jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How to draw characters

1. HubPages profile image
    HubPagesposted 8 years ago

How to draw characters

2. Ben Zoltak profile image86
    Ben Zoltakposted 8 years ago

This is a basic introduction to drawing characters. I've included three sample drawing charts each with four steps to allow you to see how the marks have been made.  Before I begin to break down various marks you'll need to acquire some basic... read more

3. Amez profile image72
    Amezposted 8 years ago

A new Drawing by my Son John. Drawn by Pencil John Balestrino My Sons John Latest Drawing in Pencil John Balestrino I have been drawing since I was a young boy off and on; I believe I started drawing forts and hidden chambers, under castles. Then I... read more

4. profile image45
    MartinUsmcposted 8 years ago

You took the first and most important step already by asking this question and wanting to draw. Drawing is a skill and can be learned like any other skill. Sure talent is a helpful thing but I believe everyone has the talent to draw. If the first attemnts don't look exactly like what you had in mind that's perfectly alright. No one ever was born a perfect cartoonist or drawing artist. Besides your drawing is without question a work of art. You created it out of nothing and there isn't anything quite like in the entire world.

5. DeathStroke profile image39
    DeathStrokeposted 7 years ago

Drawing characters may seem simple, but when it boils down to it you've got to know what your doing.(Ok, maybe not really, but still have some drawing sense) Your craftsmanship must be accurate, you must have perceptive eyes and know how to draw based on everyday life. Maybe start with yourself in the mirror? Those are a few things to consider, but all talk and no show makes me a dull boy. So later I shall upload a photo of a character I drew. I am a art major, so yeah.