jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (14 posts)

Are you married for life? What would be the one deal breaker?

1. lovelypaper profile image68
    lovelypaperposted 5 years ago

I believe in hangin in there in your marriage but what if any is your deal breaker in your marriage?

2. kmackey32 profile image81
    kmackey32posted 5 years ago

Lying and cheating....

3. janikon profile image88
    janikonposted 5 years ago

I would have to say lying and cheating would be the deal breaker, I'm not sure I could ever get back to trusting someone after that

4. Smart is Good profile image76
    Smart is Goodposted 5 years ago

Any type of abuse, whether it's psychological  or physical. After harm and abuse is allowed once, it will never stop. It's better to pull it out to the root.

1. kmackey32 profile image81
      kmackey32posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yep, and this too....

5. 0
    Emile Rposted 5 years ago

You guys covered my two. If either happened, there would be no conversation about it. It would be over.

6. ubanichijioke profile image49
    ubanichijiokeposted 5 years ago

Lying and cheating is my worst enemy. Can't ever accept anybody with such traits. Thanks

1. gryphin423 profile image79
      gryphin423posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Lying, cheating, abuse. Yep, that covers it!

7. Disappearinghead profile image88
    Disappearingheadposted 5 years ago

It's not so simplistic as 'lying and cheating'. They'll be reasons why someone has lied and cheated, some undercurrent of a problem that both parties to some degree will share the blame for. Each couple's circumstances will be different and it's all too easy to point the finger at the one who 'lied and cheated'.

For me I can't honestly say what the deal breaker would be or how I would react in the situation.

8. Dale Mazurek profile image59
    Dale Mazurekposted 5 years ago

The first year of my marriage there was cheating involved.  I wont tell you if it was myself or my wife.  I will keep you guessing on that.

However we looked at why it happened and decided to work on that.  I have now been married almost 24 years and couldnt be happier.  My wife is my best friend, my soul mate, my lover and so much more.  I just couldnt imagine life with out her and couldnt imagine being happier with anyone else. 

Now if we would have thrown our marriage away because one of us screwed up we wouldnt have experience the next 23 years which have been incredible.

I wouldnt trade our path for anything.  We now have 3 wonderful boys and a beautiful grandson.

9. K9keystrokes profile image93
    K9keystrokesposted 5 years ago

Lying to cover bad behavior, and cheating (in any way). Of course any kind of abuse; just leave because there is nothing to talk about!

10. Pearldiver profile image84
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

The lying, cheating, abuse and numerous trips to other planets don't matter if you just ignore them! yikes

For me it's a toss up of either her all night Compulsive Cleaning Disorder, or her constant boasting of being the #1 World Spender in her Buying Membership of Infomercial Products! smile big_smile

I guess that it is more than love that's blind!! smile

But Hey.... at least we always have spares for everything... and some of those airbeds make great surfboards. smile

1. K9keystrokes profile image93
      K9keystrokesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

LMAO!! ((lol))

11. jcmayer777 profile image79
    jcmayer777posted 5 years ago

I would agree with most, but I'd add simply falling out of love with each other.  My ex-wife and I are still very good friends to this day - nothing more.  We were nothing more than friends for the last 4-5 years of our marriage, so it made no sense for either of us (or the kids) to stay in the relationship. 

It wasn't coming back and it was time for us to both go out and find that part of our lives again.