Is hell fire burning today are there people in it today?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (78 posts)
  1. profile image52
    haj3396posted 13 years ago

NO!!!!!!!!!
    Revelation 20:14
    And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. done let religion make you run from God. God is real and the devil is real. All of these wrong at that you see done by so call religions are act of the Devil.

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
      schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

idon't understand-
      the second death is

well the 1st death is when you die and go to heaven or helll (perhaps purgatory then heaven) but,,

The second death is AFTER the 2nd coming of Christ where all people alive or dead will come before God as the final judgement. The dead will be ressurcted and all will go (with thier human body AND soul) into heaven or hell forever--fianlly.  This will cause more joy or pain to each person depending.

This is the 2nd death.

There is hell fire now............and yes people are in hell now.

1. profile image52
        haj3396posted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Bible done teach that people is burning in hell today are anytime.

2. hanging out profile image60
        hanging outposted 13 years agoin reply to this

the second death is just that, death.. the first death is physical or death of life in the flesh... our death. The second death is the death of the spirit or that part judged by God NOT worthy of eternal life.
        There are two deaths. One we experience here on this earth and the other when God is finished judging the inhabitants of the earth.
        There is nothing in hell today. Hell is supposed to be for those judged but nobody is judged yet. Hell is empty.
        The bible done not teach hell has people in it.

1. Beelzedad profile image59
          Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And, you've been there to see this?

lol

1. hanging out profile image60

psssssssst... its in the bible that i bought at disneyland. I looked for you and you were not there, obviously you forgot to pray for a ticket again.

3. inversicolor profile image59
        inversicolorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The forum poster mentioning the second death gave the passage information:
        Revelation 20:14
        to "understand", I would recommend reading this passage.

4. profile image0
        Deborah Sextonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

2. Paraglider profile image87
      Paragliderposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No. What is happening today is that cholera is spreading like wildfire in Haiti.
      Meanwhile millions of people are throwing stones at a monolith representing the devil or sacrificing animals in memory of a creature so low he was prepared to sacrifice his own son.
      It's time to grow up.

1. hanging out profile image60

1 Corinthians 1:18   For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

not so low now is it
        lol

1. Paraglider profile image87

You are laughing at me from the smugness of a 'saved' position, when all I was saying is that it is better to help the needy than to look after your own imaginary afterlife.

You are a fool.

2. profile image0

_______
          Paul again?

2. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Totally agree with you Paraglider. smile

So do I wink

1. earnestshub profile image80
            earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

3. CMHypno profile image83
        CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agree with you Paraglider - the only hell is the ones we humans seem to be able to create for millions of our fellow humans right here on earth. Why can't we concentrate on ensuring that every person on the planet has as pleasant and as purposeful life as possible in the here and now, and let any life after death take care of itself.

Too much energy is expended by people worrying about hell,heaven,what happens when they die, which could more usefully be channeled into creating a happier, more loving and more creative life for themselves and their loved ones

1. tonymac04 profile image71
          tonymac04posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agree with you, and with Paraglider. Time to grow up and accept responsibility for all the dreadful things happening in the world and do something to change them. A large proportion of the dreadful things are done by people with religious agendas - stoning "adulterers" to death, mutilating girl children, killing "infidels", bombing "terrorists" etc!
          We create hell here - no need for it after death!

4. livelonger profile image86
        livelongerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who's sacrificing animals?

It is part of the hajj. Here's a web description:

“Kurban-Bairam is a great Islamic festival. When it comes, people should, first of all, put on their best clean clothes and pray solemnly. It is advisable to buy some new clothes for the festival. People must go to mosques and pray to the Almighty together. After the prayer, it is allowed to buy sacrificial animals, like sheep, two-year-old cows, bulls or camels. They should be sacrificed to the Almighty and the meat should be divided into three parts: one for your family, one for your friends and one for the poor.”

The history of Kurban-Bairam goes back to the Old Testament legend about Prophet Abraham, who became Ibrahim in the Muslim tradition. According to this legend, the Almighty decided to test his prophet’s loyalty and ordered him to sacrifice his son. Abraham-Ibrahim could not disobey the Creator and decided to kill his only and much-loved child. Only at the last moment, seeing Abraham’s humble obedience, did the Almighty replace the child with a lamb. In memory of that event,   Muslims must make a sacrifice and help the needy when celebrating Kurban-Bairam.

