jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

hubs publishing issue

1. teamWork profile image69
    teamWorkposted 4 years ago

Previously, the hubs are published instantly after submitted the publish button. Now, it shows that the content is submitted for publication. Do everybody have the same situation?

1. somethgblue profile image90
      somethgblueposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, previously our articles were published instantly, however just recently Hub Pages initiated a period of assessment.

I suspect this period serves two purposes;
      1. To give the moderators time to assess the material, check links, search for duplicate content, etc.
      2. To give the author's time to edit content, check spelling and grammar and add any pertinent material, etc.

I personally like it and it does allow other Hub Page members to read it and comment on it.

Currently one of my articles is (which is a weekly series and so must be 'published' at least a day ahead of time) is undergoing this process. One member has commented on it and it has over 25 page views.

When it publishes for good I will go back and create back links for it, but I have already edited it twice since I first submitted it.

This process will only improve the quality of Hubs and since this community benefits from the quality of our product, I consider the 'assessment' period a good thing.

2. writinglover profile image82
    writingloverposted 4 years ago

Instantly? With me, it has always been a twenty four hour wait to undergo a quality assessment. As far as I know, it has always been that way unless someone else says otherwise. To answer your question, though...yes, I'm dealing with that situation.

1. teamWork profile image69
      teamWorkposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Actually, previously I instantly published my hubs. But today I am seeing this type of situation firstly. I dont know from when this type of restriction is applied.

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
        paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I strongly suspect that HP has discovered that English is not your first language...

3. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago
  4. writinglover profile image82
    writingloverposted 4 years ago

Gotcha!  That makes a lot of sense and I have to agree that it's affective.

5. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

If I understand the OP correctly, he is not talking about Featured vs unfeatured. He's saying his hub is green text, flat out not published at all.

So, either HP is nervous about him. Or HP has changed their procedure, i.e., that 24-hour noindex thing is history. We will find out soon enough...

6. Justin Earick profile image82
    Justin Earickposted 4 years ago

I think my new ish went up instantly, earlier today...
    <link snipped>
    I ain't lie...

working