jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?

1. Don Ship profile image80
    Don Shipposted 7 years ago

What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?

2. jennyjenny profile image60
    jennyjennyposted 7 years ago

a grilled veggie burger patty on a tortilla with shredded cabbage, fresh squeezed lime, cilantro, hot pepper flakes and peanut butter.  YUM!  smile

3. Calgarz profile image61
    Calgarzposted 7 years ago

a lot. carabeef, golden snails, and fermented rice.

4. Right On Time profile image60
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

Bacon and Nutella. It was a dare. Blech!!                                            .

5. roadrockafella profile image59
    roadrockafellaposted 7 years ago

The innards of a pig like intestine, stomach, liver, etc. all boiled in a pot. It was weird since you can smell a raw pig from its soup.

6. The Earth Goat profile image66
    The Earth Goatposted 7 years ago

I think my oddest food experiences were when I was in Tanzania - sugary breakfast spaghetti, intestine and banana soup, chip omelettes. All surprisingly lovely.

I really liked a 'pincho' that I had when I visited San Sebastian in northern Spain. It was a tiny wafer cone filled with a very pungent cream cheese with a rolled pickled whitebait on top.

Japanese food could be pretty weird. I ate a breakfast in Kyoto where nothing tasted how I imagined it would - shredded seaweed turned out to be tiny tiny baby eels, green jelly would turn out to be savoury, a square white lump sweet. Exciting!

7. harrison8bal profile image70
    harrison8balposted 7 years ago

A chicken's ass. (and liver, intestines, feet)

8. Craan profile image68
    Craanposted 7 years ago

The weirdest things I ever ate that are considered a delicacy is escargot, octopus salad and cow brains. I hated the cow brains and sort of liked the others.

9. ashynamira profile image56
    ashynamiraposted 7 years ago

sago worms!! grasshoppers!! haha~~ i think sarawakians (malaysians eat too many weird stuff!) ;p

10. Silver Poet profile image75
    Silver Poetposted 7 years ago

Frog legs.  I was just a kid, so I wasn't bothered by any preconceived ideas.  They were good!

11. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

well hmmm,,,, i ate posom once it was nasty realy nasty

12. KaylinPatrice profile image53
    KaylinPatriceposted 7 years ago

squid and clam....so slimey yuck **gross face** but suprisingly a bit tastey hmm

13. uyiedos profile image60
    uyiedosposted 7 years ago

Malaysia's Bird Nest soup, The swift uses its saliva to build its nest in malaysian caves, this nest are cooked into a kind of soup by the natives...Its very expensive and believed to elongate life

14. kmcmichael profile image65
    kmcmichaelposted 7 years ago

Iguana. It was served to me by locals in Honduras. Don't eat it; it's sticky.

working