1. livelonger profile image86
            livelongerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Interesting. Thanks for the info. At least the sacrificed animals are used for food.

Ironically, in Judaism, human sacrifice was forbidden by the time of the Torah, and animal sacrifice stopped at the destruction of the second temple in Jerusalem, about 2000 years ago...all well before Islam even began.

Yes. At first, it seems almost ok, as the animals are used for food and bred for the purpose. However, the spectacle of hundreds of 'amateurs' attempting to bleed an animal to death by cutting its throat is not edifying.

3. QudsiaP1 profile image61
      QudsiaP1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

The hell fires burns, yes that is true, however none of the souls are in hell or heaven as of yet.

The reason for it is because, the day of judgment has not yet arrived. At the moment all souls lie between Heaven and hell.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
        Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mainly hell

4. mejje profile image60
      mejjeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yes there are people already in hell; hell is simply a temporary  prison; the lake of fire is the final doom of sinners.

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

haj...you sure are talkin' a lot about hell and the devil this mornin'...somethin' wrong?

later.....gater!

....I have some fires to light!

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...am goin' to see a slice of heaven this a.m.....and maybe hook up with the devil later tonight!

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
        schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

2. profile image52
        haj3396posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hope not, how can I help you?

3. Paul Wingert profile image59
    Paul Wingertposted 13 years ago

Going to hell doesn't bother me one bit! I've been married once so there's nothing in hell that would surprise or scare me!

1. kesinee profile image72
      kesineeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Looooll Do you really feel like that.

1. kesinee profile image72
        kesineeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You have to try!!

4. hanging out profile image60
    hanging outposted 13 years ago

Everyday is a good day for those in Christ Jesus

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4117641.jpg

but not those in ali gator

smile

What a bunch of beurocrock

God rules life, you break those laws, you pay by the gates of hell and they are locked on the inside. Only way to avoid being sent to hell, is by believing in Jesus alone for salvation. Most of the world population gays, Jews, all other religious faiths are doomed with express tickets to hell, fine free will that is. There is no where in the Bible that explain how many get to go to heaven, other than 144,000 sealed, I have been to a few Christian websites the only other answer is salvation, What...? Salvation of the 144,000.
      The Bible warns about hell in over 162 references in the NT alone. The Bible is filled with over 2,000 discussions on money (or finances, etc. “He spoke about money and possessions more than heaven and hell combined. Imagine family, friends and loving circle will be sending eternity being torture in HELL. Hell WORST CONCEPT EVER

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
        Disappearingheadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cool photo of hell

Its a fair amount to read, I'll do it later.

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
            Disappearingheadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cool, Hell? Not until hell freezes over. smile

Disappearinghead

I support your kinder approach to Satan and Christianity. I believe in more kindness in the world than more Politic and Religion.

Christian fundamentals found their power has gone well hand and hand along with capitalism and fear has work for them for so long. The fundamentalist will continue often and loud, it will loose it power and belief.

People’s collective conscious will concur fears; already people are more spiritually rather than more religious and all will slowly moving toward a spiritual age

2. profile image0

Where did you learn this?

The bible dose says (which most Christian follows) only through the salvation of Jesus you will make it to Heaven.

Not a good idea but who wrote and accepted the book for most to read.

1. profile image0

--------------------------
            Are you positive that's what it says?

I don't know how many ways, it can be said

Acts 4:12 (NIV)
              12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” (John 14:6)

Romans 6:23 (NIV)
              Jesus Christ is the Only Way to God the Father and Heaven ... of eternal salvation through His death on the cross, then you will die in your sins and go '

I am the way and the truth and the life' (John 14:6)?"

“Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4:12)

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life, he who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die.” (John 11:25)

Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.” (John 8:12

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of “He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.” (John 3:36)

God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord
              “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.” (John 5:24)

Would Live models And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world. Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.” (1 John 4:14)with

3. profile image0

Still the only salvation sealed written, since every word is truth.

