwriter33 profile image61
    Passionwriter33posted 5 years ago

Yes, making love means you making love to someone who you love very much and just having sex could be for fun known as casual sex or cause you just think you need it.

5. Daughter Of Maat profile image96
    Daughter Of Maatposted 5 years ago

Absolutely, I've done both, and much prefer making love. To me, making love has a strong emotional and spiritual component. It strengthens the love between 2 people. There is more involvment and it is more than just a primal urge. It is sharing everything with another person. Having sex is merely the primal human urge to procreate.

6. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

a huge difference. having sex is about just having fun with no commitment or feelings and it's a blast. making love is something you do with your mind, your heart and your body with someone you care about deeply.

7. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Yes, of course. Anyone can have sex. There has to be a connection in making love because love must exist between the two individuals.

8. Captainausume profile image60
    Captainausumeposted 5 years ago

Yes, I say there is. Making love involves not just the physical act of sex, but an almost telepathic connection as well. It's about physical passion on top of carnal pleasure.

9. fre2bme profile image54
    fre2bmeposted 5 years ago

Making love is emotional as well as physical, having sex is all physical.

10. profile image55
    Tridip Boroposted 4 years ago

A big and a huge difference .
    Sex is a part of love . Making love describes as a whole , how much you have the feelings towards your partner .

working