LDS secret hand shakes and baptisms for the dead (video)

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (215 posts)
  1. profile image53
    passingthewordposted 10 years ago

This video shows what goes on inside the LDS temple. this video shows batism for the dead, secret hand shakes to enter heaven and marriage ceremony.
    Cult of not
    you judge for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6udew9axmdM

1. profile image0
      Rad Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for that, I went on and watched a few more videos that showed why Mormonism fosters racism.

Nasty piece of work that book of Mormon is.

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Never read it.  Is it worse than multiple cases of genocide?  Are innocent children to be punished with eternal torment?  Is slavery condoned?  Did the prophet offer his daughters to strangers to keep them quiet?

All is relative.

1. profile image0

Is slavery condoned?

Up until fairly recently black were only allowed to join the Mormons if they wanted to be a slave to a white person in this world and the next. Black or dark skin is taught to be the mark of Satan. The only reason this was changed (allowing blacks) was because Jimmy Carter told the leader of the Mormons that he would tax the entire business.

They apparently take a vow to strive towards a non-secular society. Me thinks you guys dodged a bullet in the last election.

Nasty stuff. I'm not say these are are any worse than the others, I'm am however say they must be even more gullible if that is even possible.

smile Actually, it was a little sarcasm; the scripture of Mormons isn't really much worse, if any, than the bible or Koran. 

Might have been a mistake, dodging that bullet.  Just might have done a world of good to let the other sects see just what happens when religion runs, or tries to run, a country.

1. profile image0

The book of Mormon was first published in March 1830 by Joseph Smith. 1830 was not that long ago and his story of the golden plates that are no where to be found is mind numbingly stupid and riddled with the worst kind of racism.

LOL Not much change in 2,000 years, was there?  Only the words; the utter nonsense is still there in abundance.

2. profile image0
                HowardBThinameposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Likewise, no one can find Moses' tablets. Mormons are no worse and no better than other religions, for the most part. They do tend to help their own, which could be construed as being a valuable perk for joining them - if one is inclined to that sort of bent.

Granted the Mormons practiced a form a racism, but so did the Christians. After all, who owned slaves until they were forced to give them up?

1. profile image0
                  Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

This is one of the best articles on slavery in the Bible that Ive seen. I hope you'll have the chance to read it.
                  http://www.godandscience.org/apologetic … bible.html

1. profile image0

Unbelievable, I knew I should have clicked on that link. I thought you said you don't believe anything except for the bible? Do you realize that contrary to that link the bible says one is allowed to beat a slave as long as they survive? And at one point your peaceful loving God convinced a slave to return to her owner how raped her and left her with child?

Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT
                    However, you may purchase male and female slaves from among the nations around you.You may also purchase the children of temporary residents who live among you, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property,passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat them as slaves, but you must never treat your fellow Israelites this way.

Exodus 21:20-21 NLT
                    If a man beats his male or female slave with a club and the slave dies as a result, the owner must be punished. But if the slave recovers within a day or two, then the owner shall not be punished, since the slave is his property.

Is this what you are justifying?

2. psycheskinner profile image82
            psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Just like it is in the Bible?

Every religion with a long history has a shameful past.  As, in fact, does any entity at all with a long history.

Mormons, on the other hand, are just people like everyone else.  Most of them very nice people.

I am more annoyed about OPs agenda than the Mormon's.  They aren't here pushing theirs in my face every month or so.

1. profile image0

They do knock on doors and attempt to control people with lies. They go as far as saying they can become Gods in heaven, on par with God the father. But I guess it's no different than the others.

1. psycheskinner profile image82

This week people have knocked on my door demanding candy and threatening to harass me if I don't give it to them.  Life is full of trials. And yet somehow I survive, atheism intact.

LOL  Gotta love that answer; it happened to me, too.  All sorts of horrific creatures threatening me!

1. profile image0

Seems to happen every year.

2. profile image53
                    passingthewordposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Lol

2. A Troubled Man profile image59
              A Troubled Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Not sure if you watched the video, but they did show that the Mormons are going to avenge the killing of their prophets against the US sometime in the future and eventually take over civil government with their own government.

1. psycheskinner profile image82

The Mormons think a lot of silly things IMHO.  But thinking they will actually do any of that is even sillier.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59

Perhaps, but thinking the religiously delusional won't do anything dangerous is not as silly as you make it considering what they've done and continue to do.

