I bought a car with stick shift. I would like to learn driving this car. Please teach me how to drive a car especially at curves step by step.
This is absolutely the right place to come and ask.
hi aka-dj This is the right answer I was expecting from you.
Sorry for any offence. I could show you how, but to write a guide step by step....? Nah. Not me.
I have a hub on driving including how to drive a stick shift really well!
You just have to do it.
At first the clutch seems awkward... but shortly it seems 2nd nature. I miss driving a stick! The only time they are bad is when it's slippery and you are stopped in traffic going up a really steep hill. The rest of the time I prefer them... because it makes me feel like I'm actually driving!
sarovai, the main things to remember are this:
1. You always have to put in the clutch before doing anything with the shift.
2. Putting the clutch in takes no special technique, but releasing the clutch (taking your foot off it) has to be done gradually and smoothly - and particularly gradually and smoothly when you're stopped.
3. If you're stopped at the top of a hill (with the back of the car toward the "downhill" direction) you're likely roll back when you release the clutch if you don't develop the technique for gradually letting the clutch up while also kind of giving the car enough gas to make it "want to move forward" just enough that it doesn't roll backwards.
4. If you release the clutch too fast and get the car shaking and rocking, put the clutch back in fast. If the car stalls as a result of it all, put it back in neutral and start it up again.
5. Shift to higher gears when you kind of hear the car seeming like it's starting to struggle a little.
6. Don't ever shift into neutral when the car is rolling.
7. Make sure you know where each gear and neutral are well enough that you won't forget.
Well, that's what I can come up with a few minutes. Hope some of it helps.
They made automatics especially for people like me who are unable to drive with two feet and two hands Never driven a stick shift and really have no desire to learn , but , good luck to ya
by hinckles koma7 years ago
ok im probably one of a few girls that like stick shift better. I got a new car recentley and its automatic. To me it just takes the fun out of driving if it is a sports car that is.who is for stick who is for...
by sarovai7 years ago
Which type of car do you prefer? Manual gear(stick) or automatic?
by JT Walters5 years ago
Do you prefer to drive an automatic transmission car or a stick shift?
by Rajinder Soni6 years ago
Step by step instructions on how to drive a stick shift uphill?
by Roberta McIlroy5 years ago
My 12 year old recently went on a camping trip with some of his dads friends. While on this 'camping' trip the following happened. The old ladys grand-daughter was 'upset' so the woman gave her car keys to...
by ACEJames6 years ago
It depends on what fits into my budget.
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.