Does automatic article writer work?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (23 posts)
  1. Sienna Red profile image61
    Sienna Redposted 13 years ago

Does automatic article writer and article generator work? Have you tried using it for your own content? Where can you find the best free full-version software?

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

ROFLMAO You could not find a better site to ask this question big_smile

1. Sienna Red profile image61
      Sienna Redposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am not actually looking to find one for myself. This is just quite intriguing how things work the way software company owners of these products seem to promise.

Thanks anyway for sharing your thoughts :-)

1. profile image0
        shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

oh yes... why not spin those articles!  Hubpages love good ole spammy links - it really helps promote that loving feeling that HP has with Google.  lol

Be careful my dear or you might find yourself a 73!!!!

2. lyndre profile image60
        lyndreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think you backtracked a little to quick.lol

3. gandhikr profile image59
    gandhikrposted 13 years ago

What they do is keep track of LSI words list, Synonym word list and  relate to the words in the sentence. Once the software gets hold of many LSI words, it auto suggests LSI words when you type.

Basically the software keeps synonyms in its index and displays it..

4. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

From what I've seen, the only way they can work well (at least with the free ones) is if the user has a good command of the English language and is willing to take the time to go over the new article, look for bad grammar and out-and-out ridiculous wording they often come up up with.  If the article is a short article some people will find it's just as easy to whip up new short articles about the same thing.  Others are happy enough to edit the spun stuff instead.  They can/do work for some people and some kinds of articles (a "standard web article", for example, as opposed to "more complex" writing.  At best, if someone feeds a "robot" a brief, simple, article he'll get back writing that's obviously robot-writing.  Other than "best", he'll get back absurd wording that needs so much fixing it isn't worth the trouble.

The big thing you'll see on here are people who don't know English well (whether they're non-Americans or just Americans who didn't learn their grammar), think they're going to spin stuff (their own or someone else's), and not recognize how goofy the whole mess looks after spinning.  Then they publish it and wait for their millions of dollars and earnings to come in.   lol  I, personally, haven't yet met a free one that I'd be bothered with.  To me, if I'm dealing with a quickie web article it would be just as easy, and less aggravating, to whip up a bunch of quickie articles about the same thing.  There are people who do web-writing all the time who are willing to pay for a better spinner, and who has a system for using them.

Anyone interested in how the free ones work ought to just a run a few articles on them and see what they get.  There's nothing wrong with using a spinner if it works.  There's a lot wrong with posting some of the crap that comes out of the free ones much of the time, and calling it a "Hub".   smile

1. Sufidreamer profile image79
      Sufidreamerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Are you saying that non-Americans don't know English well...? big_smile

Fully agree with you about spinners, though, Lisa - spinners cannot reproduce the voice and flow that make writing worth reading.

Personally, I detest them. smile

1. Lisa HW profile image63
        Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good point, sufidreamer.  "non-Americans" was a careless choice of words.  I should mention that I know lots of non-Americans have an excellent command of English (including lots of people for whom English is not even their first language).  Can I be excused for that careless "oopsie" if I claim that "non-Americans" was actually something a forum-post spinner did to my original (and more appropriate, of course) choice of words...     hmm

1. Sufidreamer profile image79
          Sufidreamerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are hereby forgiven!

I was only teasing you, anyway - I couldn't resist big_smile

5. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

No.

6. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

I utilisation a spin hub textual editorial word mangler for everything of my personal hubs and withstanding a barrage balloon of crisis perfiflicate quite magnanimously.

lol

2. Pandoras Box profile image59
      Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Perfect! I'll take three!

3. Aficionada profile image79
      Aficionadaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

BIG Hug!!  Peck-on-the-cheek-kisses!!!!

Oh, wait.  I forgot you are English and may not understand Southern enthusiasm.

"Edit":  Good show, old boy.  Quite decent of you.  Cheerio.

(better?)

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Damn decent of you.

7. Peter Hoggan profile image67
    Peter Hogganposted 13 years ago

Without question article spinners work. For that extra bit of originalty, translate the spun article into Russian then Spanish then back to English. Unique content guaranteed every time!

OR...   print your article, run the paper page through a food processor, and tape the shreds back together in a way that makes it look sort of like it used to - only a mess  smile

1. profile image0
        shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Isnt that what spinning article software does? lmfao!!!!

8. Maddie Ruud profile image72
    Maddie Ruudposted 13 years ago

If by "work" you mean "give Norah and Maddie a good laugh at the utter nonsense of your Hubs before they ban you" then yes, they work. wink

9. Sue Adams profile image96
    Sue Adamsposted 13 years ago

From my experience, it takes longer to sort out the mess than it  takes to write the article from scratch. For that reason I have given up on spinning and automatic content generation.

10. lakeerieartists profile image64
    lakeerieartistsposted 13 years ago

I am not a fan of spinners, because I do not think they can make a good article.  I can write articles fast enough that are original that are so much better.

11. steffer profile image60
    stefferposted 13 years ago

I don't reallu use that anymore, but what i do use, is soem kind of article idea software.

When you're kind of stuck on a topic, you can integrate keywords about your topic, and gives you suggestions to write

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)