Maybe, it was silly to think the religiously delusional might fly commercial airliners into skyscrapers?

1. profile image0
                    Onusonusposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi, Mormon guy here. You know, when I'm not plotting the overthrow of the US government I like to spend my evenings with the wife and kids teaching them the value of driving airplanes into buildings.

Today I took a few minutes to have a looksey at the anti-Mormon video that PTW posted, when suddenly a question popped into my head. Is it a Christ like attribute to lie to Mormons so you can sneak into their temple and take a secret video of their rituals in order to attempt to make them look weird?

2. profile image53

That's radical  Muslims. Not Christian

3. wilderness profile image96

Well said, although they do knock on my door just as Rad Man says.  But overall, they are little different than any other sect; their scripture contains nonsense, they KNOW it is nonsense and gloss over it in an effort to pretend it isn't there.  Much like bible and Koran readers.

1. profile image53

Nonsense how?
                I know the lds doctrine is crazy but what do you think (well what part stands out to you?)

Kolob comes to mind, followed by the gold plates.  Such an obvious take off from the tables of stone!

1. profile image0

Let's not forget the racism.

2. profile image53

lol.. but it wasnt a prophet that was willing to give up their daughter it was Lot.. (crazy). genocide? please explain. If your think of what i am thinking let me give you somthing to think about. Say France came to the United states and conquered us and took over Washington D.C. Then the French killed and kicked out the American's. What do you think the rest of the United states would do? We would take our troops and everyone else that calls themselves American and take back D.C. at any cost.

1. profile image0

"This is what the Lord Almighty says ... 'Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.' "

"Therefore it shall be, when the LORD thy God hath given thee rest from all thine enemies round about, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance to possess it, that thou shalt blot out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven; thou shalt not forget."

1. profile image53

ok let me give you (my) 2 cents. I don't know if is worth anything but.. the Amalekites were doing human sacrifices worshiping false gods and alot more9look them up for more info. so God said kill them all so these pactices would be die with them. Well if you read the story will will see that they did not kill them all and kept all of the money. what happened next was that what God wanted to die did not. the woman began to share their pratices and the Isrealites comitted them. Just what God did not want. Put your self in God's place (as a father to all of the people) if your kids were being killed and influanced into doing something that would cause them to die. just a thought.

1. profile image0

Is your God impotent? Why not do it himself? Instead we have instructions from a leader telling his people to murder.

Ahhhh. Human Sacrifice? Isn't that what Jesus was. You are not making any sense, you're claiming God didn't like them killing there fellow humans and instead of giving them instructions, tells others to kill them all, all so he can set up the ultimate human sacrifice.

1. profile image53

Hey you answer your on questions. I am just telling you what i have read. That's it. Take it or leave it. Am not making sense you because you have so much anger its blinding you.

1. profile image0

Not angry, just perplexed. Notice how you didn't comment on my post, you simply reply with a personal attack and state your remark was just something you read. Attempting to justify the ethics of genocide so you can justify your personal beliefs is what you were attempting to do.

Not angry at all. Just perplexed and bewildered watching people attempt to justify genocide.

Then what? Grab an automatic weapon and go out and murder the lot of them? Is that your answer to dealing with these situations? Violence?

Obviously, your religion has taught you well.

3. profile image0

I shared that point of view with them once, they were not moved.

1. profile image0

The justification for genocide is not moving, it's rather scary.

3. profile image0

What you have is a problem with mankind... the Bible is simply reporting those events. You are godless, no? Have you ever done anything you're ashamed of? Who do you blame in that case? When mankind sins, it is b/c he wills it. (And what verse do you use to support innocent children going to hell?)

1. profile image0

Have you even read any of the bible?

"Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass."

1. profile image0

God probably didn't know what He was doing... It was probably some kind of fluke. If you could have been their to advise him with your infinite knowledge, He could have done it right.

How many times does it have to be said that you do not know what He knows? You do not have the wisdom, or the ability to see a man's heart or the future of man and mankind. When you do, you can be one of God's advisers seeing as how you are still His creation.

1. profile image0

So you justify a genocide because it was directed by a loving God rather than look look at it critically.

Would a loving, compassionate God give those orders?  NO.

Would someone trying to inspire people to go to war give those orders? YES.

And yes if one has half a brain and a leader tells you that God has instructed you to kill women and children, one would say BS.

