leroy64 profile image 81

If you could, would you modify your unborn child's genetics to make the child taller?

By tall, I mean over 5'-8", I think that is average in the US. I don't think this is possible at this time, but the question intrigues me.

Mazzy Bolero profile image92

Best Answer Mazzy Bolero says

• leroy64 profile image

Brian L. Powell (leroy64) 3 years ago

I like the paragraph at the end of your answer, and that you voiced the reasons for actually doing this. Your answer had some thought to it. Armies of reality TV and Movies star look a likes? I suspect those stars might not like that.

sparkleyfinger profile image89

Lynsey Harte (sparkleyfinger) says

• leroy64 profile image

Brian L. Powell (leroy64) 3 years ago

The answer was not so strange. A similar situation, and the reasons behind the decision.

maddot profile image80

maddot says

Anselome profile image86

Steve Anselmo (Anselome) says

• leroy64 profile image

Brian L. Powell (leroy64) 3 years ago

In the course of reading your answer it occurs to me that tall is a relative term, which I think you touched on with the phrase "by your definition",

tirelesstraveler profile image86

Judy Specht (tirelesstraveler) says

• leroy64 profile image

Brian L. Powell (leroy64) 3 years ago

Interesting. I never said anything about smart. Just tall. I like your story. I am kind of surprised that no one has said they would do it, so far.

• leroy64 profile image

Brian L. Powell (leroy64) 3 years ago

I like that you brought up the issue of consequences. I don't think we will ever actually know what the true costs of genetic modification until someone goes through with it.

Maggie Bennett profile image81

Maggie Bennett says

• leroy64 profile image

Brian L. Powell (leroy64) 3 years ago

I have read about that type of operation. Personally, I would rather stay at my current height of 5'-6", than go through that.