For Those Without a Religion. What Made You Walk Away?

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (159 posts)
  1. profile image0
    JeanMeriamposted 14 years ago

Everyone has their own reason why they do not follow any religion. What's yours?

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe seeing my God-faring mother breaking her heart when she lost her 18 year old son in an accident at sea? What kind of God would do that to a good woman? My brother was a great guy too- not one of the layabout types, not into drugs or beating people up.
      After that especially, I had no time for God or church. I continue to lead my life according to the commandments because I was brought up that way and think the 10 commandments are basically good but more and more I think religion is he cause of nearly all the grief and wars in this world - well that and oil!

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

...or women! Troy.big_smile

2. profile image0
        JeanMeriamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry for your family's loss. One of my brother's dies at 3 of luekemia. It never did make sense.

And I can see you living by the 10 commandments. They are just a common sense way to live in society.

2. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I reached the "age-of-reason!"

1. profile image0

3.5.big_smile

2. Obscurely Diverse profile image60
        Obscurely Diverseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

When I first opened the book and said, "Holy sh*t, this is some mentally debilitating crap!"  big_smile

1. profile image0

At 3.5 also?big_smile

1. Obscurely Diverse profile image60

Some of us simply learn quick. Figuring it out at 3.5 years old, is a bit slow, don't ya think?  Ha-ha!

3. profile image53
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't you think the real question to ask is why people follow a religion? Most don't even know.

1. tantrum profile image59
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And all of us know, why we aren't following.
        And that's the difference.

2. profile image0

Now heres the voice of reason, wow.

3. profile image0

Um because there are hundreds of forum posts already stating that answer repeatedly. There are answered prayers, raised that way, realised I was a sinner and gave my life to God, found God in jail, etc. I'm not really that interested in why. I'm interested in why not anymore?

1. profile image53
          (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

The answer will always be the same, people were indoctrinated into their religion and those who left simply started thinking and broke their indoctrination. Simple really. smile

1. profile image0

Thats right! Simple for the simple minded!big_smile

4. skyfire profile image79
      skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Many reasons. More i know about religion and deluded theists more reasons i get for walking away.

1. profile image0

And you took up with liberals and atheists, good choice.sad

5. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sneako.  He is the reason I know that God doesn't exist.

1. profile image0

That is your best thought yet, oh great Ron!big_smile

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60

What kind of a God would create such a grotesquely misshapened figure to be one of his followers?

1. profile image0

Thanks Ronny thats the nicest thing you've ever said to me.big_smile

Don't call me Ronny! mad

You must remember, 'Sneako' is overly sappy in a "challenged" sort of way.  Ha-ha!

1. profile image0

You guys are really nice today is it a holiday?big_smile

2. profile image0

Bite-me.big_smile

6. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

reality

1. qwark profile image60

Concisely and correctly expressed! ...:-)

1. profile image0
          Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile

2. profile image0

We the people of Quack don't need no stinking God!big_smile

2. profile image0

Reality! Reality! We're talking Reality! Not Faith! Reality!big_smile

7. myownworld profile image73
      myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

watching people argue...rip each other apart..and eventually start wars over religion..

8. Tom Cornett profile image79
      Tom Cornettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They quit giving away free Twinkies and the hot girl I wanted to date got pregnant by a choir boy.  smile

9. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Because it's shit!

10. profile image0
      WildIrisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Never had it.  Didn't grow up with it. Don't need it.

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Was bought up with it, indoctrinated by it, then I got older and my brain improved to include the ability to reason. smile

2. tantrum profile image59
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Using the brain.

1. profile image0

Bite me Tantrum!big_smile

lol

3. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

I think that we can have faith without being subjected to the divisions created by denominations.
       Each denomination intentionaly interpretates scripture in order to make theirs "Seem" special. Their truth is the only absolute truth.
       Too many denominations too many interpretations in which   truth is lost.  I don't think that God ever wanted denominations of Religion. And the way in which Religion was established; division was ineviadable.

1. jonathanacosta17 profile image59
      jonathanacosta17posted 14 years agoin reply to this

same here. i follow no creed. but i have faith. and for me, that's enough.

