Hub Pages is the Best Forum Site on the Web?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (45 posts)
  1. Nursey profile image59
    Nurseyposted 11 years ago

My friend says Hub Pages is the best forum site on the web if I want somewhere to chat, but where is the interaction? I've been here about 12 hours and haven't noticed much of it.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Try me.

2. phdast7 profile image82
      phdast7posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Your friend is mistaken or misinformed about the :primary" purpose and intent of HubPages.   There are Forums (they tend to get busy in the late afternoon, evening) and you may well find a good conversation on a specific topic (you will also find lots of mediocre, repetitive, poorly written, and mean-spirited, even hateful comments there, like you would find anywhere else).

However, HP is not for blogging, dating, trolling, it is not a Facebook or Twitter clone, not primarily built for Forums...   HubPages is a "Serious Writer's Platform."   Some writers are here to generate an income and write about products and services and tools and so forth.   Some are here to write about gardening, home repair, quilting, sewing, cooking, canning, crocheting - they share ideas,  recipes, patterns, helpful hints, etc.   

Some Hubbers are here to write about music, film, books, TV, video games, technology  -- or  about medicine, science, history, archaeology, religion, philosophy, politics, social and cultural issues.  Some Hubbers are here to read and write poetry, short stories, essays, reviews, books. and so forth. 

Most of us may make a very small amount of money  (advertising placed on our Hubs), but that is not why we are here.   We are here because we love thinking , communicating, writing, civilized debate, and learning from each other.

If your primary goal is Forum discussions, you might want to look somewhere else.    All the best to you and your friend.

Nurseyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh. So my friend got it wrong. She says she used write stuff here but it's not worth it anymore, so it's only about the forums now.

1. phdast7 profile image82

Nursey - Are you deliberately trying to be obtuse?   (go look it up)   

Nothing I said would lead to the conclusion that its "about the forums now."

Not sure what your game is, but I am through playing.

No. That's what my friend says. And why are you being so horrible to me?

You complain a lot for a newcomer.  You don't sem to read other people's comments.  Did you look up obtuse.?  Why not write a hub?

2. DrMark1961 profile image96
              DrMark1961posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Nursey, arenĀ“t you going to tell her that she is now being ignored? I thought that was your next logical step.

I'm not telling her anything.

2. fpherj48 profile image61
          fpherj48posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Gosh....look at that?  Your friend mis-guided you not once, but twice!.....
          HubPages is more than "worth it," depending upon what it is you're looking for or hoping to achieve.   It is a perfect platform for writers (freelance, beginners, semi-pros-even pros)....it's a wonderful place to meet some of the brightest, most talented and friendly people, from all over.  You can write your heart out...read and discover...learn many fascinating things...and exchange thoughts and ideas. 
          If you are looking for a strictly social site....I'm told there are many.   
          You could hang around and give it a go.......or give it up and move on.  Whatever you choose, I wish you luck!......Peace.

3. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

HubPages is not a forum site.  It's a place for writers to write articles.  The forum is where we come to relax and network with other writers.  If it was really humming with activity, it would be a bad thing, because it would mean we're all wasting time on the forums instead of working.

You have made an excellent point.

2. Nursey profile image59

That makes a lot of good sense. Thank you so much.

3. GA Anderson profile image90
        GA Andersonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

uhmmm....
        I write content for money
        HP was good for me... until recently
        Maybe I'm not a good writer, because my HP traffic has disappeared

I no longer make "significant" money on HP (I did before Panda)

I spend 6 -10 hes. a day writing sales/traffic generating content on other sites.

I come to HP forums now for relaxation and interaction.

Yes, I think HP forums/interactions are some of the best on the web. - but, I'm sure there are others - for other interests, that are just as good.

Yes, I think HP forums are a MAJOR part of HP's success.

GA

2. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 years ago

"Obtuse Nursey" would be a fabulous name for a band. Just sayin'.

That is pretty clever and pretty catchy.   smile

2. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 11 years agoin reply to this

HA!

3. Diane Woodson profile image60
    Diane Woodsonposted 11 years ago

It is the best, first because we are all gifted and talented people who have the intelligence to make wonderful writing for those who visit to read. Secondly we have all made friends colleagues here that we love and are hoping the best for in our writing careers. Ever how much the monetary returns are for any of us we have an invaluable forum, colleagues who want readers to gain a smile, some knowledge or just think and know that their day was better for having visited Hubpages.com.

I have learned so much from reading writers comments, Hubs, and related material in forums with new ideas so as to grow from and keep for any day we might need them.

