No man cometh unto the Father but by me.

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (58 posts)
  1. gonzo62003 profile image61
    gonzo62003posted 14 years ago

"Praise the Lord!"  I would just like to say that in this world it can be really easy to just forget what Jesus has done for us.
    While we were yet sinners..He shed his blood,gave us forgiveness,and grace...maybe just maybe we should depend on those things and not depend on ourselves so much.  Have a gr888 day!

1. glendoncaba profile image74
      glendoncabaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.

2. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Krishna says the same thing in the Holy Bhagwat Gita.
      What the masters mean is the way to god requires one pointed concentration.

3. atomswifey profile image57
      atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amen!!!!
      God is most awesome!
      Keep that zeal and ferver!
      Praise His holy name forever!!!! smile

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And scream it at all those who think it is a load of old cobblers!!!

1. atomswifey profile image57

was I responding to you?
          I think not
          You are the one following and screaming earnest

Been here on and off all day. Don;t think so! Just responding to the usual zealots who own the truth! smile

And why do you feel such necessity do so?
              What makes you so happy to do such things?
              Do you feel proud of yourself having word battles with believers?
              Does it make you feel more important to yourself? Or others?
              Does it make you more of a man?
              Do you see or have you ever seen me going onto an atheist related thread and responding?
              Maybe thats because Im not interested in those subjects. I do not have a cause to belittle what others believe. Maybe I have chosen to stay in the realm of the christian threads to support other believers and have discussion about my beliefs rather than doing that.
              But thats me. smile

i feel it necessary to say something about superstitious nonsense wherever it is, if it is harmful to people.
                Your exclusive club religion excludes everyone who does not believe as you do. You and others like you have no support for your assertions.
                Not one spot of proof of what you call the truth has been found.
                Medical science along with the other sciences make a mockery of your beliefs daily, but you never read any of it because it does not agree with a 2,000 year old myth that you and your like cannot follow, whch is why you try to stuff people full of this crap. you don't believe it yourself! "Thou protesteth too much!"  smile

So you earnest feel it is necessary to be the "hero" and rescue the topic of discussion?
                  LOL
                  I sense an ego trip all the way there.
                  funny, I dont see you jumping over to the paganism and witchcraft threads then? They do have some negative connotations attached to their beliefs no? I mean people who have taken it so far as to sacrifice humans, raping women, etc. Not all grant it, but some yes?
                  Why not rescue them earnest?

I think its because you choose to come in here on these threads because it fuels your own ego to think yourself so superior unlike us believers. To assert yourself so high above us in your perceived notions of your truth and logic.
                  You too are being hypocritical in those assertions.
                  I can see it even in this post of yours.
                  Same rhetoric over and over.
                  Do you not see that in yourself?, in your statements?
                  You blame us for the very same thing you are doing, only on the other side of belief.

My beliefs are my own. I do not feel the need to make threads about my beliefs, I put them in hubs.
                    I know of nothing more dangerous than religious myths. The early indoctrination of children is criminal in my view.

It is not I who stated that I had the truth and others were going to hell, it was you.
                    I have no ego reasons for posting. I post facts. Provable facts, that pass scientific scrutiny and are fairly believable and as much truth as we have today, all normal stuff, no need for ego.
                    It is tremendously egotistical of you however, to assume what you do with no evidence to support it and then expect it to be read as fact. smile

2. aoiffe379 profile image61
    aoiffe379posted 14 years ago

Hallelujah! The people who do not remember the benefits we receive of God forget what he has done through redemptions. I will never forget.Apparently God has given you a zeal too. Isn't God awesome!

3. gonzo62003 profile image61

Thank you my friend for your response. "In these last days we will see who is the wheat and who is the chaff!"  There is nothing wrong with storing up in heaven those riches which cannot be corrupted.

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I didn't know  heaven was a storage !

