Reasons "Of Believing" or "Of Not Believing" in God

Jump to Last Post 1-35 of 35 discussions (231 posts)
  1. profile image52
    little johnnyposted 12 years ago

Give 3 good reasons why you DO believe in God or you DO NOT believe in God.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

1. Psychotics are by definition not gods.

2. All gods are mythical from ra onwards as all the god stories are recycled from previous gods, and this is being better documented daily.

3. Gods are assumed more powerful than humans, so do not need to be worshipped, would not be jealous, and as pure love, would not make it conditional.

As no evidence exists at all for any god I do not believe in a god.

2. A Troubled Man profile image58
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My prayers remain unanswered.
      He has not revealed himself.
      My thoughts are my own.

You be the judge.

1. parrster profile image81
        parrsterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What have you been praying for, and why?

In what way are you hoping for him to reveal himself?

Your thoughts are your own... but known by God. What God thinks of your thoughts might be the better consideration.

Psalm 139:1-3 - O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar, you discern my going out and my lying down, you are familiar with all my ways

3. parrster profile image81

Mathematics tells us that nothing comes from nothing. Therefore there must have always been something that was. The universe cannot, logically, have come from nothing. What, then, is the something it came from? It cannot be of this universe, for that is a contradiction. A material thing cannot pre-exist itself. Also, the universe cannot be eternal, for evidence is everywhere that it had a beginning and is getting older, winding down like a mechanical clock (in response to this very truth the big-bang theory was thought up). Implying, then, that there was a time it was fully wound up and new. But what existed before the universe’s beginning? Before it arrived in all its newness?
      Was it a mind (thinking) or matter (non-thinking), not of this universe? The universe encompasses incredible complexity and all the hallmarks of, what appears to be, intelligent arrangement. However, non-thinking matter is not intelligent. It has the ability to neither decide anything nor put anything in order; such requires reasoned thought. Therefore what pre-existed the universe cannot have been matter. Mind then. God

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nothing? Unbelievable. This continues to be the claim of believers.

What the Universe came from cannot be measured, but would appear to be "nothing". But, came from something. So saying it came from nothing is pure conjecture, to support the god concept.

So are you agreeing that something pre-existed our universe or that something didn't?

Pre-existed?

The Universe has always existed. It runs on a cycle. It collapses on itself and re-expands on it's own power.

How convenient

1. profile image0
                brotheryochananposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes that was...
                ...very convenient
                Funny how the universe can always exist but God has to have a creator. God cannot have always existed.
                ....too convenient

Convenient definitely, and odd. Odd that we're allowed to believe the universe is endless and eternal, that the stars are innumerable and any number of other incredible but "scientific” things (we may even believe that some advanced alien power manufactured us); but a supernatural Being... Bah, superstition!
                  Truly, for all the grandiose things the human mind can achieve it remains a rather small place.

1. profile image0

when confronted with the religion of Self, considering all the stupid things that people do, even the educated ones - it's nice to know there is a God who is much much better.
                    And also that mankind can land a spaceship on the moon, plot the movement of astral bodies, build nuclear reactors too close to a shoreline, in spite of this and more, when nature rears its head, mankind is humbled - even powerless in its aftermath.

2. parrster profile image81

And we don't say the universe came from nothing, we simply claim that the material universe is not eternal, but who it came from is.

And, that would be nothing more than speculation and/or assumption on your part. Now isn't it? Of course it is. You need something to make you feel more secure, like you have the answers...."god" fills in the gaps in your irrationality rationalized thought process. Nothing new from a religious person.

You must be proud of yourself, you cannot even be honest with yourself. So, people who you talk to, don't expect you to be honest with them.

Just thought you should know. wink

Thanks for the heads up. If only I'd known earlier that all I had to do to get others to take me seriously was to stop believing in God... have you considered counselling. wink

You're kidding right?

I don't have a problem. I'm not the one who is dishonest with self. Try looking in the mirror for once, and don't let your ego do the viewing.

Maybe, just maybe, you might actually learn something about yourself. lol

I doubt it, but it's an idea to correct your personal issues. lol

And where do I get this magic mirror exactly? One that determines the existence of God on the basis of my humble reflection?

A "magic" mirror? You need one to see past yourself? roll WOW! You're in bigger trouble than you realize.
                    roll

2. Evolution Guy profile image58
                    Evolution Guyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Humble? LOLOL

2. profile image0

your Self is so angry

smile

2. Cagsil profile image71

You seem to see anger in many, which is obviously something you are projecting from yourself.

I have no anger toward people. I find religious people actually funny most of the time. Laughter is never and cannot ever be misconstrued as anger.

3. A Troubled Man profile image58

Sure is funny how in most of your responses to others, they are the ones with an ego problem. LOL!

Hey Troubled,

It is the #1 cause of most problems. So, it's not hard to figure out. It just goes to show that more often than not, people cannot see past themselves, to get to truth.

You can laugh all you want, but at least I am honest. And, the fact that you seem to think that I am the one with an ego problem more so, because I point it out about others...think again.

I've written a hub on the topic, not to mention, I also have the ability to see past my own, which apparently you choose not to.

2. parrster profile image81

Two astronauts land on a distance planet, one a died-in-the-wool sceptic regarding alien life. On an exploratory outing they come upon an elaborate structure, clearly the sign of intelligent life. Says the sceptic, “Did you put that there?”
              Incredulous the companion says, “Don’t be daft, this is a clear sign of alien intelligence.”
              “Be serious,” says the sceptic, “obviously if you didn’t put it there, then it must be the result of planetary activity?”
              “It’s far too complex; surely you can see that it can’t have occurred naturally.”
              “Given enough time it could have, anything can happen given enough time.”
              “But how?” asked the companion, bewildered by the sceptics self-assurance.
              “Oh, we’ll figure it out, I’ve already got a few theories I’m willing to bet my life on are true?”
              “OK, but why would it happen to start with, what’s the purpose of something so elaborate when something simple would have-”
              “Oh, come on, be honest with yourself, if there was an alien life, where’s the evidence, hmm?”
              The companion indicates the elaborate structure.
              “You can’t be serious”, says the sceptic, “You know what your problem is, you’re egotistical.”
              “Huh?” says the companion, a bit stunned.

lol lol

2. profile image0

lol
                now that is good clean humor

4. MrMaranatha profile image73
      MrMaranathaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Three Reasons:  1)  He has already proven himself countless times in my life.
      2)  He is a with me continually guiding me and keeping me out of trouble.
      3)  When I was "Far" from him, my life was a mess, finances a wreck and the general situation was no where near what it is today as a believer. 
      4)  God does not need to prove himself to anyone... that would be beneath him.  But to reveal himself to those who seek him truthfully is something he likes to do. 
      Atheists and some others think to brag and challenge God to show himself... try that with a lowly man like Obama or one of the Builderburgers and see if they even talk to you.. So how do you expect to get God's attention with your whining tantrums?  Does not work does it?  Try Humility and Repentance and you may get his attention.