1. profile image0

Well you got it all down. You don't need me here if you're gonna ask and answer your own questions.

1. profile image0

Okay, you answer them then.

Would a loving, compassionate God order genocide?

Would someone trying to inspire people to go to war order a God sanctioned genocide?

2. Will Apse profile image88
                Will Apseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You are  below par today, Beth, First you let a mob turn you into an accomplice. Now, you cannot even dispatch a few unbelievers.

1. profile image0

I cannot believe you showed your face on this thread... you realize you have opened yourself up to a can full of worms so large that I can't even think of a metaphor to match it?

1. Will Apse profile image88

There are no actual people in this thread, Beth.

This is what they call UMD- user matched discourse. Everyone who enters the thread gets a different experience with different dialogue. Everyone is alone with the AI.

That is why it all sounds so familiar. The AI is matching each participants needs and generating an essentially familiar, brain lulling debate.

3. A Troubled Man profile image59

lol How many times must we hear you tell us what God knows? Hilarious hypocrisy, Beth. You really know how to put your foot in your mouth over and over and over...

1. profile image0

I made you some cookies and Im sending you a pocket bible... just give me your address. smile

Will Apseposted 10 years ago

Remember it is not me posting the images. And those who seek to distract you are merely executable programs.

I will be here as a shadow.

1. profile image0

Aw.

3. Will Apse profile image88

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/08_02/PutinWildAP_468x300.jpg

1. profile image0

Now you've don it. We'll never get her back.

2. profile image0

lol!

4. Will Apse profile image88

Voted most powerful man in the world by Time.

1. profile image0

Yet he can't afford a shirt.

He sometimes goes naked in the Kremlin just to demonstrate his status.

But look close up and he is as boyish and innocent as any of the unbelievers you trample so cruelly every day.

1. profile image0

LOL... why are you so funny?
          Am I really unkind to the unbelievers? I hope not... Ive baked them all cookies and sent them with a pocket bible... surely that proves what a good person I am.

Trample, trample trample. Its not cookies they need...

I am taking this one with me:

'My friend... you must understand that those kind of tactics, though quite powerful in grade school, lack effectiveness...'

lol.

1. profile image0

It's tough love.

1. profile image0

It's avoidance. A simple yes or no would have done.

1. profile image0

Is taking another life, no matter if it is done in hate or if it is done in mercy, ok?
                  Yes or no?

1. profile image0

No. We have laws to prevent such things.

See it's easy.

Sorry Rad Man, you seem like a nice young man and I am glad Beth is so patient with you.

I will leave the two of you alone now. Goodnight.

1. profile image0

Sweet dreams. smile

5. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

Anyhoo... here we are back at square one. Good times.

6. Will Apse profile image88

This ultra-aggressive secularism is so offensive.

It comes directly out of 9/11.

People who somehow imagined they were liberals now think that it is fine to attack religion.

People who imagined that they were humanists suddenly find that they can express contempt for the vast majority of humanity.

To me, attacking someone's religion means attacking their identity and most of the things that they most love.

Beth's patience is remarkable.

1. profile image0

It's official. I want to marry you when I grow up. wink

That is entirely false, attacking religions is not attacking any person.

1. profile image0

So calling CG stupid, a dozen times is attacking her religion?

I never called her stupid, not once. Why are you making up lies, Beth?

1. profile image0

I thought I was the one with the short memory?

Your quotes to CG:

"Have you even read any of other scripture from other religions? It would appear you haven't, hence you can't make any intelligent comments regarding any differences.

You actually have no idea what you're talking about and just making up stuff as you go along. Hilarious.

Saying that merely makes you look incredibly ignorant and deluded or just something a small child would say in a kindergarten playground.

Sorry, but the Bible does not talk about the brain or how it works because no one back then knew anything about it. You should try reading books sometime.

You obviously have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Yes, you are talking nonsensical gibberish.

The difference is that you don't use yours. (brains)

That is a terrible score, a complete fail. It clearly shows you're critical thinking skills are abysmal and your posts here confirm that.

Wow! How does someone like this actually function in society?"

Yes, you are lying, Beth. Nowhere did I call her stupid. Retract your accusation immediately.

1. profile image0

Um... stupid is the same as saying someone looks ignorant, deluded, childlike, unable to perform in society, that they don't use their brains and they only speak non nonsensical gibberish.

