will the ever be peace on earth?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (19 posts)
  1. iceangel profile image60
    iceangelposted 13 years ago

Why are there so many problems in our world today?does this mean that the world will never see peace?

please i need your opinions...

1. pennyofheaven profile image79
      pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If peace were to permeate consciousness of all there could possibly be peace overall within the hearts and minds of people, therefore in the world. Problems are not all that occur in the world. There is much good and peace already. Unfortunately it is not talked about a lot by the media because it doesn't sell.

2. profile image53
    NY-Injury-Lawyerposted 13 years ago

There will always be bad people to disrupt peace.

3. simeonvisser profile image70
    simeonvisserposted 13 years ago

When everyone's needs are met, there will be mostly peace.. but that'll take a long time.

4. iceangel profile image60
    iceangelposted 13 years ago

I think the world will see peace only when our lord jesus comes.Do you belief that?

1. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

no...jesus came and went ...world remained same..it is faith which makes u talk like that and there is nothing wrong in it but if u view history of man kind...we always have had war going on , somewhere on the planet...there were many who came , influenced and went away but at core we came from jungle and were hunters...we still have that code...to have permanent peace , we need to evolve to level where the core code doesnot need to get activated...

5. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

as long as spiders eat flies and snakes eat mice, as politicians eat my money, no.

6. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

Conflict and trouble are as much a part of life as death itself. This seems to me like asking when will lions become vegetarians. Why let the nature of things ruin your ability to enjoy your life now? Life is full of good and bad. How can you have the good without the bad? How can you feel pleasure if you have no knowledge of pain? How can up exist without down? How can the future exist without the past? Why ask for a lesser world? With less depth and dimension? The world is wonderful as it is, warts and all!

wow kirsten...you are deeper as thinker ...hmmm...thought provoking words...

1. kirstenblog profile image79
        kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why thank you smile
        I am just stubborn really. I want to enjoy my life and am stubborn about it lol
        It is my life after all, if I place the burden of responsibility on others, as individuals or as groups (societies) I am not very likely to have a happy life. Giving someone else responsibility for your happiness (or spirituality or gained wisdom or whatever you can think of really) is the first step to deep disappointment.

quiet right...actually i think we tend to wait that some day , some one might come from somewhere and set things right...thats why superman sells and thats why god is being awaited...

1. kirstenblog profile image79
            kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well you know what they say
            God helps those who help themselves wink big_smile

7. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Howdy, Charlie! Merry Christmas!

I think man in his present form is inherently territorial, somewhat greedy, and often selfish. We'll have to evolve more for world peace to be a possibility. With God's help, it can be achieved.

if we as human race wait for god's help it would be wait for ever...it took 0.2 million years for us to reach to current level...even if god is real , HE is too slow to help...may be we should forget about god and work as human community to achieve it...

2. profile image0
      ralwusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Merry Christmas Holle. God wipes his ass with us humans anymore. No help from there. Monkeys may be the answer. tongue

8. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Time means nothing to God. Are you a meliorist?

but it means a lot for human and if god can take eternity to help , who needs that help...humans have come from jungle to present state using their brain and can surely figure out how to live in peace with others when it figures out need of doing so...god never helped any species...if he did we wont have had so many species getting extinct...so it is for us as species to figure things out...if god is real , he can create alternative of humans...why should he care but for humans we have two options...work for peace themselves or wait for help which wont come and if it does , it wont be much of use ,when it comes...going as per track record of god...oldest religion 5k years old...humans since 0.2 million years...

1. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The earliest evidence of religion is from the Middle Paleolithic Period, which is a little older than 5,000 years. It began some 300,000 years ago.

oh...i was talking about presently surviving religion....but does that change god's unwillingness to help or fact that it is human's action which creates result than god's assistance...if we look for some god , some day from some where...instead of we have to do it...i think it is wrong hope...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)