Is it a sin to start a forum thread

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (81 posts)
  1. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

With a leading question designed to shove your right to have an opinion on what others should be doing with their body down everyone's throat and then claim to have been "just asking a simple question"?

What do you religionists think? Is this what god wanted you to do instead of living by example rather than preaching "do as I say, not as I do"?

lol

1. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually you're supposed to do both. Live and talk. I prefer the other, live and kill.

Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ah - you are a christian then? Nice fake scarf by the way. A little effeminate, but what they hey! Takes all sorts.

1. Lady Guinevere profile image65
          Lady Guinevereposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Scarves worn in that fashion tends to exude power and mystery---sort of like religious zealots do.  It the old west movies all the bad guys wore them.  What do you think?

1. nyliram profile image59
            nyliramposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The scarves normally worn to iniate fear, are tatty red and not all fresh out of the Bag, this scarve need muddying up a bit fiercj. Make the look a bit more realistic.

2. profile image0

effeminate! What're you like? 100. Dude, you need to stay in touch in modern trends, man. Your time is gone.

LOL - Trust me - where I live, you walk down the street wearing that - I doubt you make it to the corner. lol

"Tis a nice fake tho - what did you pay for it?

1. profile image0

I'm sure I can make it down where you live. Trust me, old man. As for the price, That's about $22. Give or take. I'm into designer stuff really. I never get knock offs. I'm kinda loaded. Not all Africans wear knock-offs you know. I know its way beyond you. But Just watch any good rap video - you'll get it, old man.

LOL - Yeah sure. A typical Louis Vuitton scarf will cost about $500.  I know because I just bought my wife a $1200 purse from the Paris store. lol

Fakes - $22 sounds about right.

And it ain't me you understand - a black man wearing a mask is not going to finish walking down the street in the South of France. wink

1. profile image0

You can get a TYPICAL LUIS V for just that amount I told you in any designer boutique. Of course there abides the very very extravagant ones. But As much as I'm into Luis V and all I wouldn't pay above 50 for a scarf. But the jacket. That's a different story though. And like I said, I'm pretty sure the South of France will be a walk in the park for me. I'm quite sure. I've seen dead people. No kidding.

LOL

Dude - you cannot buy a Louis Vuitton scarf anywhere but Louis Vuitton. $ 22? lol lol Fake Louey Vuitton. The Africans sell them all along the coast. Wanna buy some Ray Bans?

Seriously though - just try wearing that mask along any street here - and bye bye. wink

2. Haunty profile image73
                  Hauntyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ouch! Mark, I think you are better than that. What was the trade-off of that purchase for you? smile

Her mother had died recently and this was a bribe to stop the crying. Didn't work sad - Nor did I expect it to. smile

2. alekhouse profile image70
            alekhouseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What are you saying, Fiery? You mean when someone is over 50, they're no longer in touch with society, the world, reality? In other words they're not "with it"? What does "your time is gone" mean?

3. moposan profile image56
          moposanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But you were the instigator......

2. moposan profile image56
    moposanposted 14 years ago

its pride

Pride goeth before a fall!

3. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

It is not a sin to start a thread, Mark but dont do it whilst eating chocolate,

LOL LOL LOL

2. Mark Knowles profile image60

Surely that cancels the other sin out? lol

4. profile image0

what is the scarf for actually

5. profile image0

no the chocolate is a sin, starting a forum is not we need another sin to cancel the chocolate out....

6. moposan profile image56

vanity fair

7. moposan profile image56

who the hell cares about bloody lui Vuiton ,Its still made in china so why the hell spend your money,just cause u are manipulated

8. fortunerep profile image67
    fortunerepposted 14 years ago

Just popping in to say that weraing a scarf or bandana like that means gang related where I live.  You need to chill for a bit there, k?  I am not sure what you are trying to prove but I have to honestly say that I liked you alot better before you starting bickering with Mark.  Age and wisdom rules. Peeps are probably wondering why you start such controversial threads, then get offended.  Stick to writing hubs, it works better for ya.

dori
    (east coast)

1. alekhouse profile image70

I actually think it's a little scary and off-putting

2. profile image0

I'm sorry you feel that way. I can't make you like me or hate me anyless. Its frigging fashion, for heaven's sake. People have Gorillas, even friggin frogs on their avatars. I've got a scarf on. Big deal. You wanna hate me, fortune, fine. Join Mark.

9. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I love playing 'my dad's bigger than your dad'. Great game big_smile

10. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

FieryCJ, This is an honest question. What do you get out of goading Mark? You could make such a good impression here on HP. Instead you go out of your way to insult someone who has friends and influence here. Is that just how you like to operate? Go write a hub.

1. moposan profile image56

wooow influence

2. alekhouse profile image70

I'd also like to know the answer to this. He's called Mark "old man" "sissy" and told him "his time is gone" What's with all the allusions to age? What has that got to do with wearing a scarf around one's face?

3. profile image0

Hey Mighty, why is that everyone feels so darn compelled to kiss the guy's ass? Why? Cos he's got influence? Big deal. I wouldn't care less. If people will just for once step back and look at the guy - Mark for a minute, you'll find that he's not that much of a nice guy, not much. I mean, c'mon, what's with the Mark worship. Its like a friggin religion by itself in here. And Oh! I'm sorry that I'm not kneeling to Mighty Mark Knowles like everybody seems to be doing these days. Gawd!

1. alekhouse profile image70

Why are you so insulting? This has nothing to do with influence, or worship, or who is or is not a nice guy.

2. Lady Guinevere profile image65

Whaaaaaaaaaaa!

11. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I honestly don't think fiery's being insulting. It's just the way he talks. I think he's just a shoot from the hip kinda guy.

And I doubt very much that Mark hates you fiery. I should imagine Mr Knowles has better things to do with his time.

*thinks frigging-frog may have been a better name*

1. profile image0

that's where you're wrong, frog. He hates me. I mean, he absolutely, pain-drippingly hates me. He cant get enough of poking me every chance he gets. If he wasn't married, I would think he was gay and had a crush on me. Seriously, its that bad. There may have been a time I respected him in here - when I came in newly and all - but all that is ancient history. You guys can keep worshipping him all you want. Lavish him with love, he'll love you all right back - Mark Knowles way. Ha! What a joke.

I do not hate you. I only make fun of people I like. wink

1. nyliram profile image59
          nyliramposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well put, and the scarf is such a cutesy one, bet his gran gave it to him. and he wants to show us how macho it looks.

2. frogdropping profile image77
        frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

fiery - I'm afraid to say that I don't love Mark. Or even worship him. I love my partner. I love my children. I even love my cat. But Mark is not on that list. I don't know him. So I'm neither qualified to love nor hate him.

And I really do doubt that he hates you. Like I said, I believe he has better things to do. Loving people in the flesh is far more gratifying than the virtual alternative.

*wanders off for a coffee*

But you said it was forever............ sad

1. frogdropping profile image77

Mark ... so sorry ... blame fiery for evoking that statement wink

After all, he appears to believe that you have enough room in your life to physically hate him - so from now on I think you'd be well served to blame him for anything and everything.

Wow. You're very on whipping boy! My grandma had one you know. Poor little bugger!

2. profile image0

You guys are not on the receiving end of all this, so i dont expect any of you to get it. The guy is crazy about me - he hates my damn guts.

Uh, I once thought the same thing, until I got to know him better,  It is people like you who start wars and you did it so well.  Those who do think and reach out for unerstanding are the ones who are understood and loved--well liked and this is more of what this world needs.

2. frogdropping profile image77

lol fiery - grow up you daft bugger wink

12. vkent7441 profile image61
    vkent7441posted 14 years ago

This is really interesting I have to say. I do reviews on products and know myself for a fact that Lv products, regardless of what it is, sell for hundreds of thousands of dollars. A good celebrity friend of mine wears LV and believe me, she pays big bucks for the stuff.
    If your a gansta, more than likely it was bought on the black market or stolen. Growing up, I was in a gang... I lived in California and it's covered in gang activity. If you weren't in a gang, you got the crap beat out of you everyday till you picked a gang or a side.
    Anyways, I'm not being ugly to anyone, it's just that I do this stuff for a living and do know facts. Check out my hubs and my website if your curious to know the facts.

1. profile image0

You do what for a living exactly? Talk crap. Lol. Who's next.

13. S06FH5N1 profile image59
    S06FH5N1posted 14 years ago

frogdropping is right. All should be judged with respect to their IQs.

14. moposan profile image56

superiority games.Calm down kids.

15. S06FH5N1 profile image59

I think it's envy that makes him talk like this.
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/14856

1. profile image0

That's the dumbest thing I've heard all week. And that's saying a lot.

