jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Does anyone know what it means to "air drum" on a cell phone?

1. The Examiner-1 profile image75
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

Does anyone know what it means to "air drum" on a cell phone?

I hear a commercial about "not texting while driving" safety club, and they are asking all members "Do you air drum?"

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image96
    Phyllis Doyleposted 3 years ago

The only thing I can think of is pretending to play drums in the air  while listening to music. Just as bad as texting while driving.

The Examiner-1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Phyllis, I never thought of that. Though now that I think about it, you would be able to do that with the car radio too.

3. Randall Guinn profile image78
    Randall Guinnposted 3 years ago

Some of the new phones have motion sensors built in for air drumming. If they were not so small they would probably have toasters built in as well.

Thanks Randall, I do not have an up-to-date phone and have never seen those.

4. tirelesstraveler profile image81
    tirelesstravelerposted 3 years ago

Neither the 25 or nor 22 year old here at the moment know what it means to air drum. 
    The 25 year old has the i phone 6.  Maybe she just doesn't know about the motion sensor.

I am older than that. lol I guess that you are lucky.
      If they find it, better hope they do not use it while driving.

5. rosevillaruz profile image82
    rosevillaruzposted 3 years ago

I know that air drumming is not something confined to those who study music. Rather, it’s that exhilirating moment when you hear a song that you know so perfectly and love so much that you can actually beat out every intricacy of the groove note-perfect, on pretty much anything. Common sites for air drumming include the steering wheel/side door of one’s car, friend/lover’s backs, your knees, your chest, a wall and an unfortunate computer keyboard. Of course, you can actually hit nothing and still get the desired effect, with the added incentive of looking absurdly ridiculous in any context.

I see, so anyone can do it.

Closed to reply

working