jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Tell us about an event that made you wish you had a camera.

1. NateSean profile image74
    NateSeanposted 7 years ago

Tell us about an event that made you wish you had a camera.

For example, once while walking home I saw a hawk land on someone's lawn. As I got closer I realized it had a pigeon crushed beneath it's claws and I though, wow. I have seen hawks take down prey before, but this was a magical moment and if I only had my camera I'd be a Youtube celebrity. Tell us about one of your Wish-I-Had-a-Camera moments.

2. paboussie profile image57
    paboussieposted 7 years ago

I always carry a camera so that is never a problem, especially when I see my favorite Great Blue Heron around the corner or urban jungle scene.  As for a video camera:  I saw a couple jump out of their car and start dancing on the sidewalk to some world music blaring from the car's CD player so I really wish I could have recorded that on a digital card!

3. fototop profile image60
    fototopposted 7 years ago

Once while fishing in the dense fog two swans landed in a couple of feet from my boat...

4. silverlungs profile image60
    silverlungsposted 7 years ago

I always wish I carried my camera, I think I may start. There's so many times I've gone to myself "Damn, if only I had my camera with me" - so I may take that as a sign to start carrying it everywhere so I can capture almost everything.

5. tinyfirefly profile image55
    tinyfireflyposted 7 years ago

I wish I had a camera when I was with my best friends, because we haven't seen each other for a long time. I also wish I had a camera in Spring, for I love flowers so much!

6. profile image0
    Lynn S. Murphyposted 7 years ago

I agree with paboussie. I always have my camera with me. Whether I get the shot - well that's the $64 question. LOL!. I love photography, I am a total amatuer and occasionally I get lucky.

7. Toby Simon profile image36
    Toby Simonposted 7 years ago

I was in a mall last year doing my Christmas shopping together with my wife. Then suddenly Power Ranger mascots came out from a toy store. I completely regret that I am not bringing my camera or even my camera phone. And too bad my wife didn't bring hers either. My son loves them!!

8. danmit profile image75
    danmitposted 7 years ago

I live in Russia so I see something strange everyday. Today every phone seems to have a photo camera, yet I don't. Some examples of times I wish I had a camera: I saw a guy sleeping in the snow a couple of years ago in -15 degree weather. Also, I saw an icicle that was about 2.5 feet long hanging from a rooftop. Not to mention clothes with English writing that's either funny because it's wrong (incorrect english) or wrong (like something you'd never wear in the states. A shirt with a smiling fireball with the words "I'll set your xxxx on fire" where xxx= a part of the female body.

9. james_foreclosure profile image51
    james_foreclosureposted 7 years ago

yesterday when i was running. i saw this incredible tree that was all knotted without any branches -- it almost looked like something from a scary movie -- i wanted to take a picture but had no camera.

10. rishisab profile image55
    rishisabposted 7 years ago

A few months ago, when i was walking down to my apartment, I noticed a beautiful cloud formation in the sky but I didn't have my camera at that time.

working