Can't Create New Hub

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Cris A profile image59
    Cris Aposted 15 years ago

I can't get pass through the funny characters that you have to type after creating the title and the  tags. I followed the guide on enabling cookies and I still can't make it to the next page - hence I can't create a new hub. This is the first time that it has happened to me. Please help! sad

ps i'm using Explorer 7

2. bhoge profile image59
    bhogeposted 15 years ago

I think just now some changes have been done in HP, may that cause the problem

Cris Aposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I thought of that too, but when I filtered the Hubtivityy by Hubs i saw other Hubbers publishing new stuff so I thought it's just probably my system and not HubPages' that has a problem. Thanks, bhoge

3. Cris A profile image59

Help! I still can't!

1. Lady Guinevere profile image67
      Lady Guinevereposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I would give it a day.  I have to verify my e-mail address just to join a fanclub and never got that before.  It said that I changed my email addres but I havn't.  So I am just going to join others fanmail until tomorrow when they have the glitches and kinks worked out.

4. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 15 years ago

Do you have another browser you could try, as a test?  The captcha on that page is the same that we have on the signup page.  So, if you were able to signup for HubPages, you should be able to get past that one.

I have signed up long ago and yes I was able to get pass that. This is the first time I have encountered a captcha on the Create a New Hub page, twas not there before. Should I just give it a day or two just like LG suggested and maybe it would just fix itself?

Thanks Paul & LG

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
        pauldeedsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It's something new.  There are two possibilities, 1) a technical issue, most likely cookie related, or 2) you aren't entering the right letters.  Toi eliminate #2, why don't you try refreshing this page until you get a captcha that is really easy to read, then enter the rest of the form.

http://hubpages.com/hubtool/create/name/

and see if that works.  If you're still having trouble we'll come up with another solution.

It still won't work. I'm sure about the characters I entered as I double check each time. I tried 10x and still nothing. Moreover, I already have my settings changed to accept all cookies. What do I do next?

Thanks Paul.

5. trish1048 profile image69
    trish1048posted 15 years ago

I'm sorry, but I do not like this new feature.  I just experienced the same issue with trying to decipher the letters when I went to publish my new hub.  It took me 7 tries before I could get it to go through.  I even have brand new glasses, and I found it extremely difficult to make out the letters.  The background colors seem to be the issue, it is much too dark.

6. trish1048 profile image69
    trish1048posted 15 years ago

Putting my second cent in, I also do not like the email verification feature.  It's very annoying.  I am, however, a person resistant to change, so I suppose I will get used to it smile

7. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

I don't care for the email verification either I am back and I apologize for being away for so long,we moved back to the west coast and I see so much has happened. I did however verify but I hope that we do  not have to do this continually. Happy 2009 to all!!!

8. Cris A profile image59

I installed another browser Mozilla Firefox and was able to pass through the captcha! And yes I was able to create a new hub.  Thanks Paul and everybody big_smile

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
      pauldeedsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Good to hear, I think you may find you like Firefox better than IE7 once you get used to it.  There must have been some setting in Internet Explorer that was causing the problem, but I'm not sure what it would be.  We're still going to consider removing the captcha on the hub creation page for established users.

1. Isabella Snow profile image86
        Isabella Snowposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I really hope you do remove it, and very soon at that, because it's absolutely maddening! sad  I can barely read the letters in the box most of the time. I hope people who are obviously not spammers will not have to do this. sad sad sad

1. gbrgn profile image60
          gbrgnposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I hate it too when you can't even read the characters, even when you do a reload of the page.

Why doesn't HP have questions instead of unreadable characters?

Something like....

What is 2 + 4 = ?
          What is 4 -1 = ?
          What is 40 -11 = ?
          etc...

... easy and fast.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)