jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

When God is Silent

1. Mike Bacigalupi profile image60
    Mike Bacigalupiposted 6 years ago

Meanwhile, where is God?....When you are happy, so happy that you have no sense of needing Him, if you turn to him then with praise, you will be welcomed with open arms.  But go to Him when your need is desperate, when all other help is vain and what do you find?  A door slammed in your face and a sound of bolting and double bolting on the inside.  After that, silence.

I think many of us have a hard time believing in Him because we canâ??t see Him.  We believe what we can see.  Iâ??ve never seen a million dollars but I know it exists.  Believing Before Seeing.  I believe God wants us to understand a simple but philosophical principle of faith:  Believing comes before seeing.  We must believe what He tells us before we can see what He intends to do.   So many of us have that backward.  We live by the old saying â??Seeing is Believingâ?? and want God to show us something before we believe Him and follow His direction. 

Do you think that God is working for us even when we are trampled by tragedy, pain, heartbreak, and loss?  When our world collapses around us and we lose something we hold near and dear, we have a hard time believing God is really drawn in or that God really cares.  I can tell you this, when things are getting bad and I start to struggle I say a prayer that my good friend Marty Kent told me; â??God I put this in your hands, I can not do this with out you, it is bigger than me. Again I put this in your hands.â??  I say this before I start any half marathon, marathon, triathlon and even the Ironman.   My faith allows me to believe in these words because He is truly bigger than any situation I will be faced with.

Michael Bacigalupi

2. Lady_E profile image82
    Lady_Eposted 6 years ago

That's nice and encouraging Mike.

3. livenlearn87 profile image80
    livenlearn87posted 6 years ago

I really like this article.  I agree with you.  It is so easy to have faith in God when things are going good in our life.  It is when we feel lost that we question where He is.  I truly believe that because He knows everything,He knows what is best for us even when we don't.  That being said sometimes He answers our prayers and we don't even realize it because it isn't the answer we wanted. Maybe you pray for a promotion and didn't get it because God knows, and even bigger opportunity will come.  I believe it is important for us all to realize that God knows us better than we know ourselves, and He hears all of our prayers.  That doesn't mean He will always answer them the way we want, because sometimes we want things that are not always for the best.  In every trial you go through, remember give it to God, and trust with all your heart that He knows best.

4. caravalhophoto profile image61
    caravalhophotoposted 6 years ago

Great post Michael...believeing in something bigger is hard for a lot of people.
    When things are great and all is happy, I do thank God.
    When trouble and fear arise I ask for guidence from God.
    I feel him in my prescence everyday and I pray to him more than once a day.  I thank him before my feet hit the ground in the morning and thank him when I walk outside and smell the air...
    He is the last one I talk to before I close my eyes.

Thanks again for your words...nice

5. Make  Money profile image70
    Make Moneyposted 6 years ago

Yeah wise words Mike.