2. profile image0

I agree that you should be able to have that faith without choosing a denomination, but it seems that other people don't allow that. Everyone seems to want everyone else to pick a side so they know if you are safe and one of them or not.

4. Lynda Gary profile image59
    Lynda Garyposted 14 years ago

My reason?  Hypocrisy.  It pushed me away.

And then I started truly learning, studying, analyzing, and understanding. 

My children and I live our lives in a way we believe is fundamentally "good" and "right." 

This is an interesting thread; I've been pre-writing (in my head) a hub about the 10 Commandments and how, if the entire world JUST followed them -- and nothing else -- what a different (better) world it would be.

For those who DO follow a particular religion, "faith" is always going to be the answer for why they do it.  I, too, have faith -- it's just a different kind with a different placement.

1. profile image0

I think the 10 commandments misses too much. Where is the "thou shalt not molest thy children" " thy shalt not beat thy wife" etc.?

1. Lynda Gary profile image59
        Lynda Garyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm so glad you posted, Jean!  I clearly forgot the 10 commandments!  I kept thinking, "The 'no molest' thing or the 'no beating' thing is covered by one of the ten.."  But, you're right; it's not.  In fact, I have somehow in my years since formal religion completely forgotten what the 10 C's actually said.

I take back what I said. LOL.  We need NEW basic rules that cover it all. Like, "Honor your fellow man."  Like, the Golden Rule.  Like, "Unto you shall come the fruit of the seed that you plant; Make sure it's not poison ivy seed!"  Things like that.  wink

5. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Biggest Hypocrisy is forming religious rules (on behalf of god) and then talk about free-will on other hand.

1. profile image0

You're missing the truth. "Free Agency" is your right to choose to believe or not. The rules are guidelines that you choose to follow no one forces anyone to do anything.smile

1. skyfire profile image79

There is no truth in religious way. Religion assumes god's position, views in one view and contradicts by saying god is beyond logic. Free-will if exist then it falls in set of known values that god decides for his creation if he's omnipotent/all-knowing. "All-knowing" destroys the free-will of any of his creation, any action god's loving creation makes then it falls within known set of actions.

1. profile image0

Thats right! Thats why you have a right to choose. When you came to earth you had already acepted his plan or you would not be here. You were put on earth to prove your loyalty or faith without having God stand over top of you. Lets face it it would be easy to believe if you could see God or sit next to him. These are known as estates, first and second. Accept the plan put forth by Jesus and accepted by God first estate, prove your faith without having to see God.smile

1. skyfire profile image79

Yare yare you don't get my reply do you ?

here we go again but this time your way, if i accepted what is plan then there is no free-will in my current actions. And i don't need jesus either cause if i made pre-paid plan with god then no matter what i choose god can divert me to him, it's like rat in maze any choice rat makes end up with one possible road. But is this case here ? No. why should i waste my time on jesus and Christianity if all-loving omnipotent god can rewrite plan for me and divert me ? sorry, if that entity wants me then he don't need me to do anything so accepting and preaching Christianity for him makes no sense. it's just another political-emotional stunt to keep blinded with faith which is not needed.

1. profile image0

Well that was enlightened!big_smile

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Garbage sweetie pie. Your invisible super being does not exist and this "I am right, there is a god, but he gave you free will to deny him," argument is pretty pathetic.

Sad really. Do you ever have any thoughts of your own?

1. profile image0

No never. I'm just a Klucky Kristian Klone.

1. getitrite profile image71
            getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you are implying that you are a member of the KKK, I surely would have no problem believing that.

1. profile image0

No that came from your side, you know, the liberal thinkers.big_smile

1. getitrite profile image71

Thank you for telling me that I'm a liberal, when you know nothing of my politcal affiliations.  I don't consider myself a liberal.  But you just keep on a-klucking!

1. profile image0

So lets see then you want to piss-off both sides! Brilliant!big_smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image59

So  there are no liberal Kristians?