2. profile image0
    Binaya.Ghimireposted 12 years ago

Satyam Shivam Sundaram - Hindu mantra

Literally: 1- God is truth. 2- Shiva is God. 3- God is beautiful.

3. djoutsider711 profile image60
    djoutsider711posted 12 years ago

Why I DON'T believe in ANY god:

1. The concepts of a god is a HUMAN concept, without the belief in such a being the being in question simply would cease to exist (not that he exist to begin with, thus the word Concept).

2. The choices I make every day effect not only my daily life but also the life of those around me. Likewise, the choices other people make effect me. This is not a supernatural situation, it is a fact. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. A god is only a scapegoat explanation of why and how things happen, without taking the time to understand the things.

3. Gods are defined in a way that cannot be proven or disproved. It is a well sharpened blade that has been tweaked and balanced over thousands of years. Simply put, if one were to claim proof that a god exist, then that proof has a chance of being proven false. So, a god is crated that is beyond the reaches of this.
       This may not exactly be a reason for my non-belief but if something is supposed to be considered real and tangible in our universe, it should not be afraid of scrutiny. However, we see only the opposite.

Where is your proof that God is ONLY a human concept?
      That unscrupulous humans use the existence of God to manipulate others does not take away from the reality of his existence.

Really? Prove "HE" exists in reality. All believers make claims that "HE" doesn't exist in reality, because "HE" is a spirit or something else that exists outside of time and space.

Therefore, IF "HE" exists outside of time and space, then "HE" doesn't actually exist.

1. profile image0

time applies only here.
          the universe is expanding where? Yes there is something beyond the universe otherwise it couldn't expand. Even nothingness equates to somethingness or room to expand, so if there is room for expansion, there is something beyond the universe. And if there is a beyond the universe, God dwells somewhere there.
          To exist without time will be lovely. I can't wait to exist without time. Oh wait if i am to exist without time then its possible the one who said to me i can exist beyond, without, time is probably himself existing beyond time.
          Bibles awesome but of course it conflicts with your... where did you get your philosophy from again?

4. profile image52
    ibneahmadposted 12 years ago

I believe in the Creator God and it is very natural to believe in Him. It is very reasonable to believe in Him naturally, in my opinion.

1. djoutsider711 profile image60
      djoutsider711posted 12 years agoin reply to this

How is it natural?

Are you saying that if you were born in a society that had no god/gods you still would have come to believe in God? What if you were born into a Satanist family? What if you were born into a Hinduism family? It is only seems natural to you because it was how you were taught to believe and think.

Gods were originally crated due to mankinds need to explain things but now we know why the earth shakes, why the tides rise and fall, how the earth circles the sun... there is no need for these myths created to comfort the pain of the unknown.

How is it reasonable?

Is it reasonable for me to believe that a giant spaghetti monster created the universe? Was it reasonable for the Nords to believed that an eclipse was cause by a wolf chasing the the sun and eating it up? The only way to prevent this from happening was by them running around the camp banging things together in an attempt to scare the wolf away. See, what happened with that belief is they realized that even if they didn't bang their sticks together, the sun always came back. So, they dropped this belief in favor of REASON.

I fail to see how the belief in any god is reasonable.

1. profile image52
        ibneahmadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

As for me; I was born in a family who believed in the Creator God and the society around me also believed in Him. I find that in all parts of the world the society has been believing in Him. I have not yet found anything that I should not believe in Him.

I don't find any fault with Him.

2. OutWest profile image58
        OutWestposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm guessing at one point people in society didn't believe.  People believing in God had to start somewhere.

It did begin somewhere. It began from ignorance in understanding their own life and the world they lived in.

1. OutWest profile image58

You mean the ignorance that comes from not believing?

No. The ignorance that comes from not understanding their own life and the world around them.

What part of my previous post did you not understand?

Maybe they were wise enough to humble themselves to the fact that there are much greater things than themselves in this universe.  And maybe they actually understand their life much better than non believers.

It was not a fact of being humble. It was directly related to a lack of not understanding.
                  Not. But, nice try.

What do you know

lol

humble?
                  wise?
                  understanding?

lol lol

1. profile image0

try a dictionary

5. Jonathan Janco profile image61
    Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years ago

I believe in a creative source of all that exists, and because I enjoy it that way, but I keep it mostly private outside of here.

6. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

(a) It's not required to understand one's own life.
    (b) It's not required to live one's own life.
    (c) It's not rationally sound or even logical to maintain any belief with regards to a god.

1. profile image0

No it is not required to understand ones own life... if indeed one can truly understand his own life or does one merely mold a life from the chances and opportunities that present themselves.
      If God put us to here to have a life in Him, then we cannot understand our lives at all without Him, because the life without Him is not the life intended for us to live. We replace the life in Him with the life we have and we think we have life. The two are not identical in any way.
      If our life is built up by chances.. who is to say God did not have a hand in that chance?  His word, says he feeds the birds and He set up a beautiful self recycling, energy friendly planet made of colors that would not drive us nuts (pink grass and red skies - but i digress)  People  consider natures colors to be chance, calm and soothing and are not the work of a God who knows about such things. If indeed a God created those colors for our benefit then to deny Him any portion in anything beyond that, is just not understanding. smile
      John 10:10   The thief comes to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

More junk offered by a believer. Nothing more than conjecture.

It shows you don't understand your own life and you probably never will. wink

1. profile image0

well you are right. You gave me something to ponder and this is what i came up with.
          I am not trying to understand my life i am trying to understand Gods life. His life changes my life. My life is unraveling, it is being revealed to me one step at a time. My life could wind up anywhere, doing anything but doing the thing that God wants me to do,whatever that is. My life is not finalized, its not completed, in fact it is beginning and perhaps i never will understand my life, because i suspect it is hard to understand something that is in a process of evolving and that makes me happy. In a sense i am not in control of my life; God is and my life has taken a backseat to what God has planned for my life - to quote the bible:
          1 Corinthians 13:12   For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
          Now i realize this is talking about something else but in our discussion this is a good application for what God is doing in my life, because of the ever widening expanse of possibilities that can be produced in my life, i perceive that i never will understand all, most or some of what will be and i suppose too that this is because God is forming my life.
          I find that exciting.

Stick with YOUR life. While you attempt to understand your supposed god's life, you continue to damage the rest of the people who you happen to come in contact with.

1. profile image0

where is your proof of this damage?

