Please Help! ALL my articles were flagged!

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (19 posts)
  1. coloradoprof profile image61
    coloradoprofposted 11 years ago

Hi All.  I need your help!   I am new to HubPages and recently posted my first three articles.  I am a former college professor and a fairly good writer.  All three of my articles were rated in the 70s and when I implemented the "Article Checker" to check for violations, none were found.   

My article titles were as follows:

How Do I Get My Toddler To Brush Her Teeth?  Toddler Tooth Brushing Made Easy

Looking for a Work From Home Job?  Use These Keywords

Three Brilliant Tricks to Make $10 an Hour Taking Paid Surveys

My first two articles were labeled as needing revision because they were "over-promotional or contained too many links"   Well, The Toddler article had no links or company names whatsoever and the work from home article had one link to the "Legitimate Online Job Directory" which is a great directory of free, legit, no scam, no mlm jobs.  That website is free, does not have any type of registration page and doesn't ask for personal information.  How could these articles be labeled over promotional?  What do I need to do to get them re-published?

My last article on paid surveys received a notice saying it was "substandard".   The article, which was detailed and well written, basically focuses on things like time saving techniques when taking surveys etc.  The article did not contain links to any survey companies and did not mention any survey companies by name.   

I know that paid survey articles are looked down on here but I have worked from home for 12 years and make about $400 a month taking paid surveys.  I'm not talking about being an affiliate or anything like that but actually taking the surveys using the techniques I describe in my article.

Can anyone help me to figure out why my articles were flagged and what I need to do about it?  I would be happy to email my posts if that would help. 

Thanks so much in advance!

Anne (Coloradoprof)

2. relache profile image66
    relacheposted 11 years ago

You should have received email(s) from admin explaining what the problems are.  Also, at the top of each Hub should be a notice/warning of the moderation problems.

You can also read more about content violations in the site FAQ, under the heading of Publishing Rules and Policies.  The Learning Center also has an index of all moderation violations which would also explain more.

After all that, you need to email the moderators if you need more help, as none of us will be able to see your unpublished Hubs, but they can and after all, they are the ones who unpublished you so they can best explain what you are doing wrong.

coloradoprofposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the info.  After checking my email, I do see that I received a message regarding the moderation of my paid survey article.  However, I did not receive any emails related to the other two articles.  I will go ahead and email the moderators.  Thanks again!

Anne

3. brakel2 profile image73
    brakel2posted 11 years ago

Welcome to P

4. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 11 years ago

I took at your first two hubs and just as you say, only found one link.

It is just possible that a link to a site on that subject is "forbidden" - HP has an (unpublished) set of topics and sites that you may not link to.  That could be on the list, although I doubt it.

I think you are taking the right step - ask HP for clarification.  And DO check your junk mail box.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image84
      DzyMsLizzyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Seriously?  How can anyone know what is "forbidden" if it is an unpublished list??  WTH!!  This is like a police speed trap--"Let's make ourselves invisible, so we can catch people doing the wrong thing when they didn't even know they were doing anything wrong!!"
      What a crock of steaming nitrogenous waste material!   One of the issues I had with writing for Demand Media Studios was their nonsensically long list of 'forbidden' reference sites...but at least, it was published, and you knew what to avoid!  Come on, Hub Pages--let's play fair!

2. relache profile image66
      relacheposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I haven't looked at your Hubs but I do know that one of the sub-classifications listed under "Overly promotional" which a lot of people seem to overlook is the purely promotional Hub, which quite often only has one link.

5. brakel2 profile image73
    brakel2posted 11 years ago

Welcome to HubPages. Good luck

6. coloradoprof profile image61

Hi Everyone. Thanks for the advice.  I really appreciate your help.  I'm sure that I will have more questions as a newbie.  Take care and have a great day.

1. Barbara Kay profile image74
      Barbara Kayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I've noticed that if you don't have content in the first capsule, you'll get a warning that your hub is overly promotional or substandard. Did you start writing content in that capsule? If not, use it.

That is about the most ridiculous condition I've ever heard of!  How can "zero content" possibly be "overly promotional?!"  As for "substandard," that usually applies, (or so it seems from the general information here) to the entire hub, not just a single capsule, regardless of placement!  Wow!  Way to make invisible rules to trip up newbies!  Not very nice, HP.

2. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You'll get that warning IF you don't have much content and leave the hub in edit mode to come back later. Empty capsules can't be seen outside edit mode.

Well, exactly right, but in that case, it wouldn't have been "flagged" or un-published, as it is still in edit mode.  It sounded to me as if she was speaking of already-published hubs being taken down, and indeed, that is confirmed in her comment below...

7. coloradoprof profile image61

Thanks for the info.   I had the first capsule filled with text and nothing was in edit mode and everything is still flagged.   I sent 2 emails to HP regarding the issue and have not heard back, so I'm just resubmitting the articles.  I'll let everyone know what happens. 

I was so excited to finally have time to write for HP but I might switch to Infobarrel.   

Thanks again for all of your comments.  I really appreciate your help!

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I just removed all my articles from Infobarrel. Which was no easy task, as they have no delete button. I would not write there myself - honestly I've seen few to none of the IB articles in search results, while I see plenty from Wizzley and Squidoo.

coloradoprofposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much for the info.   I'll check out Wizzley and Squidoo.

2. galleryofgrace profile image71
        galleryofgraceposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I was about to remove my articles from IB when I checked earnings and found that they were equal to Google. So decided not to remove them.

2. tussin profile image57
      tussinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Infobarrel has a moderation policy for all new users, so you will likely encounter the same problems there as here, especially regarding links to affiliate sites.  And like Wrylilt said, getting your articles off IB is a pain in the rear.

8. coloradoprof profile image61

Hi All.  Thanks so much for your help!   This forum is filled with the most helpful people.   HP just cleared my keyword article for publication so one down and one to go.  Thanks again!

Anne-Marie

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)