jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What separates those who can easily find employment opportunties from those who

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

What separates those who can easily find employment opportunties from those who never seem to

find such opportunities although they are highly educated and qualified?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8029343_f260.jpg

2. SidKemp profile image95
    SidKempposted 4 years ago

Strong evidence is that it is in the way that you look for those opportunities. Or rather, the way that you create them and call them into your life. Those who go looking for what is advertised arrive too late and through the wrong door. Almost all jobs are filled through personal connections.

Also, if you are desperate, you look desperate. If you are confident, you look confident.

I've even walked into a company and was told, "We're happy to talk to you, but we have no openings." Two hours later, they created a position just so they could hire me!

To learn more, take these three steps: Read my hub on how to create a 5-year career plan; Then read What Color is Your Parachute by Richard N. Bolles; Then do the process in Parachute - it works!

gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Sid, excellent answer as usual.  You always give intelligent and insightful answers that I and others enjoy reading.

3. oz-vitez profile image70
    oz-vitezposted 4 years ago

Creativity, attitude, desire, and a willingness to sell yourself like a prostitute. But in a good way.

4. profile image0
    Sarra Garrettposted 4 years ago

Because some people have work ethic, unlike the younger generation of today.  If you have a engineering degree and can't find work in your field, there is nothing wrong with taking different job until one comes available.  Although, taking a lower paying job you have to change your llifestyle which many people don't want to do.  Not to mention working for minimum wage doesn't get you anywhere anymore making it hard to pay bills and care for your family.    I still say work where you can get work because you can always find a better job when you are already employed.  Don't be so proud that you can't downsize and only have what you absolutely need to live.

gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Sarra, my mother said this 37 years ago. Jobs for college graduates were hard to find.She stated that one has to take a job and look for better. Of course, I thought my mother was negative and argued with her regarding this!

2. profile image0
      Sarra Garrettposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Didn't we all argue with our parents. lol.  I always said I wasn't going to turn into my mother when I had my son.  I found that I did in some instances.  Oh My....

working