Could I be eligible for Unemployment if I quit my job because my boss wants to c

1. profile image52
    Terry Maxwellposted 6 years ago

Could I be eligible for Unemployment if I quit my job because my boss wants to change my pay rate?

I stepped down as a supervisor about one year ago and was replaced with a co-worker.  My salary never changed and I was no longer expected to have the responsibilities of a supervisor.  I am the only one in my department with a salary, everyone else is hourly.  I am scheduled over 40 hours a week and others are scheduled about 35-40.  I mentioned to my supervisor that I felt discriminated against and now my boss wants to put me on hourly, which is way less pay. I want to quit because of it! Is this a wage and hour dispute issue?

2. someonewhoknows profile image73
    someonewhoknowsposted 6 years ago

You should consult the rules for elegibility for unemployment within your state.They should have a website with that information.
    It,sounds like they need you if they were still paying you a salery rather than cutting your pay.The hours worked seem to be the crux of the matter .

My ,brother used to work  a 60 hour week .He didn't like it.No free time.

3. Ralph Deeds profile image62
    Ralph Deedsposted 6 years ago

You would be ineligible in Michigan if you quit before there was a substantial reduction in your pay rate. The law is that "reasonable person will find another job before he quits the one he has unless he has been given good cause for quitting attributable to his employer." Good cause can be a safety hazard called to the employer's attention but uncorrected, being instructed to do something illegal or dishonest, or a substantial change in the conditions of employment, e.g., a significant pay cut (one decision says 17% is significant, cancellation of health care insurance or the like.