It all over the forums, but I didn't expect you to notice. lol

1. profile image0

such a vague answer.
                  Am i just to take your opinion as fact then or will you man up?

Vague is your specialty. Not mine.
                    You don't have take anything at all. The only thing you have to do is actually listen to others, who have said the same thing about you. We all cannot be wrong about you. So, stick that in your pipe and smoke, until the cows come home.

You're so full of it and yourself, you make a mockery of yourself, everytime you open your mouth. I'm just pointing it out to you, so you know. You damage yourself, your own credibility and still never notice the damage you do to others.

Good luck going forward, you're going to need it.

7. liftandsoar profile image59
    liftandsoarposted 12 years ago

I believe in God because he revealed himself in the person of Jesus Christ.  By all counts he was a good and noble man.  When he rose from the dead, that settled it.  If Christ is not risen my faith is in vain.

8. profile image0
    Sherlock221bposted 12 years ago

I can give three reasons why I used to believe in God, and three why I don't now.

Former Beliefs

1. Nature is so beautiful, there must be a designer behind it.

2. The complexity of life could not have evolved, but must have been designed.

3. I can't believe that everything I am, my mind and everything I have learned could just disappear, therefore there must be an afterlife.

Beliefs Now

1. Nature is beautiful because it is what we are used to.  If I had been born on a planet with purple sky and pink grass, this too would be beautiful because it is what I would have been familiar with.

2. There is so much evidence that species evolved, that evolution is a fact, and therefore there is no designer.

3. My mind cannot imagine non-existence, yet for the majority of the 15 billion years the universe has existed, I did not exist.  I only came into being with my body.  Therefore when my body no longer functions, I shall return to the non-existence from which I came.  Only fear made me believe otherwise.

9. profile image52

I believe in the Creator God because He exists.

That would be a very good reason if it were true. smile

10. liftandsoar profile image59

To my fellow believers, there is only one objective reason to believe there is a God.  Jesus rose from the dead!  I Cor.15. To my unbelieving friends, not one of you has address this historical evidence.

There is no historical evidence to even support that the jesus mentioned in the bible ever existed.

1. profile image0

I know. Isn't that fantastic!
        If we could open any book and find material about Christ in it. If there were tomes apleanty proving christ lived and walked and died and rose again and if there were complete worldly evidence of all His mighty works for every eye to see and if there was no way anyone could avoid proof of God.
        Then how would faith work?
        We think we know it all about what happens after this life and how the unknown all operates and we think we understand mysteries and secrets that pertain to different dimensions. I have to work hard not to break into laughter here... because we don't understand any of it.
        How do we know that faith is not an integral ingredient in the other world? How do we dis faith (believing without proof) as not being handy to the max in the afterlife?
        If there were proof then faith would cease to be.
        I am always amazed at how God has everything wired from the beginning to the end. We need everything He wants us to have. Faith and belief without physical proof is very necessary.

11. liftandsoar profile image59

Funny how no one ever questions the life and exploits of Napoleon.  But there's far more reliable documentation on the life and, yes, death and ressurection of Jesus than there is for Napoleon.  I wonder if folks don't grasp the evidence because they don't want to.

Show me some evidence. I can assure you there is none at all. smile

1. liftandsoar profile image59
        liftandsoarposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Others have given ample proof of the resurrection of Christ.  Frank Morisson's Who Moved the Stone was first published in 1930 but remains relevant.  A more recent work will be found at the following URL

http://www.leaderu.com/everystudent/eas … josh2.html

Conjecture from a religionist. Not one single piece of evidence. smile

http://godisimaginary.com/i11.htm

1. profile image0

some exerpts from the link above
            # God has never left any physical evidence of his existence on earth.
            All of existence is Gods handiwork

# None of Jesus' "miracles" left any physical evidence either. (see this page)
            Plenty to those at the time, otherwise, Christianity would never have become popular.

# God has never spoken to modern man, for example by taking over all the television stations and broadcasting a rational message to everyone.
            And if he did would anyone believe it?

# The resurrected Jesus has never appeared to anyone. (see this page)
            Baloney page with asinine assumptions. There are reasons jesus does not appear today. Faith is necessary. People would think him a demon or start some other religion. All christs work was done on the cross.

# The Bible we have is provably incorrect and is obviously the work of primitive men rather than God. (see this page)
            You know i totally reject this wrong idea and all i see are misconceptions sloppily presented and interpreted.

# When we analyze prayer with statistics, we find no evidence that God is "answering prayers." (see this page)
            Odd the people prayed for by my church have huge success with answered prayer including cancer. Prayer has been answered in my life but it is always in accordance with Gods will, not for some survey.

# Huge, amazing atrocities like the Holocaust and AIDS occur without any response from God.
            This is a hubrious statement. How do you know God did not respond? What is the idea of responding, that it didnt happen in the first place? lol.

Totally bias page with completely disgusting angry conclusions, hastily made. You actually read this stuff... You need better reading material.

1. profile image0

and "proof #45 from that repulsive sight is utterly laughable as is 100% of the rest of that sight.
              don't be brainwashed by these sloppy interpretations that are completely unfounded and totally incorrect.

2. A Troubled Man profile image58

In the very short time I've been here, I've read some of most outlandish and preposterous things stated as fact, and they weren't just blurted out, people actually took the time to write them down and post it here.

1. Jonathan Janco profile image61
        Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol  lol  lol

12. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

I do not believe in the existence of God because:

1.  In 2,000 years of rhetoric and searching there has never been even one piece of evidence produced of an omnipotent creature from another universe that created our own universe.

That's all that is needed.  No other reasons are necessary.  Without evidence of some kind even my own ignorance of such things as "where did we come from" or "what is our purpose here" or even "how did the universe come from nothing" is not a reason for belief.

13. profile image52

I believe in the Creator God as he has always existed and I have never found any good argument from the non-believers which would have convinced me otherwise.

I believe in Him very naturally.

I don't insist others to believe in Him if they are not convinced.

1. profile image52

His commandments make us better human beings ethically, morally and spiritually.

1. Evolution Guy profile image58

LOLOL This is why your religion causes so many conflicts. You claim to be better than others. So - you think having sex with children and stoning women to death is morally superior huh? sad

1. profile image52

It is the politicians doing business in the name of religion; without following the core teaching.