Pretty sure Jeebus would have been classed as a liberal. Hanging out with prostitutes and turning the other cheek. I know you are not a big fan of that sort of stuff though - are you? Turn the other cheek - then it is on.

Yet still you call yourself a Kristian. How does that work exactly?

6. getitrite profile image71
    getitriteposted 14 years ago

I concluded that if I wanted to  live in the 21st century, it would be mindless and backward to follow the laughable and dangerous dogmas of long dead goat herders and savages.  I was around 15 then.

1. profile image0

Ok but lets look at some mindless backward dogmas:

Thou shalt not kill. Well thats stupid!

Thou shall not commint adultry. Well thats stupid too!

Thou shall love thy neighbor. Lets face it we all hate those morons so that is completely stupid!

Thou shall not covent another mans wife. Well we should be able to poke who ever we want to, thats just mean spirited!

Thou shall not steal. Well hell why make some one feel guilty about their life style choices just leave your doors open and put up a sign that says take what you want!

Thou shall not Lie. No body wants the truth it's trivial! Make-up whatever you want!

I left out a couple because if you can't get past these whats the point?

Thou shalt spell check.

1. profile image0

Thanks Ronny I knew we we're friends!smile

2. Mark Knowles profile image59

Sweetie pie - you are missing the point.

You have no authority. Sorry. Your invisible super being does not exist - and LOL - you guys don't actually believe - otherwise you would follow the rules. lol

LOLOLOL

Tell us how many wives means no adultery Mr Mormon.........

1. profile image0

One, buttercup!big_smile

2. profile image0

I agree with you. I remember reading about the popes having orgies in the vatican in ancient times and thinking they obviously did not believe what they were teaching.

3. getitrite profile image71

I got past those.  It's the following that I can't get past.  Could you please explain your bloodthirsty genocidal God?:

If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother, and his blood will be on his own head.

10 “ ‘If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.

11 “ ‘If a man sleeps with his father’s wife, he has dishonored his father. Both the man and the woman must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

12 “ ‘If a man sleeps with his daughter-in-law, both of them must be put to death. What they have done is a perversion; their blood will be on their own heads.

13 “ ‘If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

14 “ ‘If a man marries both a woman and her mother, it is wicked. Both he and they must be burned in the fire, so that no wickedness will be among you.

15 “ ‘If a man has sexual relations with an animal, he must be put to death, and you must kill the animal.

16 “ ‘If a woman approaches an animal to have sexual relations with it, kill both the woman and the animal. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

18 “ ‘If a man lies with a woman during her monthly period and has sexual relations with her, he has exposed the source of her flow, and she has also uncovered it. Both of them must be cut off from their people.

21 “ ‘If a man marries his brother’s wife, it is an act of impurity; he has dishonored his brother. They will be childless.

27 “ ‘A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads.’ ”

9 “ ‘If a priest’s daughter defiles herself by becoming a prostitute, she disgraces her father; she must be burned in the fire.

1. profile image0

Where the hell did you hear that?

7. qwark profile image60
    qwarkposted 14 years ago

Free will? Free will?...
    There is no USE of those words in scripture.
    Ipso facto, the words: "free will" cannot be found in the bible.
    It is naught but presumed.

Qwark:  They have a "free will" to be dictated by domineering, tyrannic, imbecilic a-holes...  Yes-yes; praise be!   Give me your damn money...oops, I mean add to their offering plate...  LOL!

1. profile image0

It's good to see you work together! It's kinda like loving your neighbor!big_smile

Yeah, it is called intelligence versus ignorance.  Ha-ha!

1. profile image0

Well see you're not as confused as you appear to be!big_smile

No, I meant you're ignorant.   Some of us fight against asininity, and split off into factions.
              But, you do seem like a funny, easy-to-get-along-with, insane type of guy.  big_smile

2. profile image0

Wrong again Quack! What caused satan to be castout? What was his plan?smile

Who?

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60

who is satin?

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
          Shadesbreathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Satin was the evil god of false softness, expelled from the textile heavens by Silk, the ONE TRUE LORD.

Wow.  Religion hurts my brain.

I thought 'satin' was like a silk fabric with a glossy surface.  Silky satan? Hmm...

