Do you believe in a creator? and how was the world created?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (49 posts)
  1. Jefacity profile image58
    Jefacityposted 13 years ago

Everything in this entire world was created by something. No matter what belief you hold it seems the world is created. For those of you who believe in the big bang or the theological god said let there be light. Creating stars and planets, moons and galaxies. Over billions of years the process went forth.

Whether you believe evolution created us or gods hand, why do you each criticize each others beliefs in an invisible force permeating our existence?

Nothing on this Earth was not created by something else. Man is a creator as well. You and I help co-create this world.

If everything in life is created, which it seemingly is, tell me is it more rational to believe in a higher intelligent being doing it or just some random hibbity jibbity forces?

1. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol Love the reference: 'hibbity jibbity forces'

2. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Are you implying that a drop of water that coalesced out of multiple molecules of steam was "created"?  In the strictest sense of the word that would be true, but in no way is it necessary that there was a "creator" that did it.  Instead, the random hibbity jibbity forces you disdain were the cause - that you do not wish to study and understand these "random" "forces" in no way causes them to be less relevant or indicates that a postulated God existing in a postulated universe with postulated powers was the cause.

3. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...of course there's a "creator!"
      "Its" name is Serendipity!
      How the hell "It" created all this, beats the hell outa me.
      I think everyone else is stumped too.
      Qwark

2. profile image0
    just_curiousposted 13 years ago

This is a mystery. You've, quite eloquently, made a statement in support of creationism. That usually brings a bevy of comments. The only one you get is a complement on creating a new term? Very odd.

I just want to tell you, I think it would benefit us all if we worked under the assumption that there was no 'creation'. That tends to inhibit the search for any interesting answers. Everybody argues over every simple piece of information we uncover. I mean, really. Who cares why? How is the better question.

I like to listen to people talk spirituality; it's like icing on the cake. But science has always been the meat and potatoes that sustains us; and gives us the ability to discuss questions like yours in comfort; and the knowledge we need to keep us somewhat grounded, since we sometimes tend to stray too far from the reality of our limitations of finding the answer to your question.

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have to disagree with you.  To me the OP has said, using different words, "I don't understand how such a process could work in the physical world, so I will make believe a fantasy creature did it all".

No matter how many of our ignorant, sheephearder ancestors believed in such a fantasy, there is no reason to make up such a story except "I don't understand".  The fact that these beliefs have been passed down for millenium doesn't matter - they are still based on "I don't understand the world".

The OP's comment on 'hibbity jibbity forces' is a case in point and very illustrative - he doesn't understand these forces so makes fun of them and makes up his own ideas instead of learning about the 'hibbity jibbity forces' in a real effort to understand.  It doesn't work.

1. profile image0
        just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, whether I agree with the OP or not, I can complement him on his presentation.

2. Jefacity profile image58
        Jefacityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i never said i believed either of them are true. i merely just raised a question for discussion. it's just interesting to think about it.

2. Jefacity profile image58

yea to me it's a rather pointless question. neither side can prove the other wrong and no one really knows the real answer. its just speculation backed by partial "evidence". it's interesting but a waste of time.

The only person/force/thingy in the world i've ever held responsible as a creator is myself. Sure there's plenty of forces out of my control but what we as human beings are able to do is pretty darn amazing.

3. profile image0
    jomineposted 13 years ago

Yes, all belief in creation is just that "belief",irrespective of whether it is religion or bigbang, but untenable rationally and logically.
    All we can say is "existence exist".

1. profile image0

Bet you can't say that ten times real fast and make it sound like something coherent.

1. profile image0
        jomineposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm not trying to play children's games!!

1. profile image0

That's where you are wrong. Existence exists. A rather simplistic explanation. I'm glad we don't stop trying to figure it all out and take that for an answer. We could teach that explanation to a two year old.

1. profile image0

All we know is the things which we see exists............ rest are all opinions or explanations.
            All non contradictory explanations are possibilities, but not that it happened like that only. Creation is an explanation, but is contradictory.

