jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (16 posts)

Pen Vs Keyboard

1. breathing profile image81
    breathingposted 5 years ago

Which one you use to write your article or something like that? And you prefer pen or keyboard?

1. R.S. Hutchinson profile image84
      R.S. Hutchinsonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Keyboard.. much faster.

2. Rehana Stormme profile image91
      Rehana Stormmeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Definitely prefer keyboard.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I use a pen to write down notes when i am researching, then i write it on the computer.

3. Haunty profile image84
    Hauntyposted 5 years ago

Most of the time it's the keyboard, but I write much better when I use a pen.

4. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

Mostly keyboard but sometimes pen and note book or even the back of an old envelope.

1. Sally's Trove profile image99
      Sally's Troveposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ditto...and I have yet to find some efficient filing system that will hold those off-the-cuff thoughts written on envelopes, paper napkins, facial tissue, and even the backs of seed packets (just depends on what's handy).

5. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

I'm an otherwise right-handed person who is left-handed when I write; so although I can certainly use a pen, there's some kind of little thing that goes on that makes me focus more on the mechanics of writing than on just letting the thoughts come out if I use a pen.  I don't even know how other left-handed people hold their pen the way they do, because I hold mine like a right-handed person (which feels right but probably doesn't help with the mechanics of the whole business  hmm).

Oddly, I'm more comfortable writing mirror image; but since the whole left to right thing is so ingrained in me, there's something "off" about trying to write that way too.  (Well, I know know...  It's just plain weird.  lol)  All else aside, I have to make a real effort to make my handwriting neat (and I'll never make it pretty).  So all in all, it's just an unpleasant and ugly affair for me to write by hand.  smile

Now, the typewriter:  100 wpm, thoughts straight from brain to keyboard.  It's almost as fast for me to write as to have an in-person discussion.  So,

keyboard, keyboard, keyboard.   Thank God for keyboards!!   smile

6. emievil profile image85
    emievilposted 5 years ago

definitely keyboard as I type faster than I write smile

7. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

the keyboard for sure...

8. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

It depends what I'm writing. I'm not a huge fan of sitting at a keyboard, so I sometimes write first, and use the keyboard when complete.

Sally, my filing system for the odd napkins and envelopes, etc. is a huge paper clip on my desk!  If it's a poem, I'll keep the original in my 'poetry box.'

9. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

I've looked at using the speak to type programs such as Dragon..anyone else try this?
    It's saves the fingers from over use..wink

10. sweetzara profile image84
    sweetzaraposted 5 years ago

keyboard all the way. so easy to cut past etc. but something I love writing the traditional way!

11. blessingsforlife profile image61
    blessingsforlifeposted 5 years ago

Keyboard...its much faster.

12. drspaniel profile image84
    drspanielposted 5 years ago

I prefer pen to keyboard in the sense of writing with ease, but then ?I do prefer keyboard when it comes to how neat the writing is!

13. Zabbella profile image76
    Zabbellaposted 5 years ago

I always enjoy writing things on paper.  So I always have some pen near me.  on the fly, I can jot things down possibly to use in a hub.