That's YOUR interpretation.

Yeah, lets just be smart and go with Sneako's interpretation.  LOL!

2. Pandoras Box profile image60
                Pandoras Boxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Obscurely Diverse wrote:
                I thought 'satin' was like a silk fabric with a glossy surface.  Silky satan? Hmm...

Ron Montgomery replied:
                That's YOUR interpretation.

lol

2. profile image0

Ok I suck at typing and spelling.smile

3. Shadesbreath profile image77

Yes. And I imagine Mormons will tell you that their beliefs are just standard Christianity with a shiny surface.  Or Jewish people might tell you Christianity is their faith with a shiny surface.  Or Pagans would tell you all of it is their religion with a shiny surface... etc.   smile

1. profile image0

I like you! Is it hard to get around without feet?big_smile

I try not to move anyway.  Movement is at the heart of exercise, which I detest.

Shadesbreath:  they are all full of religious dung, in a glossy, shiny, sh*tty sort of way.  Speaking of shine, their offering plate would shine more if it wasn't always filled with the money from gullible suckers.
                Pagans would do what?  smile

Well, I think saying more risks wandering beyond the utility of my silk/satin metaphor.  But I do recognize the point about the money plates.  Sometimes I simply guffaw at the sheer number and colossal size of the religious complexes that occupy so many corners in so many neighborhoods.  It's a testimony to the insane volume of donations and the significance of "tax exempt" status. Death and fear of death are a racket.

3. profile image0

Good job! I think.big_smile

2. skyfire profile image79

deodorant flavor ?

1. Pandoras Box profile image60

Have you been buying female's hygiene products again? Perverted nonbelievers..

8. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 14 years ago

Reading and history.  The number of religions that have come and gone over the ages is stupefying. Believing a current variant is "true" requires absolute dedication to NOT paying attention to anything that has happened in the past in all societies everywhere.

The existence of some sort of god... hard to say. But religion, bleh.

1. profile image0

See you made a choice!smile

I'm not totally sure what you're saying there. If you call not randomly selecting one of thousands of current iterations of religion a "choice," I suppose you are right.  I'd call that the absence of a choice, but why get into semantics. Otherwise, I have no idea what you're getting at.  smile

1. profile image0

You have the right to choose and ,you have, thats God plan!smile

I am certain that's how you see it.  smile

2. profile image0

I wonder if that's why there are so many religions. A few people started thinking their religion was stupid and created one that seemed more true to them, but had just not worked their way quite to the point of having no religion.

I imagine that that describes a lot of it.  Some of it is more politically motivated; rearranging doctrine to suit political aims.  Some to suit sexual aims.  Some to suit all kinds of desires the people in power have that are in conflict with the present rule set.  The examples from history are beyond plentiful for all of that and more.

9. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

By the way is there any option for choosing half-side of gods and halfof demons, i mean we've free will right ? or god gives only three options : yes | no | restart ?

1. profile image0

Your choice is your choice! Pick what suits you!big_smile

10. Steve 3.0 profile image63
    Steve 3.0posted 14 years ago

My family were very religious but I never really understood it.  There are too many simple questions that don't have an answer.  Why does God make some people suffer so much while others that commit terrible crimes live a luxurious life?  Why is your religion so dependent on where you were born?  Evangelical Christians would probably be Muslims if they were born in Iran.  There are lots of contradictions in the bible, why don't Christians see that?  There are also parts that don't look truthful, like Pilate releasing Barabbas and washing his hands of the decision to crucify Jesus.  That never made any sense to me, the Romans were barbaric and didn't release people like that.  It was convenient to clear the Romans of the blame for killing Jesus and make it look like the Jews wanted it.  I just can't believe that story.

Even if the bible made sense to me, there are lots of Christians that I admire and respect but there are some that have treated my family so badly, they have put me off religion completely.

1. profile image0

I'm sorry to hear that.

