jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What exactly does 'mindset' mean?

1. kay hebbourn profile image59
    kay hebbournposted 8 years ago

What exactly does 'mindset' mean?

This term is frequently used in conjunction with successful entrepreneurs and it has come to have a special meaning.  The problem is that there is now an assumption that we have a shared understanding of this word.  I would love to hear your views...

2. stricktlydating profile image82
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

I see 'mindset' as a word used in addition to describing someone's 'way of thinking' and outlook.

3. jaro10 profile image60
    jaro10posted 8 years ago

Mindset  means direct one's attention to something.

4. Stan Fletcher profile image73
    Stan Fletcherposted 8 years ago

Your mindset is the way you view the world.  It is a group of filters through which you make decisions.  It effects whether you feel and react positively or negatively about a given situation.

5. fdoleac profile image59
    fdoleacposted 8 years ago

Your mindset is where "your head is at", which can be changed with conditioning.

6. TruthAwake profile image78
    TruthAwakeposted 7 years ago

"Mindset" seems to describe the way in which a person interprets events in the world. People commonly refer to "good" or "bad" mindsets, which seems to signify positive or negative thoughts on a subject or a problem. Ever heard the phrase, "the right frame of mind"? I think that there is a shared understanding that having a positive or negative outlook on a project can make or break it. This seems to be the idea behind mindset.

7. Jaynie2000 profile image92
    Jaynie2000posted 7 years ago

Looks like we're all on the same page. I think "mindset" refers to your determined view on something. Once you set your mind to something, you are determined to follow through.

8. debraedom profile image51
    debraedomposted 7 years ago

Mindset is our own personal collection of beliefs, habits and behaviours. It's our own view of the world and as such, that's the view of the world that we see. Unless we change our mindset, we'll never see a different view of the world. Sometimes, mindset is referred to as paradigm. Same thing really.

9. sa3o profile image60
    sa3oposted 7 years ago

mindset is a belief system that we have, where it will be a benchmark for ourselves in looking at the situation and conditions. In many ways our reaction to an event is determined by a system of belief in ourselves

10. b2b-sales-europe profile image61
    b2b-sales-europeposted 6 years ago

The world is always the same. The mindset is the pair of glasses which colors our view and tunes our perception. Either you see opportunities or you see problems. What you find depends on, what what you are looking for.
    As someone said: If you think you can do it or you think you can't do it, you are right!
    An entrepreneur has the balls to look out to make things happen.

11. BreatheN2Grow profile image68
    BreatheN2Growposted 6 years ago

I believe mindset is the likeness of an idea for example Love agrees with joy and peace!