1. profile image0

I am perfectly comfortable with agreeing that we have arrived at no answer that adequately explains what we observe.  But the pat answer of 'existence exists' sounds like a Popeye approach to science.

I am what I am.  It is what it is. Existence exists.

It's inane.

1. profile image0

Well i said that is the only thing we can say for sure.
                Rest are all opinions, conjectures or explanations!

2. Beelzedad profile image58
          Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Then, it is even more frightening to know that you're actually serious. smile

1. profile image0

So you are going to 'prove' creation?
            Welcome!

4. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Do you believe in a creator? and how was the world created?

Yes I believe very naturally that the Creator-God Allah YHWH does exsit.

[7:55] Surely, your Lord is Allah Who created the heavens and the earth in six periods; then He settled Himself on the Throne. He makes the night cover the day, which pursues it swiftly. And He created the sun and the moon and the stars, all made subservient by His command. Verily, His is the creation and the command. Blessed is Allah, the Lord of the worlds.
    [7:56] Call upon your Lord in humility and in secret. Surely, He does not love the transgressors.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=54

Everything started evolving with the commandment from the Creator-God the words "be" and it came into being in millions of years; it will stop evolving on His commandment "not to be" as per the blue print made by Him.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hogwash! Your inability to distinguish fact from myth is the main game here.

1. profile image51
        SEEKER OF TRUTH57posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Earnest,please go change the spark plug in your go-cart.Tackle something that you are knowledgable and qualified to do please.

As usual, nothing useful or sensible to add, so just make personal attacks.

Your incapacity to see more than one dimension in people and religion is obvious.

I owned many businesses including restaurants and an international consultancy where I got paid 1.6k a day for my ignorance. I don't need to change spark plugs, you need to change tack.

Grow up!

1. profile image51
            paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Happy to learn that you are a successful businessman.

What do you do with so much money? Sorry, to ask a personal question; please don't answer if you don't like to tell. I wish you more success in you business.

I share it with those who created it, my friends employees and family, give to charity and people in the street.

Money is nothing more than a commodity, the best use of it is to share it.

1. profile image51
                paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is good to share.

2. aka-dj profile image65
                aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Would they be Christian charities? hmm

Yes, some are. smile

1. aka-dj profile image65
                    aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I will give you a thumbs up on that one. smile

2. profile image51

Please relieve us and do something useful with your life besides deriding us with your superflous, ignorant  and inane pretense of wisdom.

Not worthy of reply, but I will say one thing. I think you are a sad little person who thinks he speaks for others when he is alone, even ignored by his peers here who can't quite hide their embarrassment at being on the same team.

1. profile image51

I`ve noticed you only have three or four little friends. Put your foot in your own big mouth.

1. profile image51

I will not be like you and shy away from the gosple of Christ.

2. earnestshub profile image80

One hub, and how many followers? You are right though, I do only have a few close friends, I'm fussy like that. I bet you have many many friends.
                  I only have a measly 1253 followers here myself, some of them friends from my own city, others from all over the world. They follow me because they feel sorry for me not having a god and all. smile

Unlike your good self, I actually write here as opposed to scamming every religious thread on the planet to flog my myth. smile

I also have friendships with my employees that go back 30 years, and keep in touch with those I consulted to as well.

When you get it wrong it stands out like dogs dangley bits! lol lol lol

1. profile image51

He that putteth his hand to the plow and looketh back is not worthy to enter the kingdom of God. Digest that my former christian. There was an unfaithful disciple and his name was Judas.

5. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

Hmmph!!  Everyone knows the world was created through the Laws of Logic (at minimum, anyway) and everyone also knows that Logic doesn't happen by accident!

1. profile image51

Well srated Rafini.

2. profile image51

I meant to say, well stated Rafini.

1. Rafini profile image82
        Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile smile big_smile

3. Jefacity profile image58

the universe does have a logic to it; however strange and quirky it gets

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)