How to overcome anxiety or fear before a new business meeting ?

1. Sundeep Kataria profile image73
    Sundeep Katariaposted 3 years ago

How to overcome anxiety or fear before a new business meeting ?

Everyone wants to be successful in his / her career and business meetings are an integral part of the demands of the profession. Can there be some suggestions to overcome negative feelings before the meeting?

2. zacharybrown profile image60
    zacharybrownposted 3 years ago

Great question Sundeep. I would offer 4 different approaches to overcoming anxiety or fear before a new business meetings.

(1) Do as much research as you can on your new business contact and their organization using online tools. This way you can walk into your meeting confident that you have a basic understanding of who you are meeting with.

(2) Meditate or pray. This does not always have to be a spiritual exercise. If you are not a spiritual person I recommend that you practice "mindfulness" which is a form of meditation that helps you step into your current moment and take control.

(3) It is a little cheesy, but I know from personal experience that this one works. On your way to your meeting or before your meeting in a private place or in your car yell "Act enthusiastic and your will be enthusiastic!" repeatedly until you feel your energy change. It is actually taken from a Dale Carnegie course that was in.

(4) Phone a friend! I have a couple friends who I also respect professionally that I call when I need a pep talk. They do the same with me. Sometimes it is helpful to get outside perspective and to have someone remind you of your strengths going into a new meeting.

I hope this helps!

3. Frienderal profile image76
    Frienderalposted 3 years ago

The best way for me to overcome my anxiety before my interview or meeting is always to visualize how the meeting will turn out, what are the possible questions which will be asked and how do I answer the questions. Then I will try to prepare the best that I can for the meeting. Being prepared after all, makes anyone feel more confident and less fearful. An hour before the meeting, I would clear my mind and think about happy thoughts to make me feel less stressful.