16. Mighty Mom profile image78

I don't think anyone would ever accuse me of Mark worship. I respect his opinions on many subjects and I respect the way he expresses those opinions.
    The vast majority of Hubbers are intelligent people. They give respect to people who earn that respect. You earn respect not by picking ridiculous fights in the forums, but by demonstrating your intelligence. If you are choosing to spend time in the Forums you are pretty much expected to bring something constructive to the party.

Personally, I don't care if your scarf is LV or a bandana from the local five and dime. If you want to use a scarf in your avatar, that's your prerogative.

And see? Mark himself says he doesn't hate you! So what's all the fuss about then???

17. vkent7441 profile image61
    vkent7441posted 14 years ago

Everyone seems like such a loving bunch, lol. smile
    I mean seriously, can't we all just get along... okay what about for a million bucks, a bottle of champaigne and a cigarette?
    WOW!
    I've been around my kids too long, I need a break! You all know where i'm headed with this...

18. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 14 years ago

fierycj -

Fact:  LV does not make a bandana in the print you are sporting.
    Fact:  Every LV bandana I've seen costs upwards of TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS.
    Fact:  You are likely wearing the fakest fake Louie Vitton piece of cotton that some schmuck could fob off on you.
    Opinion:  I am very sorry that you feel you need to flood the forums with negativity.  I wish you would stop.
    Opinion:  Mark is a fantastic chap who just likes to make people feel and think, react and stand up for something.  He does that pretty well.
    Fact: Personal attacks are not welcome on the forums.

Charlotte - thank you for that - I was just about done with this, but that tipped the scales.

LG - the same. Despite outward appearances, it is nice to get got. smile

In the meantime, please give a big round of applause to the latest thread that has me literally laughing out loud. A big hand to..

Is it a sin to wear a fake LV scarf while buggering sheep?

1. profile image0

Hey, ain't you supposed to be buying your wife a new LV purse? $500 and all?

Hate to break it to y'all. Ain't no $500 buying no LV purse - dig?

2. Lady Guinevere profile image65

Right now I am trying to thwart Make Money on the thread about the world ending and also on my hub "WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT".  I visited it but now I have to go make dinner and finish up the laundry.  I wil be back though--promise!

19. S06FH5N1 profile image59

I've seen this tantrum from him a few times. Just ask his a dumb question about movies and He'll become a sugar.

1. profile image0

whatsitsface? Didn't I tell you to beat it!

1. S06FH5N1 profile image59
        S06FH5N1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Fiery, which is your favorite star wars episode, anyway?

2. profile image0

Who asked your opinion? Beat it. And leave my grandma out of this.

20. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 14 years ago

Fierycj is a troll.  He took longer to reveal himself, but it's pretty obvious.  He's glommed onto Mark because he can get attention in Mark's spotlight. Stop feeding him and he'll crawl away and bait the next unsuspecting group.

1. profile image0

A troll...i'm a frigging Wraith. I devour the souls of men, and spew their guts out to the east wind!

21. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

Listen, if you guys all wanna fall in line to worship Mark Knowles, fine. I'm sure he's sitting back and laughing at his psychosphantic followers - he's a smart guy, too. No doubt. But if you guys are gonna keep being blind - cos I know everyone who's siding him now are all his fans - so you're probably trying to justify your gross error. But whatever works for you. I gotta go to bed. I get more action in bed than in these forums. No kidding. Fare ye well, O ye followers of Mark Knowles.

1. moposan profile image56

that is one hell of a virtual gang you deal with.smile

2. S06FH5N1 profile image59
      S06FH5N1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, don't go. You can do it with your left hand while typing with the right.

3. Ron Montgomery profile image59
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

***sycophantic***

22. cindyvine profile image67
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

Fierycj, I love your scarf.

1. profile image0

I knew you weren't like the rest of the  SYCOPHANTS. Thanks for the correction, Ron - big deal. Clap for yourself. Goodnite all. Thanks for the entertainment. But its getting old and boring. I need to amuse myself somewhere else.

23. cindyvine profile image67

Fierycj, did you photoshop that scarf on to your avatar?  Very clever, that's how you know it's real as it came from a real LV ad!  I can see it's your old avatar underneath the photoshopped scarf.  Why all this personal attack stuff just because of a scarf?  I am confused?

24. Mighty Mom profile image78

Cindy,
    Do you know where we can get those scarves? Maybe we should all photoshop one onto our avatars:-).

$22 - I know a guy. big_smile

25. cindyvine profile image67

Mark if you're being charged $22 you are being ripped off.  Maximum of $3 here in China.  MM look on LV ads on the internet and you can find one to photoshop on.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)