Forums teach us so much as do Hubs. I again am so thankful I came to Hubpages.com over 6 months ago, the writers block is sometimes so terribly frustrating, trying to fit time in my day for writing is sometimes a real challenge too.

The vastness of topics in our Forums is enough for me, more than enough.

I hope that all of us will continue to profit and use every facet of Hubpages.com.

Happy Hubbing!

Diane Woodson

4. profile image51
    Want to Writeposted 11 years ago

I am sure most of you have a feeling about this anyway,  Jennym07, Sam nomorr, smanders, Terrasight, and Nursey are all the same person and her "friend" is herself whining about someone who caught on to her before.  She is nothing but a trouble maker and if she shows up again I am sure you will recognize her style or her husbands.  Neither on can stand to be contradicted.

Thank you for the information, Want to Write.   I was beginning to wonder.   sad.

1. DrMark1961 profile image96

But usually this point she would post "phdast7 you are being ignored".

1. DrMark1961 profile image96

Usually BY this point. I wish these posts had an edit feature.

1. profile image51
            Want to Writeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

me too!

2. phdast7 profile image82

An Edit feature would be helpful.   Got it now.   I knew what you meant.

I took her seriously at first, which is why I wasted time on a four paragraph answer and then became, as Nursey describes me, "horrible to her"

I usually stick to Hubs and stay out of the forums.   Probably, that is what I need to keep doing.  Life is too short to spend time talking with Nursey types.

I don't know what you and your friends here are saying, but you are insulting me now.

1. fpherj48 profile image61
                fpherj48posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Basically, "Nursery,"  what we Hubber "Friends" are telling you is.....We are on to you.  More importantly, you would need to actually have a brain to interact with the geniuses who live and write here.
                You have our sympathy for your empty life and twisted mind.  Spending time opening account after account, to pose yourself as yet another "new" member.....asking really stupid questions and then commenting in paranoia and nausea, for the sole purpose of making waves, insulting, taunting and or hoping to create havoc......is what individuals with severe mental illness do.
                Now, take your meds, keep your appointments at the psyche center, and get the HELL off our site. You've been on eleven and a half hours TOO long.
                YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE.     Thank you, so much.

Now I get it. Guess you misunderstood something. And it looks like you and phdast7 are the same Hub Pages user.

2. profile image51

Very well said @fpherj48.  Last night she put your photo up saying you were someone else.  She didn't get away with it though, you have friends here she doesn't.

2. moronkee profile image71
                moronkeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hello Nursery,
                I just joined HP 2days ago. Don't be angry.I have written my new hub. Give it a try annd join the forums.

5. profile image51

nice to know

6. profile image51

You insult everyone else you come in contact with.

7. profile image51

yep you are good at accusing others of what you do...

And who are you? Another phdast7? It took a while for me to figure it out, but I got there.

8. profile image51

Since you are so new how can you figure anything out?  The gig is up, you have been caught in your multiple accounts made to just bad mouth anything or anyone in HubPages.  If you hate it so much why bother coming here?  Just to make other people feel bad.  Or do you just like to argue?

I didn't bad mouth anything or anyone. You have misunderstood something. I had no idea about multiple accounts here until just read the help section. Who are you? What are people like you doing here?

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
        LuisEGonzalezposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't purport to guess if you are someone else of if you have multiple accounts, that's not my job. However don't forget to write your heart out in topics about which you feel passionate. The more you write (number of hubs) the more you could earn. Welcome to HubPages and enjoy your stay with us. We are all professionals writing with passion. We may not get it right all of the time but we try.............................cool

1. profile image51

She has no interest in writing hubs, she is only here to disrupt.

2. Nursey profile image59

Thank you so much. I have already planned a first hub and look forward to using the site as it is intended. I see there are many nice and helpful Hub Pages users despite my bad start here.

2. profile image51

That's right, you were pretending to be Smandas when you did that.  I have noticed that that persona has been banned now.

But none of this has anything to do with me. http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/106282? … ost2266513

1. profile image51

If this has nothing to do with you, then how did you know to put a link to that forum??

Because when I went to Latest Activity in All Forums I saw that you'd just commented in that forum. It was quite enlightening.

9. kathleenkat profile image83
    kathleenkatposted 11 years ago

I didn't know HP had forums until a few months after joining. I don't think this is the "best forum site on the web" at all. But there's definitely a community.

I've met a couple of lovely people here on the forums, but I see now that it's better to also write here. I've already planned a first hub.

10. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 11 years ago

Facebook in the interest groups is the best forum site on the web.  You only need find the group or groups that fit your interests.

The only decent thing about Hubpages forums - are the forums discussing the business and strategy of writing hubs.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)