jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (17 posts)

what is your favorite piece of artwork?

1. jj0466 profile image60
    jj0466posted 6 years ago

Once and awhile I like to look at art. I suppose it began when I took an art history class in 2008. I especially Michelangelo's work, therefore, my favorite would be Michelangelo's Pieta. What is your favorite work and why?

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5539969_f248.jpg

1. Haunty profile image86
      Hauntyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

This is a very powerful piece. It's hard to imagine what Mary felt at the moment of seeing her son crucified and maybe holding him like this thereafter. She had to give birth to a son only to watch him perish in such a hideous way later, which was btw predestined.

She must have felt used. Ultimately, it's not a poor woman's job to be consumed and invaded and spat out so that some self-righteous god may have his way. The ultimate betrayal is to be betrayed by one's god.

Sorry to make it about religion this time, but Pietá is a religious piece.

jj0466posted 6 years agoin reply to this

That is one of the reasons why I like this piece, because of the religious aspect.

2. Edna and Earl profile image70
    Edna and Earlposted 6 years ago

http://www.redbubble.com/people/carriep … 77214-inks

"Ralph the Purple Monster", makes me laugh everytime

haha, thanks for including the picture...it was funny

3. Carlon Michelle profile image72
    Carlon Michelleposted 6 years ago

I like folk art particularly that of Thomas Kincaide.  His cottages are beatuful.  He did one of a house in California that to this day makes me look at it in wonderment each time I run accross it.

I agree, he does some nice work...have you seen some of the coffee mugs he designed? That is how I first heard of him.

4. sarasotadui profile image60
    sarasotaduiposted 6 years ago

I like anything associated to art. Everything we see around us is a work of art. It just depends on how we see, perceive and process that object. Seeing an artwork is relative. Meaning what one says it is an art may not be an art to another.

Appreciating an artwork is seeing the light despite the dark. big_smile

5. jj0466 profile image60
    jj0466posted 6 years ago

interesting saying at the end of your post. I suppose that is true, even nature itself can be art.

1. sarasotadui profile image60
      sarasotaduiposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thank you! I must agree that an art is not only the paintings, sculptures, architectures, drawings, etc. but an art can also be anything that is associated to beauty and attraction.    big_smile

6. Steven Jay profile image59
    Steven Jayposted 6 years ago

Any painting by George Wesley Bellows.

7. Greek One profile image76
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

Jessica Alba

8. leahlefler profile image100
    leahleflerposted 6 years ago

Mary Cassatt (though I love most of the impressionists, I think she is my favorite).

I don't think that I have heard of her...I will look her up.

9. profile image47
    yakovvencelposted 5 years ago

George Wesley Bellows was my first love..., He is an American realist painter known for his bold depictions of urban life in New York City becoming according to the Columbus Museum of Art the most acclaimed American artist of his generation.

Here I am posting one of my favorite..

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5844527_f248.jpg

George Wesley Bellows

10. profile image0
    melafxposted 5 years ago

my favourite it's "Frozen" of Dirk Dzimirsky
    Here's a pic of his work:

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5844595_f248.jpg

11. kids-toy-box profile image79
    kids-toy-boxposted 5 years ago

'Frozen' looks amazing! my most favorite is Leonardo Da Vinci Portraits- if I had to pick one it would be the Lady with the Ermine

working