2. Jerami profile image58
          Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How would you say that  Daniel 12:1 connects with the prophesy of the 12,000 of each of the 12 tribes?

5. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 13 years ago

But he was speaking of the Father, and not of himself.

John 8:28
    Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things

John 12:49
    For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak

John 12:50
    And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak

Deborah

Most Christian believe it’s only through Jesus they can be saved. (Salvation)
      Regardless, Only through Jesus or his Father you will be given salvation
      My God is better than your God, so all of you will be sent to hell. 

Mainly the 3% Christian that go to church have the best chance to go to heaven

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” (John 14:6)
      Romans 6:23 (NIV)
      Jesus Christ is the Only Way to God the Father and Heaven ... of eternal salvation through His death on the cross, then you will die in your sins and go '
      I am the way and the truth and the life' (John 14:6)?"
      Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life, he who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die.” (John 11:25)
      For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of “He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.” (John 3:36)

1. profile image0

What Paul said doesn't count.

Either way, most of the world is demonic to Christians, a reflection of oneself

2. Jesus-Saves profile image58
          Jesus-Savesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Deborah, I can see you are trying to separate the will of the Father from the will of His Son Jesus, as though they have separate purposes. Jesus said, "I and the Father are one". They have one goal, one purpose, and one mission. The Son is the spokes-person of the GodHead.

I also see you are trying to divide the scriptures. You say that the writings of Paul do not count, and yet Christ Himself chose Paul as the Apostle to the Gentiles (us). To reject the writings of Paul, is to reject Christ who sent him.
          The scriptures cannot be broken. Everything in the Bible is inspired by one Spirit.

Regarding salvation, the Bible is clear. Jesus said:
          "And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil." John 3:19
          God is fair. He will judge everyone based on the light they have received. It is when we hear the light and reject it that we are lost. If you live in the mountains and the only light of truth you know is 'you should not kill', then you wil be judged based on how you respond to that one truth. But the bottom line is this, all who will go to heaven will go because of what Jesus has done for the world, wheather they know him or not.

God Bless

6. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

There's no earthly way of knowing
    Which direction we are going
    There's no knowing where we're rowing
    Or which way the river's flowing
    Is it raining?
    Is it snowing?
    Is a hurricane a-blowing?
    Not a speck of light is showing
    So the danger must be growing
    Are the fires of hell a-glowing?
    Is the grisly reaper mowing?
    Yes, the danger must be growing
    'Cause the rowers keep on rowing
    And they're certainly not showing
    Any signs that they are slowing!

7. Susana S profile image95
    Susana Sposted 13 years ago

Nice one Kirsten - that's one of my fav movies smile

1. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It felt appropriate big_smile

8. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 13 years ago

Hell is the grave and I haven't seen one on fire yet.
    Just those who are cremated

May I ask a Christian about Judgment Day

End of the world, can I repent the last minute?
      If a seven headed, horned red dragon, came down burning everyone and everything up. This would and totally convince me that Jesus and his Father were right.

Can I repent with all my heart the very last minute and be ensuring it will send me heaven?

1. Jerami profile image58

As Grandpa would answer that Question ?......?
                          IF

IF  YOU     went out to the Tomato patch ,   and picked a tomato ?  do you care how long it took to get ripe ?????

Jerami

If the Gardener can’t control his own weeds of his own tomato patch. Why dose he burn the whole lot of them because a few rotten one? If the Gardener the riches Gardener in the Universe. Why is he always a poor manager of money an always jealous of the other 1000s gardens and their gardeners? What wrong of being your own gardener and do it better in the first? Why is this one Gardener always angry of all other gardeners and wants to destroy gardens and Gardeners everywhere?

Did the gardner burn the tomato patch   (Oooh )
                    OR

Did he just harvest it?

You did'nt get the memo, he going to destory the whole Game of life.

God is very picky about his seeds he picks, what he likes and keeps.

Nobody has a clue.

