- Business and Employment»
- Character & Professionalism
The Importance of Leadership and How to be a Good Leader
The Essence of Leadership and Ways to be a Good Leader
Any team in any field of expertise needs a leader to pull through and obtain desirable outcomes and success, otherwise all efforts whipped out will be out of sync and goals will be out of reach. A leader need not be old, for as long as he has ample knowledge and wisdom, necessary skills and appropriate attitude, tough and mundane tasks will be doable with zest and gusto.
A leader must be equipped with a brave heart to withstand internal and external pressures, for if not, the boat which he steers will sink. Yes, a leader is like the captain of a ship and should be an expert skipper, so that they will cruise through a course to the right direction utilizing resources efficiently and moving at the right pace.
- How to Pass the Civil Service Examination in the Philippines
The Civil Service Examination that is given in the Philippines is indeed a tough nut to crack...
- How to Pass the Board Licensure Examination
In Board Licensure Examination there's no shortcut in passing, you must try to live with it and overcome it...
Here are some effective tips and pointers to be a good leader:
- A leader must know to strike the guts of his target, without hurting someone’s self-esteem, give reprimands to those who are not productive whilst recurrently give nod, praises and recognitions to individuals, who are performing well. Motivation should also be given to keep their spirits high.
- A good leader is a good follower. If rules are set then the leader should be the first one to be under it and should serve as a good role model to all as much as possible.
- A good leader must be capable of handing out concrete and viable decisions at all times, if not problems great or small may derail performance and productivity.
- A good leader should be unbiased and all of his dealings should be fair and square. People tend to look up to a leader and it is a pity not to live up to the expectations. Additionally, a leader must think of the welfare of the majority.
A good leader must be willing to make sacrifices for the sake of many and these good deeds will resonate to each of the members of the team and soon enough, members will give their due share and will exhibit pleasant attitude.
- A good leader must be expert in knowing when things seemed to be not in equilibrium by virtue of solving conflicts, and eliminating obstacles. It will also help if a leader is stable and consistent.
- A good leader is also a good problem solver. Keep in mind that the ability to come up with rock-hard solutions in times of troubles and even crisis is the benchmark of good leadership.
- A good leader should also have the fervor and fire in tormenting any odds and challenges along the way.
- A good leader must be oozing with immense charisma. It is true that you cannot please everyone else, but at least you can be pleasant to everybody.
- Ability to make adjustments is one of the most important attributes a leader should have.
- Ability to make changes is also vital to a leader, although this can be a tough task do. If possible get rid of attitudes that disrupt the team’s progress and irks most of his members.
- A good leader must have the commitment and dedication towards his tasks, so that people will perceive you as unyielding, mature and consistent.
- A good leader is careful with every word he utters. Keep in mind that hurtful words can be as sharp as a dagger. It is wise to say few words and let your actions do the talking. But he is free to voice out thoughts and feelings if rights are trampled already.
- Do not assail any of your members if you are a leader, will it be face to face or via back door, bear in mind that retaliation can be a bitter pill to swallow and besides kinks can be ironed out one after the other though it may take some time and great effort in doing so.
- A good leader knows the word empathy well, which is the ability to listen and speak sensibly at the most opportune time.
- A good leader knows the value of winning and losing.
- How to Perform Well at Work
Have you wondered how top performers do their splendid work? They seem to be always in the right place at the right time...
- Most Annoying Work Habits
My friend once quoted "We work to live not we live to work." I was wondering what he means by this, after pondering for few days I realized that,..
Being a leader requires a lot of difficulties and responsibilities, and is vital to be smart, sincere and brave at all times.
(This is for Ma'm Chona my colleague in the school I work, she need this for her masteral.)
- How to Inculcate Serious and Responsible Attitudes Towards Works, part 1
1.Acquire a high sense of responsibility; 2.Gain enough self-confidence to face challenges and prove yourself; 3.Determine your aims in life and know the ways of achieving them; 4.Give your best a pleasant...
- How to Love Your Work, part 1
1.Develop the right attitude toward given task; 2.Acquire responsible attitudes toward a given job to foster genuine commitment; 3.Score high in your desire to achieve; 4.Apply effective operation...
- THE WORK VALUES OF FILIPINO WORKERS
Filipino workers are considered to be at par best if not the best compared with other workers in the world. They are resourceful, resilient, persistent and consistent. They are persevering and will do what it...
- Participate in a Workplace Communication, Part 1
LEARNING ACTIVITIES (First of 12 Parts) In order to achieve the learning outcomes stated in the learning material, you must follow the steps indicated below. Each step has a corresponding resource or...
- How to Get Along with Peers
You are expected to: 1.Instill camaraderie among yourselves; 2.Enjoy training and get the most out of it; 3.Give your full cooperation and be involved in any teams effort. Before the start of any...
- Practicing Career Professionalism, Part 1
ACHIEVING COMPETENCE IN PRACTICE CAREER PROFESSIONALISM AND INTEGRATE PERSONAL OBJECTIVES WITH ORGANIZATIONAL GOALS WHAT IS PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT? PERSONALITY Many factors make a person unique in his or...
- How to Improve the Power of Your Creativity
After doing this activity you are expected to: 1. Develop the ability to innovate or introduce new ideas . 2. Identify areas where innovations can be introduced. 3. Identify ways on how to improve your...
- Participate in a Workplace Communication, Part 1
LEARNING ACTIVITIES In order to achieve the learning outcomes stated in the learning material, you must follow the steps indicated below. Each step has a corresponding resource or specific instructions to...
- How to Avoid Verbal Attacks, Intrigues and Slugs in Workplace or in Office
The setting in a workplace can indeed be likened to a movie, here, you can see drama unfolding (emotions building up like relationships and friendships or perhaps some shares of triumphs or defeats), thriller...
- New Approach for Teachers
Our students seemed to be caught in the transition process and most of our teachers are unaware of it and also caught in the labyrinth filled with potential debris that poses threats in dismantling the present...
- A Tribute to Instructors and Teachers
Teachers and instructors are indeed one of the vital cogs in shaping up and molding students to be responsible and productive citizens of our society. We owe our profession to them for they played a big role...
- How to Win in Office Conflicts
How to win in office wars or ways to avoid conflict in office: Let bygones be bygones, we live and deal with current problems, living in the shadows of the past is the thing insane people does, wakikik....
- The Desirable Qualities of an Applicant
Finding job nowadays is indeed difficult, the competition is so stiff no thanks to the global economic crisis were facing right now. Applying requires a lot of rituals hehehe you must be well-dressed (as if...
- How to be an Effective and Efficient Teacher
.... reward but for self-fulfillment and doing things that are ought to be done. Teaching is not just a profession, it should be utilized as a powerful way of touching the lives of the children, always...