Like stoning people to death for adultery? wink

1. profile image0

Indeed stoning people for adultery may seem harsh but this is the typology that the OT people lived with. Applied to the NT stoning represents a rocky road during adultery and a rockier road after the adultery was discovered. I have never heard anyone say, "boy, i sure enjoyed that adulterous affair" after it was over. This sort of action causes much heartache in both parties, grief and wounds deep even to the heart. It is noble indeed, of the one who says no thanks to this situation and despicable of those who partake.
              Again we like to apply our 'civilized' world values to a time of 'uncivilization". Recall how brutal both sides were to each other, Things like burning eyes out without anesthesia, just a hot coal pinched in a set of dirty tongs, rammed into the eyes and probably twisted. Enough deterrent?
              So after a man takes your wife, the words out of your mouth would never be, "i just wanna kill him". smile

1. wilderness profile image96
                wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Indeed those times were an uncivilized period.  Guided by God, with explicit instructions on how to live, the people then were extremely uncivilized by modern standards of morality and ethics.  They were barbaric, to put it mildly.

It is always puzzling to me that as morality and ethics have changed through the millenia into our "modern" version Gods words and instructions on how to live like a barbarian are ignored and forgotten.  The two seem to always go hand in hand, with Gods words changing a few decades after the same change in society. 

Perhaps God changes as well, becoming civilized himself instead of a stone age barbarian?

1. profile image0

Yes those were barbaric times.
                  I think God dealt with people then, and deals with people today as the climate of the time, situation and circumstance (etc) dictates. Strange wording but i hope the point gets through.
                  Jesus came, and things changed... God brought the gentiles into the playing field.. now the gentiles are a big force of people, who do things much differently... the world was becoming civilized and people changed their way of life according to their surroundings and of course the future of the planet became what it is today. I think it fitting that God end sacrifice. Can you imagine if new york alone had to kill animals to the likeness of what israel had too? So along with that other ordinances had to be changed also. Since there was only one temple.. all the world would have to go there, lol.. good for tourism but not practical. just sayin... of course there could be a work around.. like say, oh i dunno "we are the temple of God"... yah, that works. smile
                  I see a sensibility to it all for the above and many other reasons as well.

2. earnestshub profile image80

Speak for yourself.

If you want to believe that baloney fine, just don't project it on others who don't see it as other than self aggrandisement. . smile

1. profile image0

if you want to believe that baloney fine, just don't project it on others who don't see it as other than self aggrandisement. . smile

works both ways  smile

Except it doesn't does it?
            When was the last time I asked you to believe in an invisible impossible fairy? smile

1. profile image0

those are  your words
              properly interpreted:
              you asked me to not believe in a God that exists

14. lone77star profile image72
    lone77starposted 12 years ago

(1) Physical reality. Wow! Some creation. It's a beautiful universe.

(2) Miracles. Seen plenty of them.

(3) Cogito ero sum; dieu en moi (Rene Descartes).

15. BethanRose profile image70
    BethanRoseposted 12 years ago

1. Too many bad things happen in the world, if a God exists he is not doing a good job.

2. There is never any regular experience of anyone seeing a God, it's a belief that is lying to them.

3. He has not helped me and led me where I want to go yet. I believe I'm doing it on my own, who needs a God..

Well said. The only thing god is doing is not doing anything apparently. lol

2. profile image0

Its the bad things that bring people to God. Jesus said how hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God. Another famous saying "you have to real low to look up". How many testimonies are there about people at their lowest point in life, turned about by the power of God in their lives? - a huge amount.
      I experience God everyday, because i have eyes to see - He gave me that. People say there is no right or only one way but salvation is of God and is the right way. The cross of Christ is not to be ignored that's God honoring the son.
      Sorry to hear about your dilemma, but there is not enough info to go on. Salvation is of God.. once you enter into that, the rest is plainly there. It is a gift of God.

16. god and humanity profile image58
    god and humanityposted 12 years ago

I feel that when it comes to God, the first question one should ask is, perception of God. How does one perceive God. In my strong opinion, God is is inside us, in our doings, in our responsibilities, in our duties, in our fellow human beings and finally every where you see and feel.  I wish every one feels this way so that there would not be any pain, physical or psychological.  When, there is no pain, we can see only happiness and joy.  If we enjoy every thing we do in our daily life, we can feel the thrill of life.  I suggest every one to adapt this concept and feel the difference. This is my answer to the forum.

1. profile image0

Yes God wants us to enjoy our lives here. We did not obtain life to merely throw it away. But God does not want us to live life without Him. The life he has planned is way different than what we plan.

17. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

Yeah I saw Hinn curing everything from cancer to bunions, but it was proved to be all bull*hit wasn't it?

You would be hard presses to find any church without lots of "miracle cures"  but every one tested so far has been a fraud hasn't it?

That's called lying to support a belief system that is itself based on lies.

1. profile image0

yep. and those that have researched into this situation know that
      "Matthew 24:24   For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. "

Of course he's a fake. I have no problem saying that, therefore i do not follow him NOR do i let his actions dictate my reactions. It's easy to point the finger and say oh yeah but this person or that person, but in actuality that is neither here nor there. Notice the scripture said, "if it were possible". Being grounded in Christ  is truly a key to a successful christian life.
      We know that people love a good cover, if they are corrupt. Look at advertising on television - do not they all contain some level of deception? Do not the very dictates of the world present fleshly pursuits as gratifying to the soul, short lived as they are, there is always a down side. We see corruption in everything, from the bleaching of toilet paper to the making of mass produced hydro, but don't let nuclear reactors stop you from using hydro. :0)

We agree on a few points here. Hinn is a fraud.
        Advertising aims at the lowest moral denominator such as greed, jealousy, lust to sell it's wares and those such as Coca Cola are experts at this type of manipulation. smile

1. profile image0

yah.. some magazines are a top offender also.
          The human body was made to be attractive but not worshiped or exploited.

True. We even have to get rid of advertising material sometimes with the little ones around.
            Luckily their doctor and optician don't have adult content books in their waiting room, I know some doctors who treat kids have all sorts of trash in the waiting room.
            Little people are curious, but I see no need to educate them on how shallow some adult thinking is. smile

1. profile image0

hehe, reminds me that a woman i know, in qatar - persian gulf - whom received a Cosmopolitan magazine from her daughter here in canada that  when she got the magazine, the censure people had taken a thick black marker and blocked out the bare arms and legs and all the other 'offensive' stuff. The magazine was a horrible mess when they had done 'correcting'  200 or so pages.

lol

and I thought Malaysia and Indonesia was strict! I have never been in the Gulf, but would be interested to see it.

1. profile image0

42C yesterday
                  I think that is too hot, even for me and I am constantly in the sun.
                  43C today.
                  Its probably wise to take ones sheep out at night time smile

How odd. Surely that is what you want in Amerika isn't it? You want God's laws implemented by the state?