Well I hope a crow don't pick a hole on any part of this tomato/APPLE   Ssoooos I gets ta go to market.

don't wanna go tA the other place ....     tha cannery

Jerami, i was intrigued by your statement. Here is my answer:

The Gardener of the universe owns the universe. And since He owns the universe, He has the right to do as He pleases in it. And His pleasuer is that all beings that live in His universe should be holy. Those other gardeners you are talking about are all subject to this Great Master Gardener because He created them also. So they either repent and willingly choose to be a part of His garden and live holy lives, or He will cut them off (death) from His garden (universe).
            But this Gardener is an all-mercifull Gardener, so He will not destroy them before giving them time to repent. This includes those weeds that claim to be a part of His garden.

Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Jesus-Saves ...  I am agreeing with you ;  the comment you are responding to wasn't mine but a post Castlepaloma made concerning a post that I had made.

Yes, the garden belongs to the gardener and yes he sometimes does burn the entire garden to enrich the soil and to eleminate all of the seeds left behind by the weeds.

And then the field is re-seeded with good seeds.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
                A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Gee, you make it sound so nice. Those are human beings you're talking about, not seeds. Burning and eliminating human beings doesn't sound so nice, does it?

Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well ...  there are always two sides to every story.

"IF" we believe in a life after this life; then death is but a door way.                                                    Not such a bad thing.
                     Like any thing else  ....  We are either prepared for the task or, we are not.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
                    A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, there is the side of the story in which we talk about human beings as if they were... well, human beings, then there is the side of the story where we talk about human beings as if they were seeds to be burned and eliminated.

Deborah, i agree with you here. When the Bible talks about hell in certain passages, it is referring to the grave. There is no hell burning right now. Yes the wicked will be destroyed by fire when the Lord comes, but they will not burn forever, rather the fire will consume them away.

This misconception by many christians that "hell is burning now and that sinners will burn forever" is what as led many people to reject the christian faith. But if you take the Bible as it is then you will surely be drawn to the religion of Jesus Christ, for it is indeed good news from God to mankind.

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Luk 16:23  And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Luk 16:24  And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Tha man was tormented in the flame and was not consumed.  The fire does burn and it does not end.

1. Evolution Guy profile image60
          Evolution Guyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

More love from the Super Daddy? lol

2. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So you have never read the OT then? smile

Paragliderposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Or Mark 9:43 to 9:48
          Not only unquenched fire but immortal worms

9. IntimatEvolution profile image68
    IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years ago

You all should really check out Disappearinghead's Evolution of the Devil hubs.  They're fantastic! 

Here's a link to part 2, http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Evolution-of-Satan-Part-2

10. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

The fires of Hell is not a place for the unrighteous man !!

The fires of hell are for the unrighteous  OF  man !

I wish everyone could read?    LOL

The fires of hell are symbolic for the unrighteous"ness"   of mankind being forever being destroyed.

Not mankind itself.  At least that's my opinion.

11. Beelzedad profile image59
    Beelzedadposted 13 years ago

What's really funny is that all those believers throughout the centuries who believed they would get to heaven are simply dead and haven't the ability to come back to life to let other believers know their is no heaven, hell or anything else. smile

12. profile image0
    Rare Jewelposted 13 years ago

Simple and short answer, NO.

13. profile image0
    Sherlock221bposted 12 years ago

If there are hell fires burning, it is within the human mind.  The need to suffer seems a part of many people's thinking, even though logically, people should be doing all they can to avoid suffering.  The idea of hell is not one which is consistent with the idea of a loving father.  I mean would any human father find enjoyment from watching their children suffer the eternal agonies of hell, rubbing their hands in glee, as they watch their children's flesh burn.  This is not only illogical, but in not biblical.  The idea was developed by the mediaeval church in an attempt to keep the masses under control, as well as making money.  It was possible in mediaeval Europe to pay your way out of hell.  Obviously the more money someone had, the less chance there was of them going to hell.  That this idea still has control over the human mind in the 21st century says more about human nature than about God's.

14. Paul Wingert profile image59
    Paul Wingertposted 12 years ago

Satan. Burn in Hell. All boogieman stories to scare people straight. The story goes where Satan wants to over run Heaven. If there are so many people in hell throughout the ages, you'd think by now Satan would have more than enough manpower to conquer Heaven many times over.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)