jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you know how to change a flat tire?

1. Rosie2010 profile image75
    Rosie2010posted 7 years ago

Do you know how to change a flat tire?

2. izoooom profile image58
    izoooomposted 7 years ago
  3. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

Is this a serious question?
    Most cars come with a car manual that will tell you how to do this.

You need a car jack and most all cars come with one.  Locate the car jack hole on some cars... there is a specific place to put the jack that comes with the car.  Sometimes it's on the side of the car, otherwise there will be a fairly obvious flat spot (or bump that exactly fits the jack that came with the car) on the axle.  Be sure the emergency brake is on before jacking up the car.

Remove the hub cap if there is one.  Then use the wrench tool to remove the nuts from the wheel.  Turn counter clockwise on most wheels.  They may be stuck but will come off with a bit of work.

Remove the wheel, put on a fresh on, and put the nuts back on then lower the car.  Don't over tighten the nuts.  You're done. 

A faster solution:  ask a guy to do it.

4. imatellmuva profile image78
    imatellmuvaposted 7 years ago

ABSOLUTELY...I grew up as the only female of five children, so I know how to do a lot of guy stuff. Changing a flat tire is guy stuff to many females, but shouldn't be.

It really isnt difficult, and yes Butch News it is a serious question. I don't think Rosie2010 was asking how to change a tire, but asking if people knew how. Believe it or not, many people don't know how to change a tire, males included, and the average person doesn't have the manual available at the time the tire needs changing, especially if you have an old car or used car, it may not have a manual.
    Thanks for posting the question Rosie, and thanks Butch News for the step-by-step instructions....people are going to appreciate you for that!

5. Chris Simiriglia profile image60
    Chris Simirigliaposted 7 years ago

I think that I could if I needed to.  I've been "taught" and have watched it done.  However, I choose not to.  If I need a tire changed, I will gladly call someone and pay for the service.  I reserve the right to be a girly girl on this one... lol.

6. Rob Hanlon profile image60
    Rob Hanlonposted 7 years ago

Changing a flat tyre might seem straightforward if it is on a 'flat' surface ~ don't change a tyre on an incline or loose road surface. The jack could come out of the jacking point or sink into the ground and this can result in a serious accident.