This is what happens when you think a god is telling you things into your head. sad

1. profile image0

Well this is odd because where christianity is introduced - women get liberated. Christ says to do none of these legalistic things - to follow christ does not entitle any person to mark out magazines to censure them, what does say to do this is legalism. A set of rituals that supposedly assist individual or corporate holiness - the pharisees had a huge number of rules that often were ridiculous and in the end, did not do what it was intended to do. This is works not faith, and we all know this avenue of thinking does not perform well, in fact it brings the believer into bondage instead of freedom.
                  Muslim/islam, call it what you want, is all about works. God does not need a suicide bomber to assist what God is doing, in fact, God intensely frowns upon this method and God does not want people sitting around marking out magazines to make them appropriate. God does not want jehovah witness knocking on doors uninvited. This is works, it comes from flesh and it works a work contrary to the spirit of Christ.

Gods laws would, in fact, produce a magazine that was initially holy and would indeed contain much different subject matter and the photos would not idolize or exploit the human body but be tastefully done. Deception, of course would not be the aim of advertising content.

18. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 12 years ago

Why i believe in God

3) because there are no contradictions in His Word. God says he does not lie and so i checked into contradictions. Went to some sights and researched their claims. I found every contradiction to be groundless and in this way i discovered Gods word to be true. Now you see why i jump on every contradiction mentioned in hubpages smile

2)  I have had a loveless life, never married, no children, girlfriends 3, the longest 3 yrs. I was never popular as a kid until high school, grade 10 i developed a sense of humor overnight, but still, chose to be an artist instead of pursuing money oriented careers. Parents, english - seen not heard, then when i wanted long hair that created a huge rift. Petty, i know but there were always many strikes against me that i thought were unfair. Out of my whole life i may have had 10 years of happiness. Hit by a bus when i was 2.5 yrs old.. anyway you get the point... These last 2 years have been the happiest of my loveless existence. I do not know love, maybe briefly touched it once or twice i do not know, but, when i was at my lowest Christ showed his love to me and made me understand, not feel love but understand it in a spiritual way.. that i am loved. I am still impressed to this day.

1) I enjoy walking in the spirit. I had a very fleshy life, internet dated for years, lust, ropes, spanking, etc. never satisfied always seeking more. Never a heavy drinker or a cocaine, speed user; smoked pot daily, several grow shows... Now i am content to be different than my former ways. His ways are more exciting and always fulfilling.. He is a mystery how He works inside me, but i am glad he does. A tweak here and there and a new man, all i have to do is ask with sincerety which may take a few times lol, but patience:
    Hebrews 12:1   Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us"
    smile lol - run with patience... what! hahaha..

19. OutWest profile image58
    OutWestposted 12 years ago

There is only one reason I believe.  When I called out to Him, He revealed Himself to me.  As in Amos 4:13 it states:

He who forms the mountains,
       who creates the wind,
       and who reveals his thoughts to mankind,
    who turns dawn to darkness,
       and treads on the heights of the earth—
       the LORD God Almighty is his name.

So I'm not the only one whose experienced this.

1. profile image0

Nice!
      so true

Right on!

20. profile image0
    wongomowaleposted 12 years ago

1. There's no proof God exists
    2. There's millions of gods to pick from
    3. The Abrahamic God is portrayed differently in each of the Abrahamic religions

Ra was reliable, and still rises every day. smile
      I like Zeus myself, now there is a god who knew how to smite! lol

1. profile image0
        wongomowaleposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah and Zeus didn't pretend to be benevolent either. He was an honest tryant. wink

Yep! He had overt hostility down to an art form! lol

1. profile image0

yah and see where that got him. Now nobody believes in zeus.  So i guess if zeus existed.. he's pretty lonely or doin nothin.. probably walking around muttering about all the killings in the bible. smile

21. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

I didn't know that not believing in myths was a religion?

What religion do you have to be to not believe a god made itself, became it's own son then killed itself to atone for the mistakes of it's own creation?

And the small matter of his psychotic killing of all but 8 humans because he didn't like all the others he created either.

I would have thought insanity would be the only prerequisite in buying something as far-outeum as that!

1. profile image0

myth is more your addendum. The actual definition of myth is:
      - a traditional or legendary story, usually concerning some being or hero or event, WITH or without a determinable basis of fact or a natural explanation, especially one that is concerned with deities or demigods and explains some practice, rite, or phenomenon of nature.
      It seems myths have a source now the problem with calling the bible a myth is that you are actually calling the source, a myth. This term of myth is the same brainwashing ingredient that also affects scientists, they look at a thing far distant in the future from its origin and they say, oh look evolution and you say, oh look, a myth. But this is a form of hindsight and hindsight is what, 50-50 at best.

As has been discussed earlier in the very forum and on this very page is the barbarianism of early mankind. We see that God says:
      Genesis 6:5   And GOD SAW that the WICKEDNESS of man was GREAT in the earth, and that EVERY imagination of the thoughts of his HEART was ONLY EVIL CONTINUALLY." Just prior to the flood.
      This is not a congratulatory statement of approval, indeed just the opposite. God sees the heart and the word sees in the Hebrew has the connotation of with an outstretched neck, earnest viewing with anticipation. This is not just a casual scanning there is purpose behind it. With the murder of Abel the lineage of Gods chosen was destroyed, Abel was the good son, the shepherd, the type of Christ. Seth took Abels place but was not Abel and Seths lineage eventually went awry also. From Noah, then came the promises, which manifested in Abraham and continued through until Jesus and then with Christian believers. That's a quick general overview, but good enough for now.

I think your prerequisite of insanity leans more to the side of unbelieving.

22. Geoffry Vickery profile image61
    Geoffry Vickeryposted 12 years ago

You should definitely believe in God.  He sent his only son, Jesus to die for you so you could make it to heaven and not have to kill all your sheep for every little time you do something wrong.  This world is going completely crazy.  People are trying to put ideas out there that God doesn't exist.  But I know he does.  I have felt him in my spirit and his son, watching over me.  All you have to do is believe in Jesus and accept him into your heart and you will be saved.  Jesus is preparing a place for you.  Will you accept his offer?

sad

Nonsense. This is why your religion causes so many fights and conflicts. People like you telling others what they should be doing.

God does not exist. Jesus was not a real person and you have nothing to offer. I do not need saving from the Invisible Super Daddy's wrath. Your delusions do not interest me.

1. Geoffry Vickery profile image61
        Geoffry Vickeryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You serve the devil rather you know it or not.  The devil will use many people, animals, and objects for his wrath.  In Genesis, the devil used a snake to tempt Eve to eat from the forbidden tree.  Now the devil has expanded his use to people like this "Evolution guy" who claims that God doesn't exist.  Well I invite everyone to find God today and it's not what you should do.  It's what you need to do.  God created us all and we owe it to him to believe in him.  If you don't take up your cross and follow him, your soul will burn in the fire after you have died and you will suffer forever.  Imagine that, never ending suffering.  Jesus is the only way out.                (John 14:6) He is the way, the truth, and the life. No man will come unto the father but by him.