2. bodhitree profile image60
      bodhitreeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

the question of pilate releasing barabbas and then washing his hands is an interesting one.
      if you see at as propoganda
      the gospells were written during a time when the christians were looking for benifactors... so to take the blame off of the romans and to place the blame on the jews for the crucifiction, the story of pilate was created.
      After all, no roman became a govenor of a province with a serious bloody minded streak which could be used to subjugate an unwilling populace.

11. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

My wife and son think I'm a moron and I shouldn't bother you people! If fact everytime my wife comes in the office she says leave those poor people alone, go figure.big_smile

1. profile image0
      Kathryn LJposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You can bother me any time sneaky, you crack me up and if your a moron then I shouldn't be let out of doors on my own, ever.

1. profile image0

Thanks! Actually they both have a great sense of humor and they know mine. I'm here for fun thats what scares them!big_smile

2. profile image0

Oh everyone thinks their husband is a moron once in a while.

1. profile image0

I know thats really weird.big_smile

12. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Hey I love you guys, everyone of you! I'll see'ya around!smile

13. mikelong profile image59
    mikelongposted 14 years ago

I am a spiritual person....I do feel a connection with the natural world around me that transcends my physical condition as a human...

Yet, I have long ago done away with the religious dogmas that I see many people still struggling to deal with....

I have thrown away the religious constructions of humans because I am tired of liars and frauds who take advantage of those too weak, ingnorant, or otherwise to stand up for themselves....

@ mikelong:   Ditto...

2. profile image52
      WTD89posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mikelong - Since retirement, with time to think, common sense tells me It's pretty obvious that the human mind is fundamentally prone to the generation of illusions. Everyone is infected with an imaginative 'spiritual' tendency, sentimentally induced, that is 'merely' the natural wonderment of our existence & surroundings.

Unrealistic beliefs, a cause of so much mayhem & mortality of past & present, are all very basic Man-made creations - devious proclamations of a false & tedious nature, incessantly filling shallow minds with absurd religious dogma.

Unease can result in the mind having a very distorted & tormented view of one's situation with an urge to look skywards for help. To form a valid judgement on 'figmentary' Gods & 'Heavenly' matters, a reasonably healthy state of mind is essential.

Nearing the end of a long life, not without bother, the need to rely on any absurd 'Belief' has never really entered my consciousness.

It's all too apparent that religious 'Faiths' are pure HUMBUG, blessed with existence by Impostors & their largely naive followers.

A prime source of amusement!

14. profile image0
    JeanMeriamposted 14 years ago

Well going through my google news feed today I found this

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/ma … cre-babies

This has to stop. It's insane. I am so glad I live in the country I live in.

In what country do you live ?

you have to ask yourself, who's behind these massacres? Who's selling armament ?
      I hope your country is not.

1. profile image0

Well I hope not too. But they are using whatever they have on hand to kill each other with it seems. Angry insane people have their hate for a weapon.
        I am in Canada.

Well I don't think Canada has anything to do with it ! smile

1. profile image0

No probably not. But maybe if we sent them some Timmy's and Molson they would calm down a little.

15. mikelong profile image59
    mikelongposted 14 years ago

Well WDT, I'd rather be self-amused than following someone elses delusion....and I'll keep my money in my accounts, where it belongs...

16. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I have no religion. I was born into a catholic family. I even participated in the indoctrination process and completed the classes. I did so, looking for answers to questions I had, for which, my mother and father had no answers for.

At 22 years old, I began deep doctrine testing and after 15+ years of research...the questions I had for my life were answered.

Religion didn't answer the questions, the conclusive testing of the doctrine taught me, that religion was a hoax/anti-life.

Hence, the "GOD" concept is also a hoax. Hence, my understanding.

I have no belief about a "GOD" or a belief of anti-religion.

The terms "faith", "belief", and "GOD" are manipulated words, so as to create a different perceived understanding, construed so as to usurp power and wealth, on the efforts of others.

It sounds like you found the truth within yourself; good job!  "Self-truth" and/or "Self-philosophy" provided your own personal clarity.  wink

1. profile image0

......and selfish!big_smile

I hope so...  smile

1. Cagsil profile image69
            Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nope. Not selfish. I am self-interest. It is the improvement of myself, on all levels.