1. profile image0

Ignorant and deluded do not equate stupid. There are many things one can be ignorant of and still be intelligent.

Beth, you claimed I called her stupid, you must retract that accusation immediately because I did no such thing.

3. A Troubled Man profile image59

So, what you're claiming is that criticizing religions is the same thing as flying commercial airliners into skyscrapers? Criticizing is the same as mass murder? Seriously, Will?

Ultra-aggressive secularism is just another form of extremism.

You have equated secularism to mass murder, Will. Are you serious?

Ultra-aggressive secularism is just another form of extremism.

Ultra-aggressive secularism is also the new racism for some people. Not you, ATM, obviously. I can see that you are a man of reason.

But Dawkins has given people who were struggling to find a group to hate, in the age of PC, a new set of targets. Don't you agree?

1. profile image0

Racism, there is another word you don't understand.

So, now secularism is equivalent to mass murder and racism. I cannot believe you're actually saying those things.

I think for some people who take their anti-religious dislikes to an extreme, it really is just that the religious provide a convenient group to attack.

I know some people who have had a religious background that included a traumatic element. People like that can find it very difficult to leave the subject alone.

They have my sympathy as long they can see that it is a problem in their life and not something they should act out by persecuting others.

Are you being persecuted? Do you not know there are laws against persecution? Seriously, Will, the things you're saying here are simply not true at all. What you're saying about secularism is very nasty and entirely false. Why are you compelled to say such things?

2. profile image0

Ahh, it's extremism to not want any church or Religion to control the government?

What has this got to do with anything in this discussion?

1. profile image0

Oh, you are unaware of what the words you use mean.

1. profile image0

Oh wow. lol
                He's like a master of words... really?

You can only say this because you have never met my stomach or my wrinkles, lol.

Anyway, time for the old man to sleep.

The great thing about ATM and Rad Man is that they keep repeating themselves at regular, (rather short) intervals so I can easily pick this up again tomorrow.

So can you, of course. Nothing wrong with taking a break...

Goodnight, all.

1. profile image0

Like Frasier and Mr. Darcy all wrapped up into one. *sigh.

Actually I have to go and get ready for my daughter's bday party. Night. smile

7. profile image55
    Fordaddictposted 10 years ago

You know, this thread is awful busy to be run by a computer. Is the computer bored?

8. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

In Lincolns early years, he attended a Baptist church with his dad, but in his college years, as with many kids finding their way, he turned a little skeptical. This quote is from his skeptic years:

“I have never spoken with intentional disrespect of religion in general, or of any denomination of Christians in particular, I still do not think any man has the right thus to insult the feelings, and injure the morals, of the community in which he may live.” (Nothing to do with the subject, just thought I'd throw that in there. smile)

After his son died, his faith in God seemed to become increasingly important to him.

In 1862 Lincoln was preparing to release the Emancipation Proclamation and told his staff that it was time. He said he had promised his Maker and that  “God had decided this question in favor of the slaves.”

In his later years an old college friend teased him for reading his Bible and Lincoln's response to him was this: “take all of this Book upon reason that you can, and the balance on faith, and you will live and die a happier man.”

1. profile image0

Are you still trying to prove it was Christianity that freed the slaves?

1. profile image0

Uh no. God did that.

1. profile image0

Tell that to the generations who had no freedom. The slave owners had the bible on there side.

1. profile image0

Ok, Ill call them now.

lol

"Over the decades and with the growth of slavery throughout the South, Baptist and Methodist ministers gradually changed their messages to accommodate the institution. After 1830, white Southerners argued for the compatibility of Christianity and slavery, with a multitude of both Old and New Testament citations.

Southern slaves generally attended their masters’ white churches, and often outnumbered the white congregants. They were usually permitted only to sit in the back or in the balcony. They listened to white preachers, who emphasized the appropriate behavior of slaves to keep in their place, and acknowledged the slave’s identity as both person and property."  J. William Frost, Christianity: A Social and Cultural History

"His private secretary, Col. John G. Nicolay. In a letter dated May 27, 1865, Colonel Nicolay says: "Mr. Lincoln did not, to my knowledge, in any way change his religious ideas, opinions, or beliefs from the time he left Springfield to the day of his death."

"His lifelong friend and executor, Judge David Davis, affirmed the same: "He had no faith in the Christian sense of the term."

1. profile image0

I don't know his reflections on Christ... his reflections on God though are well documented.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)