More threats from the mythical murderers book of love! lol

1. profile image0

You still on about this?
            Amazing

And you're still denying it which is even more amazing. smile

1. profile image0

actually it is not more amazing.. I have relationship because i do that which i am asked to do.

2. profile image0

Glad you could stop by... have some lemonade

Cousin. I live in a wonderful world filled with people claiming to be better than me who cause constant conflicts as you do. I try to stop it. Of course you enjoyed his nonsensical post. You enjoy telling other people what they need to do to save themselves from The Invisible Super Being's torture.

This is the negativity and fear you spread cousin. You. Keep repeating the same nonsense and I will keep telling you it causes conflict. See how it is you causing it? You.

1. profile image0

A world filled with people who claim to be better than you... well maybe you should up your game.
            You won't stop anything with the lame posts you post. You need some new criteria, some facts, some good piece of new information, something other than just repeating your opinion.

1. profile image0
              Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Now that is a worthy goal. We could actually have an intelligent discussion in this place. I bet, if you went first, that might be possible. The question is, are you up to the challenge?

1. profile image0

always

23. Geoffry Vickery profile image61

I know right arguing with these atheists is almost like arguing with a wall but I'm just trying to spread the word hoping to turn a few towards Jesus.  I can't have people out there talking bad about God and not say anything about it.

Really? Your God is so weak it needs you to fight for it? What a pathetic god.

You sure you are not just here to make the Christians look bad? Because they don't need any help. wink

You have certainly turned me away from Jesus. Thank you.

If you actually knew anything about Jesus, you would know it's not required for you to actually take action. Too bad you were taught by frauds of the church.

1. profile image0

define "take action" please

24. Geoffry Vickery profile image61

I don't need luck when I have God.  Life is not about luck.  And all you do is shut God out.  If you can't feel Jesus, you haven't tried to feel him.  If you truly believe in God, you're not just trying him out.  You believe him forever.  If you get to where you believe in God no matter what that's when you'll feel him and the miracles will start happening.  And I'm not full of myself son.

You surely are full of yourself son. Your lack of humility and need to fight with people who do not believe in your Invisible Super Being is stunning.

Thanks for pushing me away from Jesus though. I appreciate the warning.

25. Geoffry Vickery profile image61

And God is definitely not weak.  He can strike you dead in an instant.  Just don't beg him.  He has a thing about striking people dead who speak ill will towards him.

Yet you feel the need to fight for it? lol

Thank you for pushing me away from Jesus.

1. profile image0

no one can push you away... at any time you are welcomed to do better than any christian you encounter. You know the way and the way you know it is because christians told you of a thing called salvation.

26. Geoffry Vickery profile image61

ok I just read your blog page and saw how much you think about God.  And your little evolution theory is gay. It has no proof whatsoever.  I have proof of God.

LOL You are here to make the Kristians look bad. Right? Tell me you are not. lol lol

Really - they don't need any help. lol

27. Brett Milam profile image58
    Brett Milamposted 12 years ago

I think the question of belief in God is far to grandiose to narrow it down to "believe" or "not believe". Thus, I arrive at the comfortable and noncommittal grounds of agnosticism. That said, an agnostic, such as myself, can still question both sides. I tend to have a propensity towards science, reason and so forth more so than explanations resulting in God. I'll leave it at that.

1. profile image52

It is good to believe in science and reason; belief in the truth of Creator God is not against reason or science.

28. Geoffry Vickery profile image61

yeah and you look bad by saying the same crap over and over again.  You make atheists look bad and most people can't stand atheists.  95% of the world believes in a high being so your the minority biatch. Yeah thats right a christian just said a dirty word. Lord please forgive me.

You are projecting a lot of bad feeling towards non believers. But gee you're stats look bad for religion!

Look at the state the world is in, and according to your lot, you and god run it.

Majority rules ya know.

Proud of yourself and your god are you? lol

1. profile image0

God does run it. Now lets put that into context.
        Look at the OT.. did not israel get sent to babylon as punishment for their sins? yes. Did God promise to redeem them? yes. Did God prophesy of a messiah to come? yes. Did he show up? yes. Did he redeem the world of its sins? yes. Did God them promise that israel would be restored as a nation and did that happen? yes. Does God promise to come back and set up a kingdom for his people which he shall fully redeem. Yes. Has that happened? No. Wanna bet it will happen...
        As mankind follows its own path of self, pride and vanity God continues to work in the background, helping those that believe in Him. As in the OT God had a people and the rest knew Him not. God worked through signs and wonders with his people and this process did not work. The people loved their own lives and the pleasures thereof. But more and more signs did not do the trick so they got less and less signs. When they crossed the jordan the manna stopped.
        Today the majority that rules does not follow God. There may be millions that have a completely different viewpoint of what spirituality is and how to get there; also in the OT. IF we count all the people that are following any form of understanding a higher power, right or wrong, we find the carnal thinkers limited to the physics of this world sliding quickly into the minority. Gods true followers have always been few in number. He really is not a God of numbers but relies on quality. Through the rinse cycle of this world He will get his quality followers and be done with the rest. Is this fair? How can we judge? He put humans on the earth and he will obtain certain results. When the rest are all perished and God has what He wants i am sure God will be pleased.
        Proud of God.. yep.. because all He does He does for his people. Proud of myself .. nope.. because i could give God so much more for what He has done for his people.

Come on - you can't be serious. lol You are just here to make the Christians look bad. 95% and the world's a mess huh? Guess the logical conclusion is - it is the fault of the 95%  lol

1. profile image0

Its actually the fault of the Rockefeller, Bilderbergers, Rothschild.. etc.

3. A Troubled Man profile image58

A very Crusadian style of attack.

Call out the non-believers who don't meet the status quo with alienation and hatred. Follow up with some violent act, like name-calling and then pray forgiveness for smiting thine enemies in the name of god.

I would give that a 9 out of 10 for pre-Dark Ages thinking.

LOL I am certain he is just here to make Christians look bad.

Completely unnecessary. lol

But informative nonetheless.

It's interesting to see how far away from reality a real fundy can get, and who steps in to support them. smile smile

29. Geoffry Vickery profile image61

and your fighting back every time evolution guy so why don't you just shut up. you're basically doing the same thing I am except I am actually talking about something that really exists unlike your lame evolution theory which was though up by some idiot about 30 years ago.  My religion has been around forever. It is and always will be God is Alfa and Omega.  which is a whole lot more than 30 years

1. Brett Milam profile image58
      Brett Milamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Evolution was not created thirty years ago.

Your religion has been around for about 1900 years, sonny boy. lol

Go on - tell me you are here to make the Kristians look bad. Because - really - they don't need your help.

1. profile image0

sound of the buzzer!