You know tantrum, in the sky. Plenty of room. smile

For suns and planets, but for riches I doubt it. But of course in these beliefs you can believe anything I gather. big_smile

Yep! And a fresh interpretation will solve any logistical problems! lol

4. Pr0metheus profile image57
    Pr0metheusposted 14 years ago

I highly doubt he actually said that.  Yay for human interpretation, lust for power, and need for governing laws!

The whole bible thing is controlling and sexist. smile

5. gonzo62003 profile image61

"You hide ur eyes but they are big and your heart is even bigger. You cover your ears but they can hear even what most humans cannot and only wish they could." "Have a super day!"

6. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Uh-oh, we got a new nut on the block lol

They find their way to the thread through the name I guess. smile

7. gonzo62003 profile image61

Humans have a saying that goes like this "Sometime you feel like a nut sometimes you don't." Wouldn't it be gr8 to know your in charge at all times but at the same time your not.??

1. torimari profile image66
      torimariposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It would be gr8 and impossible at the same time!

2. tantrum profile image60

Really?? Which humans ? yikes Maybe from another planet lol

3. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is not a Human saying it was an advertising solgan for Hershey Chocolate bars with almonds and bars without. back in the 50's and 60"s. A slogan song on TV from an add campagin!...good grief!

It had to do with selling candy! not with religious philosophy.
      Although Chocolate could be a religion~!....lol

Sweet Lord

8. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

I take it you are not human, right? yikes

9. profile image0
    TMinutposted 14 years ago

gonzo, what do you think it actually means, "...BY me"? If I say I went to my boss by John, what would that mean? It doesn't make sense in English really so I'm just wondering. I know it's usually explained by a whole doctrine of original sin, atonement, reconciliation, all that, but I don't really see it. Not saying I don't believe that doctrine, I'm just saying I don't see how that comes out of what he said himself.

So what do you think coming to one person by another means? Have you read the "original" language?

10. gonzo62003 profile image61

True my friend, but isn't it what they called all Christians from the start Nuts,Zealots,Bewitched,etc.etc.etc.

11. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

No, that sounds more like what so called Christians say about others when ramming scripture down their necks! smile

12. profile image0

Never mind gonzo, i wrote a blog post about it instead. Little bit of research made a big difference, I hadn't realized the usual understanding of it bothered me so much.

13. profile image0

What do you mean, "one pointed concentration"? Do you mean to make that the one most important focus of your life?

1. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"When they eye be single" Jesus
      "Seven breaths of one pointed concentration will get one enlightened " Patanjali

Yes its is very important, the way to god. smile

14. gonzo62003 profile image61

"Good Morning my friend!" Peace to you, I hope you have a grr888 day. My day is just beginning its 4:29am Take Care

thank you and good morning smile It's 5:32am here

You two get up that early    to flog religion on forum posts? Gettoutahere!! lol lol

15. earnestshub profile image81

You have read selectively if at all. The points you make have all been covered. smile

16. earnestshub profile image81

lol I'd watch it! lol

I'm beginning to write now, with all this material ,it's going to be easy. A piece of cake !! big_smile

17. atomswifey profile image57
    atomswifeyposted 14 years ago

Before I go into some of the proof you seek Mark and earnest, I think its important for you to calculate the probability that you are responding with hundreds and hundreds of posts if not thousands purely to demonstrate your caring nature in trying to help all of us poor delusional people to look at your "truth".

Once having done that, look at the probability of your creator trying to do the same thing to you and for the same reason. maybe that is why you are really in here night after night, day after day and going to such lengths, even being incognito (Mark), and this could be because deep down you seek to have an answer to your own questions about your own beliefs. That you fight and fight to prove your own conclusions correct without science being able to prove them for you.
    Science provides evidence, you draw your own conclusions. Science has not and will not prove your conclusions and that is what is eating at you. And why I believe you come into the christian forums and debate with us.
    Leaning on your own understanding and not Gods. Because you know very well, if you did that, you would be responsible to Him. And that is the real concept you refuse to accept.

