jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Would you wait for a decision or quit?

1. Alexa Poesia profile image71
    Alexa Poesiaposted 4 years ago

Would you wait for a decision or quit?

If at the end of the work day (Friday)your boss calls you and tells you that you made 2 bad decisions with communication, do not come to work Monday , someone either your boss or hr would contact you to advise what the next step would be. They will investigate the situation further.

2. CraftytotheCore profile image81
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

I've been out of corporate world so long I wouldn't even know what that means.  Any problems that arose were handled professionally right then.  This business of telling you not to come to work Monday to advise you what the next step will be seems a bit ridiculous.  Although I don't know the entire situation.  I wouldn't want to be in a position where I was told not to come to work but I was being investigated.  I'd feel like it was time to leave.

Alexa Poesiaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I am in a bad situation all the way around, my husband is to have back surgery in 2 weeks. Thanx for your thoughts, kinda feel same way.

2. CraftytotheCore profile image81
      CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years agoin reply to this

When it rains, it pours.  That's always the way for me too!  I'm so sorry you are dealing with hard times.

3. Zaiden Jace profile image69
    Zaiden Jaceposted 4 years ago

It sounds as though they are debating on letting you go or not. I personally would quit before I could get fired, especially if the decisions you made were bad enough to be used against you in the future. I think it's a bit unprofossional to not even inform you of the problem. They obviously know this is going to be heavy on your mind. But, hey maybe they'll just write you up and call it a day..

Alexa Poesiaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I resigned officially on Tuesday, but now jobless with the other thousands of people out there.

working