4,000 plus

3. profile image0

These atheists think that being a gay  christian is okay but no christian should ever lie or use bad language.
      lol
      So we should really listen to them
      lol

4. profile image0
      Sherlock221bposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh my God, I actually am having great difficulty getting my head around Geoffry Vickery's post.  To suggest that evolution was thought up 30 years ago, when it was Darwin in the 19th century who first proposed the theory, although there were others long before him who believed in some form of evolution.  So, Geoffry obviously knows nothing about history.  This is made even more evident by suggesting that Christianity has been around forever.  What ignorance.  Historical evidece suggests that Jesus was born between 5 an 7 BCE.  It was only after his death that the religion of Christianity began to develop.  How Christianity could have existed before Jesus was even born, makes very little sense.

There also seems to be some misunderstanding of what "theory" means in the fields of science.  A theory is something for which there is a great deal of evidence.  For instance, gravity is referred to as a theory, but just try dropping a brick, and I can assure you that it won't float off into the sky.  Similarly evolution is backed up with a huge amount of evidence.   So although the modern understanding of evolution dates back to Darwin, it should be described as being discovered, rather than thought up, because Darwin's examination of species is what suggested to him that evolution was a force at work in the development of those species.  Evolution did not therefore begin 30 years ago, but billions of years ago.

It is when reading such posts by Christians that it makes me so glad that my mind is not under the influence of such an illogical belief system.  And such people really are not doing their cause much good by displaying such ignorance of history.  Having said that, the more people post such things, the better the argument for the evolutionists, who use evidence and proof, rather than ignorance.  It amazes me, how a Christian can know so little about their own religion, as to suggest it has existed forever.  I suppose then the dinosaurs, hundreds of millions of years ago must have also worshipped Christ.

1. Geoffry Vickery profile image61

I could just come up with a theory saying that mars and venus had sex and then 9 months later, earth popped out. Because thats makes about as much sense as your evolution theory homeboy.

1. profile image0

I've never been called "homeboy" before.  That's great!  It makes me feel young again.

He a nigga? LOLOLOL

That is what it means?
              I knew it would be insulting. smile

1. profile image0

I thought it meant  a boy who still  lives at home.  Just shows how little I know.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
                  Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It still does to us more senior members lol

You be chillin in the crib

2. Geoffry Vickery profile image61

Okay?? Where I come from, we call our closest friends homeboys.  I've never called anybody homeboy as an insult.  It's more like "Hey whatcha doin homebody."  And the other guy is like "Not much homebody what you up to?"

Geoffry Vickery wrote:

I could just come up with a theory saying that mars and venus had sex and then 9 months later, earth popped out. Because thats makes about as much sense as your evolution theory homeboy.

In the context you used it, it was obviously intended as an insult, and why am I not surprised you deny it?

Lying for jesus? lol

5. GrowingDeeper profile image60
      GrowingDeeperposted 12 years ago

3 reasons I believe in God:
      1) The World around me exist

1. GrowingDeeper profile image60
        GrowingDeeperposted 12 years agoin reply to this

2) I exist
        3) I am still existing in spite of the odds
        Those are without even getting into the Bible or "spirituality" or anything else

Interesting post.

Quote- #2) I Exist?

You exist because you were born. It nothing to do with a god, but had to do with your parents granted you the ability to live.

Quote- #3) I Still Exist In Spite of the Odds?

What odds? The odds that you would die are less than you living. Again, nothing to do with a god.

lol

How do you know that our existance has nothing to do with God.  You don't know that any better than someone saying our existance has everything to do with God.

Simple really, no possibility for a single god to exist. wink

What a stupid thing to say.

How I forgot you were the authority on all of that. lol

Why, because it goes against your irrational belief?
                  I'm not an authority and you're little smiley face, show your character for what you truly are. Good show. I've never claimed to be an authority on it, but I do have to say that apparently you lack common sense.

1. A Troubled Man profile image58

It looks like you have claimed to be an authority. lol

I have to agree with you on this one TM. lol

2. profile image52

I agree with you.

2. profile image0

interesting response caggie
            #2) i exist: and not some legless, 3 eyed mutant needing a heart transplant.
            In some cases saved parents, who have followed Gods ways all their lives have raised a healthy child. In todays UNsaved world with so many parents doing all sorts of drugs etc.. we are finding autism is on the rise and who knows what else. It seems all the single moms i have encountered have children with some irregularity. So in these types of instances.. not all... God has played a role, if the parents were Christian and indoctrinated their kids into a clean way of living.
            Parents do not have the ability to give their kids life, as you put it. Some mothers will tell you that to your face, but, happily the majority come out alive, again, this has not happened by the sheer will of the parent alone.

#3) In spite of the odds. "Oh man you were saved from that accident for a reason" is something that UNsaved, UNbelieving people can easily dismiss but this is not something that a Christian will ever deny. And why won't they deny Gods saving grace from an death defying accident?
            Simple really, there is a possiblity for a single God to exist and as jesus said.. "those who have eyes to see.... etc".

Its is really easy to sluff off all that you hear caggie baby, but in order to truly understand, one must spend a little time pondering the possibilities and not just shut the door each and every time because again, true understanding comes from new information greatly received, whenever and at whatever time it comes along.
            Existence is not really a case for believing or not believing in God, but it completely helps to be alive when one does believe lol

Too bad you don't understand that it's already been weighed, evaluated and dismissed as a possibility that a god exists. With all new information coming forth, it continues to work against the ideology that a god actually exists.
              One is alive, regardless of the belief. So, it makes no difference.

Once again, you use the flawed premise that you or anyone else has digested and evaluated all the information available to us in order to dismiss the possibility of gods existing.

It isn't an argument at all, why are you still using it?

1. profile image0

You seem to be reading more into his post than what is there.  At no point does he say anything about all information. He spoke of all new information only. 

You might try a double read of a post before responding, just to make sure you got the point. smile

1. IntimatEvolution profile image68
                    IntimatEvolutionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Here you go again.  Cags is a big boy.  As we all can see he makes his own arguments just fine.  Why you think you are in charge of cottling him today is beyond me.  I imagine Cags can speak for himself and pull up his own britches too without any help from you.  I find your defenses of Cags quite insulting on Cags behalf. 

Emilie what are you trying to say about Cags, really?  I am beginning to suspect you don't think he is bright enough to answer for himself.  I find that insulting.   
                    Maybe it is you who needs to stay on point.wink

1. profile image0

I don't know if you noticed or not, but the silliness ended some time ago.  Are you bored, not having anything to complain about, already?

If so, please look elsewhere. Thanks.

