jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (25 posts)

There is no hell

1. thirdmillenium profile image72
    thirdmilleniumposted 6 years ago

There can not be. God is not cruel to keep you burning in hell for a Millennium. The idea of hell was perpetrated by irreligious bigots hiding in the garb of being pious. If God can torture sinners, billions of them, that makes him a bigger sinner.

I am a firm believer in Jesus and that he is benevolent to every Tom, Dick, Harry and .............Mark big_smile  lol

1. Jaggedfrost profile image87
      Jaggedfrostposted 6 years ago in reply to this

May I postulate that God doesn't send anyone to hell but could it be considered possible that there needs to be a place for people to go where they don't have to face those who know what they did in life and run and hide from their doings?  People on earth take drugs to forget.  I doubt in the here after that escapism is that simple.

2. 61
      gabrielmurphiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Deleted

thirdmilleniumposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hey , you have hijacked the the thread to sell tea.
        Oh, never mind, I like tea

3. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 6 years ago in reply to this

"Another day ,good morning hell,
      What lessons for today i cannot tell."

4. getitrite profile image80
      getitriteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good conclusion on hell, however, I see no reason to believe in a heaven either, for the same reason.

I couldn't imagine non-stop worshipping of some psychotic despot eternally.  That, too, is hell.

2. TruthDebater profile image59
    TruthDebaterposted 6 years ago

How do you have proof no hell exists, but have no proof your God exists?

3. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

Dante's playground? nah! but it exists, I'm here now in it.

Dante had an active imagination.  I don't know many who have had near death experiences who claim to have changed their lives due to a vision of the eternal torment that would be waiting for them if they didn't who could actually corroborate anything let alone everything that Dante saw.

1. 0
        Kathryn LJposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Some claim to have had bad experiences but that just sounds like guilt.  Near death experiences of atheists are more interesting.  My dad, a confirmed atheist had such an experience and saw a beautiful woman in a red sari, who smiled and took away his physical pain.  After his recovery, this experienced fascinated him, especially as he had been brought up C of E and new nothing of the orient.  When he was really dying, his dead sister turned up (according to him,) and he went off happily into that good night still professing to be an atheist.  Never been able to work it out but it seems appropriate some how to me.

4. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

i know none

5. alternate poet profile image78
    alternate poetposted 6 years ago

Hell is what is past the bottom of the bottle - in our own mind

Yeah, I suppose if you get drunk enough just about everything starts to torment you. Maybe that was Dante's problem and not any sort of dark theophany http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/theophany at all.  Either way,  physics points to light and darkness existing in two extremes in all things.  Where there is one it exists somewhere in purity and in intensity. Where the other exists the same is true.  Everything in between happens in graduations according to the intensity of light or darkness the celestial body prefers I cant imagine the afterlife being any more complicated then that.

6. aka-dj profile image79
    aka-djposted 6 years ago

We humans are such a loving, caring and just people. We are tolerant of all things, judge no-one. Do not accept absolutes and believe every man has rights. We would never be so cruel as to send innocent "victims" to prison for ANY reason whatsoever!!
    Just ask those who are incarcerated. Most of them will tell you they were decent people, and did nothing to deserving of such cruel inhumane punishment.

7. Alota profile image61
    Alotaposted 6 years ago

I drank two bottles of cheap Red last night, believe me there is a Hell

8. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 6 years ago

There must be a hell. It's where evil people who torture children, old people, and animals go.

1. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 6 years ago in reply to this

They come here.

9. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 6 years ago

It exists, I live there now....

1. Lisa HW profile image82
      Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Same here.  I just can't figure out what I did to get sent here.   mad

Sent where?

1. LeanMan profile image81
          LeanManposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hell.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. SilentReed profile image90
    SilentReedposted 6 years ago

Hell is a state of mind. It's called matrimony. :-)

11. skyfire profile image71
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

There is no hell, but there are staunch Christians, Mormons and islamics oh wait theists.  neutral

12. 0
    klarawieckposted 6 years ago

Hell, in my opinion, is a state of mind. You can have millions, be surrounded by all types of luxuries and still be the most miserable person in the world. Or, you could be a poor starving musician, like me, be surrounded by people I love and love me in return, and be a happy camper. I'm in heaven!

I envy you, Klaraweick. I can understand tnat love is heaven

1. 0
        klarawieckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Think positive, be kind to everyone and heaven will come to you.

working