I was just entertaining Sneako with his selfish gesture, as he is beyond repair due to his hillbilly ways.  Ha-ha!

2. Cagsil profile image69

Not even close. smile

17. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

It seems to me that the anti religion people out number the Religionists.
        Many Theists are joined together with Atheists on this issue.  If Theists could come up with ONE uninterpreted version of their faith that all could agree upon, and live acordingly, the world would be a more peaceful place to live.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59

Well - after 4,000 years of not doing so - don't you think we should say ... "Hmmmmm, that didn't work."

Or are you prepared to pretend it never happened under the banner of "they were not real kristians"?

1. profile image0

C'mon oh great and wonderful OZ! You're the other option thats whyI stay in church!big_smile

18. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

It's little things like the muslims and christians hacking each other to death because they disagree with which psychotic god is right.

19. profile image0
    Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years ago

Well, I was born into a Christian family, but really only attended church for the free food after services (My mother and father didn't like to feed us on weekends, so my brother and I would go to church).

When I got old enough to understand the services, I was also in a youth shelter. Christianity started to scare me because... Well, I was in a high security youth shelter. I thought I was going to Hell. Then I was introduced to Wicca. Then I was pretty much going between being a Wiccan and an Atheist for a few years until I was re-introduced to the Craft. So... I guess I didn't really leave religion, just found a different religion that didn't make me feel like every damn thing I did or had happen in my life was leading me down a direct path to Hell.

20. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.

True! smile

2. Pandoras Box profile image60

Well put.

21. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

It's in the book! smile

22. qwark profile image60
    qwarkposted 14 years ago

One of the major reasons I gave up my christian leanings was when my buddies set me up in "boys town" in villa Acuna mexico with a gorgeous little Mexican girl.
    She trampled the power of my religious beliefs into absolute lust!
    I quit christianity, pushed jesus aside and became a lover of another sort!
    The power of lust is inexplicably overpowering!
    I learned not to fight it. To fight it was an act of futility!
    Life is good! hallalujahhh! Amen and amen....:-)

1. profile image0

Oh! So you're an adulterer!big_smile

1. qwark profile image60

Nope!
        A kid of 23 doing time in the USAF.young and dumb and .....you know the rest...lol :-)

2. earnestshub profile image80

How so? smile

1. profile image0

I'm just being a pest as usual, how you doing?smile

I am so good I may have to go outside and give myself a good stoning just to feel as sad as the rest of you poor buggers! lol

1. profile image0

Allright now just calm down!big_smile

lol lol CALM DOWN??????????????? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                The sun is shining, my kids are all happy, even the fat pussycat is happy, how good can it get?

I say, just enjoy it. smile

And I was so looking forward to the self stoning! smile

2. profile image0

Remember your age!big_smile

lol lol I spend all my time trying to forget it sneak!

2. qwark profile image60

Earn:
          lol I don't know why I responded to....
          I promised myself not to stoop to that level of idiocy.
          My BAD!

1. profile image0

Qwark if you feel that way we don't have to adress each other ever again. Have good life.

3. qwark profile image60

Earn:
          What time is it there?
          What part of Australia are you in?

Melbourne. Are there other places in Australia? lol
            It is almost 3pm on Tuesday here. smile
            Melbourne in case you don't know is down the bottom near Tasmania, just before you fall off the edge of the planet if you are Taliban. smile

lol lol

2. qwark profile image60

I thought so.
              Oh yeh I know where Melbourne is.
              One of our great oldtime movies stars was born in Tasmania: Errol Flynn.
              My sister was an entertainer on the cruise ships. She used to pull in there several times a year.
              Sneak: NP I'm sure yer a nice guy, but I cant put up with your meaningless comments. No, I'm sure we wont address each other again....:-)
              Ok Earn it's 10:04 here in Texas...i'm gonna watch sme TV.
              G'nite...:-)

Goodnight then, I may see you on the morrow Qwark smile

23. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

FRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEDDDDOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!

Religion is an idiots pursuit, each to their own, but idiot nonetheless!

lol So I guess selling you my old bibles is out of the question? lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)