All information, including old and new, is known as knowable knowledge available to humankind.
                  The "argument" is about believing or not, in the existence of a god. All knowable knowledge already presently available, shows enough information to eliminate the possibility of a god existing. Nice to see you're not on top of new information or even old information. smile

Repeating your flawed reasoning does not make it any more valid.

LOL! Who made the decision to eliminate the possibility? YOU?

That deserves a double laugh. lol lol

You really shouldn't be arguing for non-believers, you would make one actually want to start believing based on your nonsense.

Back trolling again. You must be proud of yourself. roll

2. profile image0

that's the problem; without hearing the words and pondering the text you miss the new information.  We are not talking about science here, new information about bible truths. Remember nicodemus, "we know that only a man who does these miracles can come from God". This is what nicodemus knew... then jesus said something new... "Marvel not that i say you must be born from above". Born again is not new to the jews, they have many ways of doing that, barmitzvah, marriage, becoming a rabbi, and yeshiva... but jesus said "from above".
                These are the things one must listen too and ponder in their heart. Not the idiot teachings of science. Not the long distance from earth to stars - which is not long for God at all. But the simple nuances and words of the bible that at some time, light a spark.
                To merely just shut out all other possibilities is missing something wonderful.

6. GrowingDeeper profile image60

I was born, you are correct. If you cannot see the wonder of a Creator in the most complex biological processes known to mankind, i.e birth, you are blind. Seriously think about the level of complex interactions it takes for not only a life to be born but survive and thrive, just to read that sentence even. Really, lay your pride aside and just consider it. Could it be, maybe, possibly ...just ask that question. There is much greater reason to believe that there was a Creator who has kept all things in order up to this point than there are "theories" to disprove such. If you say you have never heard or seen God, you obviously haven't seriously looked around you because He is talking and showing Himself in every facet of nature. Look at the sunrise, the clouds, trees, grass and just ask God is it possible You are real? The resounding answer is yes, He is as real as can be.

And, if you knew the circumstances of my life, you would completely understand #3, so laugh if you will. Not to mention, #4)that I am no longer the person I used to be. And, perhaps if you would have been with me in some of the stupidity that used to be my life, you would say there is a God if you were still alive too.

There is more proof in my 31 year old life for God than there is in the theories of millions of "scientists" lives combined who wish they could disprove the reality of God.

I don't know of any theories that try to disprove a Creator, but when I see a birth, I see an act of nature. If you're seeing anything above and beyond that, you better get your eyes checked.

Whoa dude, are you hearing voices and having hallucinations?

2. profile image52

How right you are? One should thank the Ceator God who has bestowed life to us.

3. Cagsil profile image71

Be in awe, but don't attribute it to something you have in your imagination.
        It's nothing to be impressed about, considering so many people actually accomplish it with the greatest of easy.
        Pride has nothing to do with it. It's been considering and rejected, due to all knowable knowledge available to humankind. It's the gullible, who refuse to learn, that believe.
        That's the point. It isn't possible. It's not logical either.
        Nothing to disprove. Knowledge and wisdom are the primary tools of humankind and when those two things get together then you have answers. There is no wisdom in a belief in a god. It's just stupidity/gullibility of the individual.
        Nature is a by product of Earth's existence. To say it is anything else is conjecture without an supported evidence.
        Not possible.
        Actually, untrue.
        I don't know them and have no need to know them. What happens in your life? Is based on many factors and have nothing to do with an imaginary god you thought up to help yourself.
        Okay.
        I've had just as much stupidity in my life, either by my own actions and other people's actions, to know what you mean. Still, doesn't provide for the possibility of a god.
        You're missing the point that any god you create for yourself, doesn't actually reside in reality itself. It resides in your mind, sure. But, doesn't exist otherwise.

1. profile image0

applause...... That's such a good speech.
          even buddha would disagree with you. lol

7. GrowingDeeper profile image60

Cagsil, Im not going to get into an argument with you. It is obvious we will just have to agree to disagree. But, I pray at some point you will perhaps be willing to reconsider your beliefs.

Reconsider my beliefs? You know, that is what is wrong with believers....they all think that everything other people state is either belief or opinion. And they are the only ones with truth. roll

1. profile image0

But they are YOUR beliefs, are they not?

When have you ever seen me, SAY I am spreading my beliefs(the few that I do have)?

Have you seen me type those words "my beliefs"? No, you have not.

Edit: You assume too much, like usual.

1. profile image0

Do you see a question mark at the end of the sentence?
              But they are YOUR beliefs, are they not?

so its a question, is it not?

and if you say they are not your ideas (like the question wanted you to answer in the first place) then where did you get them?

Correct, you asked a question. Thus, I asked a question in return, considering you are not paying close enough attention to the words used.

It's nice to see you don't pay attention. And, I did answer your question.
                Ideas are not beliefs. roll

8. profile image52

I believe in the Creator God as He exist; and none has proved to me to my satisfaction that He does not exist.

Belief in Him is very natural with me.

There's good reason for that. No one should have to tell what you yourself can figure out on your own, you'd never really learn anything that way. If thinking about it doesn't lead to a conclusion based on logic, then you can just switch that right off and believe in Creator God with all your might instead.

Einstein never actually proved to anyone's satisfaction that relativity works, he just thought it up. Yet, there are still people who believe relativity doesn't work and they walk around talking on cell phones that have GPS.

No one can prove to their satisfaction, either.

9. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 12 years ago

Hubpages definately needs a 'Rant Room'

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not to mention a "runt room," EK.  lol

lol

2. profile image0

Oh.  I thought that was what the Religious forum was for. It certainly seeems that way these days. smile

Really ? maybe you need to get out more wink

1. profile image0

I try, but watching the show here is quite entertaining. It's like romper room on steroids. smile

lol lol lol

1. profile image0

smile

Whatever rocks ya boat I suppose lol

10. jtyler profile image60
      jtylerposted 12 years ago

I didn't read the whole thing here (as it is very extensive), but I did compare these two things:

http://www.leaderu.com/everystudent/eas … josh2.html
      http://godisimaginary.com/i11.htm

The first article offers rational explanations and actual evidence.  The second article says this "The Bible we have is provably incorrect and is obviously the work of primitive men rather than God. "  Then, it offers excerpts from the Bible that are distortions of what's actually written as explanations.

While the first page was accurate, the second page was not.  The second page used logical fallacies while the first used logic.  How can one claim that God does not answer prayers and that he does not respond to disasters?  What would an atheist have to say about John Coltrane's religious epiphany?  He was clearly an intelligent man.

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The first page is bunk as evidenced in this link:

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/ … arade.html

There are many more links concerning this guy's illogical reasoning.

The bible cannot authenticate its own contents any more than another novel can.  There are no known contemporary documents of the life of Jesus Christ nor any other parts of the Bible.  All writers are anonymous.  smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)