jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Do you think Obama and Biden acted respectfully and professional during the deba

1. Ericdierker profile image52
    Ericdierkerposted 5 years ago

Do you think Obama and Biden acted respectfully and professional during the debates?

Where I come from facial antics and constant interruptions are rude and not respectful. It has bothered me so much that it is changing my vote. I can just see one them acting that way with a foreign President. And if they say "but this was a debate for American voters"? I would say that if I had a 12 year old I would not let him/her watch those debates or at least with parental supervision, so they do not treat their teachers like our vice president treated a candidate. I think this is an important issue regarding the character of the men. I just cannot find a justification.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7148479_f260.jpg

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I agree with you. It was a sad showing in the Ryan Biden debate.  Obama was better but not great.

Ericdierkerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think it will settle in with most, and change the election. Maybe most cannot verbalize what bothered them, they will just feel it in the booth. I just do not want those two representing me in that fashion. Dignity is important to me and mine.

3. Rosana Modugno profile image85
    Rosana Modugnoposted 5 years ago

I completely agree with you on this.  It was an embarrassment and still is, to be quiet honest.  I took debate in school and there were so many things wrong with this last one, really, I can't answer here or I will have a melt down.  I'm sticking to topi.  Sir, I thank you for posting this question.  I myself, do not have the courage to cover politics in this forum but I admire those that do.

I don't swing politically. I am way too moderate. Fiscally conservative and socially liberal. And I am no great man of courage or unquestioned morality.  I just wanted to hit the parental control button on the debates. I cannot with conscience abide.

4. Dr. Haddox profile image80
    Dr. Haddoxposted 5 years ago

There is a lot on the line here for all the men involved here. It was predicted from the start of Obama's election to the office of president, that this particular election bid would be the worse that we have every had in the history of this country.
    This political contest has been ugly and hateful and has taken a toll on the American people and the system.
    The country is split, right down the middle, and we have a "cold" Civil War being fought, with the country split right down the middle.
    It is not just Obama and Biden and the two Republican runners who are involved in this game.
    There are forces, very evil forces, that strive on hate and ugly behavior that is causing this problem, in the background.
    This country is lead, mostly by powerful wealthy men who have not vision. And stated in the Bible, "Where there is not vision, the people die."
    The problem of the ugly and hateful behavior lies beyond the president and the vice-president. There problem is deep-seated, or rooted deeply within our culture and our society.
    Thank you.
    Regards,
    Dr. Haddox

I do fear there is truth to much of your prophesy. I think that is my greatest fear. that their behavior be deemed acceptable. My young son will not deem it so. He will lose teethe and his straight nose. But in my home we will stand up against this.

5. tipstoretireearly profile image82
    tipstoretireearlyposted 5 years ago

Biden's facial expressions and laughing were not professional.  They were probably the first thing many people talked about after the debate, which is really too bad considering the importance of what both V.P. candidates were talking about.

This gets to the heart of it as does Dr. Haddox. This men are professional, they did not get to where they are by accidently doing things. So we must believe they calculatedly acted that way. Their sole purpose was to get votes.  Why? Scary.

working