jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you go to management every time you have a problem?.

1. huck tooey profile image60
    huck tooeyposted 8 years ago

Do you go to management every time you have a problem?.

Every job has them...Mary isn`t doing her job, Bill`s always lazy after lunch are you one of them

2. Lady_E profile image74
    Lady_Eposted 8 years ago

No, I prefer to use initiative....................

3. Silver Poet profile image74
    Silver Poetposted 8 years ago

If you go to management every time you will be viewed as a trouble maker yourself.  Try to solve your own problems when possible.  In the example you gave of Bill being lazy after lunch, that is usually the manager's problem, not that of his fellow workers.  Productivity will go down, and it is the job of a good manager to notice why.

4. Sheila Kemp profile image56
    Sheila Kempposted 8 years ago

No, I use this option as very last. I have to admit I have a hard time to let somebody know that he or she is not doing their job. The atmosphere at our work place is quite friendly and we treat each other equally.

I usually try to hint to the person that there is a room for improvement in certain areas. I use positive approach all the time.

But when everything fails I go and talk to management. Again, I try not to be negative and ask them to approach the person in a sensible way.

5. liuwenhua profile image56
    liuwenhuaposted 8 years ago

I wouldn't go to them to ask for solutions, rather, I go to them to tell them that what I have done to solve the problems. As an employee, we are paid to "solve" problems, not to "tell" problems, they might had jolly well knew about the problems before you know it.

6. PurpleOne profile image88
    PurpleOneposted 8 years ago

I definitely don't do go to management with every problem. The best thing to do is to try to work out your own problems. Talk to your co-workers directly if you have a problem with them. No one likes a tattletale. Of course, there are times when you have to go to management but I try to save that as a last resort.

working