What is wrong with me?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Jesus was a hippy profile image59
    Jesus was a hippyposted 11 years ago

I met a girl 12 years ago and fell hopelessly in love with her. She went out with some other guy but we stayed in contact. We almost got together until I messed things up and stopped talking to her for a while. Eventually we started talking again and I am still as hopelessly in love with her as when I met her. She is now going out with a fat tramp (I'm not joking or being insulting, he is fat and was homeless before he moved in with her) and we're still good friends. Clearly she is happy with her tramp.

I have two girls that I met on the internet that are coming on to me. They are both gorgeous and really cool girls yet I don't want to start anything with either of them because I only want the one girl that I am madly in love with.

Why can I not get over this one girl? I am so in love with her. I don't even want to get over her. I just think that if I ever got together with someone else, it would just be something that I would instantly throw away should the girl I love change her mind.

I hate hurting people, maybe that is why I don't want to start anything because I am sure that if it came to it, they would always be second choice.

Am I on my own here or are other guys emotional pussies like me?

1. janesix profile image60
      janesixposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Honey, there's nothing wrong with you. You're just in love.

I still love my first from ten years ago. I would never be with him again if my life depended on it because hes a sociopathic crank head, but i still LOVE him.

Jesus was a hippyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Whats a crank head? A friend of mine says that because we never got together I can't get past her. I don't know if I would want to get past her.

I don't understand people that can love someone and a few months later love someone else and so on and so on.

For me it's only ever been one girl. I sound so gay right now smile

1. janesix profile image60

Crank is crystal meth

2. janesix profile image60

You dont have to get past her. If you fall in love with someone else down the line, cool. But you dont have to stop loving someone, ever.

Im probably not one to give out relationship advice though... My love life is a complete mess

lol I drive a taxi at night, trust me, you are probably one of the rare few that is worth meeting. smile

You wouldn't believe the amount of girls that get in my cab that are total slappers who put no value whatsoever on emotions. Of course there are plenty more guys than girls but I think it is sad that so many people never seem to feel anything for their partner.

A friend of mine told me that he had a massive go at his wife because she bought him an anniversary present when he told her not to. I don't understand how he could do that.

I kind of think that I am way too emotional for a guy.

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
              Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think you are very aptly named.
              Your namesake was pretty emotional, too, as I recall...
              smile

2. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 11 years agoin reply to this

My husband is not a tramp and he wasn't homeless, so you've got some explaining to do here!! yikes

3. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Being emotional is not bad-unless it dominates reality too often.

A male that is gentle and tender and unafraid to express his emotions shows strength not weakness ,in my opinion.

12 yrs is a long time ,and possibly you are letting someone special slide by ,while you pine for this lost love.

Also, be honest with yourself,is she happy ,does she love this other guy?

Then let her go, stop letting her park rent free in your mind smile

2. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

Inspired  by janesix's butterfly icon, I will quote the old adage "If you love someone set them free. If theyome back it was meant to be..."

The situation is young yet. You may still get together.
    She also may seem more attractive to you because she is unobtainable at present.We do tend to want what we can't have...
    It's also way ok to feel your feelings whether you are a male or a female.
    No shame in that!
    Agree Ain't nothing wrong with you.
    MM

It's only been 12 years...

Trust me I know that one.

3. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 11 years ago

12 years is a long time.  But since she isn't with you or at least has not made an attempt to be with you, what does that tell you?  If you choose to pine away on the unknown, that's your call.  But by doing this, you risk not finding someone who will give you more than she ever did.  This is not about being emotional or thinking there is something wrong with you.  When it comes to her, you just made the choice to hang on longer than most people would.  So you're stuck with what could have been.  The past.  You're banking on a relationship that died a long time ago, and this is your excuse not to move on.

4. Shaddie profile image76
    Shaddieposted 11 years ago

Does she know you still harbor feelings for her?

5. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 11 years ago

Do you really love her, or just the fantasy of her?  You say that you stopped talking to her for a while after you re-established contact with her.  Let me ask you, with all do respect, if you love her so much, why on earth would you let your contact with her lapse again?  Maybe you just want her because she's with the fat tramp now. We often want what we know we can't have and want it even more just because we can't have it.  You have three options as I see it, you can pine away for her and use your love for her as an excuse to keep from getting involved with someone else, or you can move on and find someone to be happy with, if that's what you really want, or you can tell her how you feel and who knows, maybe she feels the same way.  Just because she appears to be "happy" with the fat tramp, doesn't always make it so.  She could still be in love with you too.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)