jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

What's Your Tattoo And What Does It Mean?

1. thelyricwriter profile image50
    thelyricwriterposted 2 years ago

Tattoos have become a part of our lives and a large percentage of men and women have at least one tattoo. Do you have a tattoo that is meaningful to you? What kind of tattoo is it. What does your tattoo mean to you?

I have a few tattoos but the tattoo that means the most to me is my cross tattoo. My cross tattoo is a Celtic cross, it has the name of my son and daughter. This tattoo means a lot to me. It represents my bond, my life, everything important in my life. My love for them is eternal, we love our children unconditionally. There's no greater tattoo to me.

So now I ask you, what does your tattoo mean and represent?

1. bethperry profile image89
      bethperryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I have one tattoo, it is Odin's wolf Frikki. I love wolves, and when I look at it I am reminded that Odin is watching over me.

1. tsmog profile image85
        tsmogposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I love the Poetic Edda and the characters and characterizations it shares. I think a wise choice as the wolves of Odin provided him with nourishment. Also I am a fan of wolves too. They simply are cool smile

1. bethperry profile image89
          bethperryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

2. tsmog profile image85
      tsmogposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Not yet, but I have scars. I have a desire to use a scar on my back as the scheme for a tattoo. The scar is from a Posterolateral thoracotomy. Technical BS for a scar that runs from mid-back at the side upward and curved to just below the shoulder as far in as the nape of the neck.

Anyway I can see an Eastern Dragon upon the scar as if the scar was a ledge of a mountain. Eastern Dragons represent power, immorality, activity, and good fortune. There are differences between Eastern Dragons with cultures and regions/nationality, yet common is their physiology - quantity of scales related to ying and yang. Also, there are nine types. I lean toward three of those now - celestial, spiritual, and the yellow dragon, which is of knowledge. I ponder how to meld all three.

Also, include both a pearl - power to ascend to the heavens and bones - healing powers. Those elements for designing a dragon would for me have meaning for my life as well as that operation as a life experience temporal and spiritual. It was a mystical experience for me. I ponder illustrating the cliff side of the scar as opening like a wound of sorts revealing the inner person. How I am not sure yet. A bright light emerging most likely from the mountain opening up. Certainly not depictions of rib bones or some such. Or, maybe so . . . I dun'no. Any ideas?

An Eastern Dragon contrasts most Western Dragons and their meanings - Devils, evil, cold-blooded, and usually are enemies. They breath fire - judgment and destruction and are usually depicted with bat like wings. Even those that were chosen for symbolic reasons of might for a land of people or a kingdom those dragons were not necessarily protectors of all. They did devour and hopefully the lands enemies.

The reason I have not done it is designing it, determining the cost (probably not cheap), and could I handle the pain of the process LOL . . .

3. Alastar Packer profile image84
      Alastar Packerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Best reasons of all to have them, Ricky my friend.  Got one of a 4-leaf clover because I've only found one and it was for a special person. Btw, saw your YouTube reply and will answer today. Hope all is super-well with you and family.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 months ago

I have no tattoos.

...which means I'm a weenie who's terrified of needles and blood.