jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What are good dog breeds for couch potatoes? What dog breeds needs the least exe

1. Linda Bliss profile image92
    Linda Blissposted 6 years ago

What are good dog breeds for couch potatoes? What dog breeds needs the least exercise? yikes)

2. wetnosedogs profile image60
    wetnosedogsposted 6 years ago

My male dog is chow and australian shepherd mix. He is a definite couch potatoe. He is very laid back and is not lazy but doesn't seem to require much exercise. He is more content to lay in the sun, but even more so on the couch. But that's him, I wouldn't say it's the breed. The breed for least exercise has me stumped.

3. profile image55
    shorty72posted 6 years ago

I don't think there is a breed of dog that needs the least excercise because all dogs like to run , play and walk when they get the chance. From the smallest to the largest but any breed can just lay around if they want it is up to there owner I think and how active they are.

4. DIYmyOmy profile image72
    DIYmyOmyposted 6 years ago

For sheer laziness,it's hard to top English Bulldogs. Avoid terriers, retrievers and other hunting breeds as all need lots of exercise to be happy. Please check with shelters and rescue organizations before you buy a dog, however, as there are millions of sweet, loving dogs out there *right now* in desperate need of a good home, and many are low exercise guys and girls!

5. mistyhorizon2003 profile image95
    mistyhorizon2003posted 6 years ago

If you are looking for a dog that won't need much exercise and will be a gentle, loving and loyal companion, then you should seriously consider a Greyhound. This article will probably surprise you when you realise just how lazy Greyhounds actually are. read more

6. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

My daughter has an English Mastiff who is the biggest couch potato - literally.  You take him out to "go" and when he is done he runs for the back door to get inside and heads for the couch.  What a character!  Not sure if this is characteristic of the breed.