Just one of dozens of sites I find interesting...
    http://www.doesgodexist.org/

The following excerpt was taken from http://www.doesgodexist.org/AboutClayton/PastLife.html

This man was an atheist born and raised...

My high school career was one in which I grew quite rapidly academically. I enjoyed science and decided that I wanted to be a scientist of some kind. I entered Indiana University majoring in the field of physical science. It was actually at this point that one of the great changes that occurred in my life took place. I enrolled in a course in astronomy at the feet of one of the great astronomers of our day. In that particular course, we were studying the problem of origins--the creation of matter from nothing. As we discussed this particular subject, we went into all those theories that are in that particular material. We talked about the big-bang theory, the quasistatal theory, the continuous generation theory, the planetessimal theory, etc.

When we got to the conclusion of that discussion, I asked the professor which of the particular theories was the one that is most acceptable and that satisfactorily explains the creation of matter from nothing. He leaned over the desk and looked me straight in the eye and said, "Young man, you need to learn to ask intelligent questions." That rather upset me. I did not appreciate that and I said, "Well, what do you mean?" He said, "This is not a question that a scientist tries to answer. This is a question for the philosopher or theologian, but this is not something that falls into the realm of science." In today's discussions of black holes and parallel universes, things have not changed. The basic question of the creation of matter/energy from absolutely nothing is not an area that can be scientifically explored. I was very disturbed by that answer. I had always felt that science could ultimately answer all the questions that man had--that there was nothing that science could not eventually take care of as far as what man might challenge and want to know about. Yet this learned man, an expert in his field, said that this was an area that the scientist should not even try to answer--that it was totally beyond the capacity of science to explain and explore.

OMG! You know how many times we have all seen that! lol It is primarily nonsensical.

Evidence abounds to disprove the unprovable bible and it's many religions as I stated, read Hawkins, read todays science, don't just stick with what some guy told you, open your mind to what is happening right now. smile

I think its important for you to calculate the probability that you are responding with hundreds and hundreds of posts if not thousands purely to demonstrate your caring nature in trying to help all of us poor delusional people to look at your "truth".

Once having done that, look at the probability of your creator trying to do the same thing to you and for the same reason.

18. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

@atomswifey

Open your mind! It's not going to hurt !! lol

@Tantrum:[/url]

Open your Heart, it's not going to hurt !!

lol lol lol Use your sense of humor more, atomswifey and less Bible quotes. Pleaseeee !!!! smile

I quoted one verse tantrum as it could very well relate to our discussion on the big bang theory

Quoted here then. But only one!

19. earnestshub profile image81

No bible quotes, no "proof" She has nothing else to offer. smile

She can offer sense of humour. I hope she does ! for the sake of everybody big_smile

20. atomswifey profile image57
    atomswifeyposted 14 years ago

And yes I have a sense of humor

Moses, Jesus and an old man are golfing. Moses steps up to the tee and hits the ball. It goes sailing over the fairway and lands in the water trap.
    Moses parts the water and chips the ball onto the green.

Jesus steps up to the tee and hits the ball. It goes sailing over the fairway and lands in the water trap. Jesus just walks on the water and chips the ball onto the green.

The old man steps up to the tee and hits the ball. It goes sailing over the fairway and heads for the water trap. But, just before it falls into the water, a fish jumps up and grabs the ball in its mouth.
    As the fish is falling back down into the water, an eagle swoops down and grabs the fish in its claws. The eagle flies over the green where a lightning bolt shoots from the sky and barely misses it.
    Startled, the eagle drops the fish. When the fish hits the ground, the ball pops out of its mouth and rolls into the hole for a hole-in-one!
    Jesus then turns to the old man and says, "Dad, if you don't stop
    fooling around, we aren't bringing you any more!."

another
    This was posted on a church bulletin:

At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be "What is Hell?" Come early and listen to our choir practice.
    lol

21. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

lol lol lol Not only a sitcom. a stand up comedian as well big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)