jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

In this economy, what would you consider one of the best small businesses to sta

1. LAURENS WRIGHT profile image52
    LAURENS WRIGHTposted 6 years ago

In this economy, what would you consider one of the best small businesses to start.

2. Daxman profile image59
    Daxmanposted 6 years ago

People are building small local businesses that provide affordable domestic services and care to the elderly. These types of companies seem to be doing pretty good regardless of the current economic difficulties.

3. Adamowen profile image80
    Adamowenposted 6 years ago

Anything that provides a personal service, food, metals (copper, brass etc) Precious metal trading (gold, silver, platinum) eBay is a decent bet but it is nothing like it used to be. Buy and sell things over the internet especially things on play.com, Amazon and eBay.

4. davenmidtown profile image88
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

Laurens Wright:  Everything is an opportunity and if there is a need for a product or service that people are willing to pay for then yes it is a good time for small businesses. I would mimic what larger companies are doing... Large grocery stores are not offering grocery delivery services, etc. These types of services are aimed at the larger segment of consumers but there are outlying consumers that have needs that are not being met. Take advantage of those needs by customizing a service plant and you have yourself a small business. Recycling is big right now... a service that organizes, picks up, and delivers recyclables to a recycling facility and charges a percentage of the profit would be easy to set up.

5. profile image0
    Gusserposted 6 years ago

Survival business--Food storage, Helping others to prepare, Hands on teaching about survival, selling items related to survival, AND of course writing about survival.

6. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image99
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years ago

If you know what you're doing, there's a great deal of money to be made buying and selling precious metals.  It takes time to learn this business and you need to find buyers who pay well, but there's serious money to be made.  I know, I've been doing it for years.

working