jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Is it possible to be a true Christian if...

1. 0
    Chasukposted 4 years ago

you believe that the Resurrection was metaphorical?

1. f_hruz profile image76
      f_hruzposted 4 years ago in reply to this

sure is ... you just have to have a personal relationship with John Smith ....

2. HarperDavis profile image75
      HarperDavisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No. It's one of the doctrinal tenets of the faith.

3. Chris Neal profile image83
      Chris Nealposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No. It's not quite that cut-and-dried, of course. It's possible to believe in God, even believe in the existence of a man named Jesus and that He was the Messiah. But the literal, physical Resurrection of our Lord is explicitly spelled out in hte Gospels and Paul explicitly taught it.

The Gnostics taught something called Docetism, which basically means that although Jesus looked like He had a physical body, that matter is inherently evil and God would NEVER stoop to taking a physical body. Many of them call themselves Christian, but the Resurrection of the dead in geneeral and Jesus in particular is so integral to the faith that the two beliefs are incompatible.

2. Billjordan profile image62
    Billjordanposted 4 years ago

yes it's possible to be a true christian have a personal relationship with God believe and the lord Jesus Christ spend time praying and mediating give to those in need and continually seek to please God and love mankind.

3. 60
    JBunceposted 4 years ago

I personally believe it is.

4. peeples profile image88
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

This depends on which Christian you ask. My husband is a Christian and doesn't believe many parts of the bible in the translation given. He is still by far one of the best Christians I have ever met!

5. Disappearinghead profile image87
    Disappearingheadposted 4 years ago

No I don't think so. It's a core tenet that Jesus gave himself as a sacrifice, and without a resurection there is no hope of a future resurection.

1. Chris Neal profile image83
      Chris Nealposted 4 years ago in reply to this

6. Paul Wingert profile image80
    Paul Wingertposted 4 years ago

You can believe that insurrection is metaphorical if you like. Asking 10 differnt people will give you 10 different answers. The truth is nobody knows or will ever know.

1. rdcast profile image78
      rdcastposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Give it your all and don't waste any time doing it.

God's will toward mortal man, is to offer him a means to take on His Holy Spirit and righteousness, washed clean of all sin, by the sacrificed blood of Christ, the Son of God. This, so man may be adopted by God the Father and brought into His Kingdom.