jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Did you ever have a boss who managed through fear and intimidation? How did you

1. garyyoungberg profile image60
    garyyoungbergposted 7 years ago

Did you ever have a boss who managed through fear and intimidation?  How did you cope with it?

2. Kobus Hughes profile image38
    Kobus Hughesposted 7 years ago

I have had a boss like that Gary. I just one day went into his office and knew he wanted to see me for another stupid reason to try and scare me so before he could say anything I stood up to him and resigned after having my say. Apparently the guy got fired a week or so later because all the other employees started to stand up to him and his bosses decided that he must go.

3. BobbiRant profile image60
    BobbiRantposted 7 years ago

I had a boss like that and it stressed me out a lot.  She fired people left and right.  I quit because the stress became too much.  I discovered that finally, that bad boss was let go too.

4. profile image50
    CrunchyNutsposted 6 years ago

I had a boss exactly like this. She was a sales assistant who got promoted to store manager and she let this go to her head. She thought she was better than us staff who did all the work for her while she sat at the back drinking tea and smoking. Only really saw her when her boss was in so to show she was in control she intimidated us. Stressed me out completely. I coped with it by just ignoring her and staying out of her way as much as possible.

working