Traffic from Hubpages

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (49 posts)
  1. jainismus profile image74
    jainismusposted 11 years ago

I am experiencing that there is a very small traffic to my Hubs from Hubapages. It shows just 2 to 4 pages per day. On the other hand, the traffic sent from search engines is very high.

Have you experiencing same thing? Can anybody tell me how to get traffic from Hubpages to my Hubs?

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
      MelissaBarrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Umm... Google traffic is what you should be aiming for anyway... Views from hubbers don't make you any money.

1. sleepylog profile image60
        sleepylogposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Actually you do get some money from hubbers' views. In fact 60% of the time you'll earn something from ad impressions from the HP AdProgram. The revenue from the other 40% of the time goes to HP. This happens whether someone clicks on the AdProgram ads or not.

1. teaches12345 profile image76
          teaches12345posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sleepy is correct, but how wonderful that you are getting SEO traffic.  I would be ecstatic about that!

1. HoneyBB profile image86
            HoneyBBposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Me too!

2. BlossomSB profile image79
            BlossomSBposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And me!

2. Neinahpets profile image86
        Neinahpetsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately views from Google don't help if they won't accept you to AdSense so that you can earn anything from your pages.  I've been here a week, have 18 hubs (all featured) with a hubscore of 67-73, and my author score was nothing but I'm getting it up now that I know what it takes to have it, and almost 800 total page views; however, I have been denied by Adsense several times already with no listed reason so I can't obtain any financial gain from this yet.

1. Faith A Mullen profile image78
          Faith A Mullenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Neinahpets, I was denied until I reached 20 hubs and was here for 6 weeks. I'm sure you will be approved once you have established a little more time and hubs. You are probably close now! I don't believe your hubber score matters at all to Google.

1. Neinahpets profile image86
            Neinahpetsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much Faith.  That is definitely good news to hear and I appreciate you taking the time to share this information with me; it really is reassuring.

2. zanaworld profile image58
      zanaworldposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow... It is good news that you get more traffic from outside hubpages.  It is good sign that your hub is popular amongst the net users, more than hubbers!

As MelissaBarrett rightly pointed out, you should be happy to see more traffic coming from Google.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image91
      Millionaire Tipsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations - getting views from the search engines is the goal here - you are reaching a larger audience.

I too have noticed that my HubPages views has dramatically decreased - not just in percentage because of the search engine traffic, but in whole numbers.  I think that either there was a change in the way they count where the views are coming from, or more likely, the changes they made in the Hubs section of the Explore button (taking away the latest, hottest, best hubs options) means that either fewer people are using it and/or my hubs aren't showing up on them as much.

4. sonykuddi profile image41
      sonykuddiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Search engine traffic will bring more revenue than your hubpages traffic.
      If you want to get more number of hub page traffic then stay active in forums and comment in others hub

5. ikepius profile image60
      ikepiusposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If you do a random search about anything (on google) you will find that hp results come up more readily than squidoo results. I think it has to do with the subdomain thing.

6. profile image0
      gogogoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Not sure if you are still interested, I noticed your post is 2 weeks old. But here goes, I use Pinterest and Stumbleupon to get readers to my hubpages, and it seems to be working.  I have not been adding any new hubs and cancelled over a 100 that I had written in the 2 years I was with hubpages.  I am working on a new approach to my writing , but I have been using Pinterest and Stumbleupon for the few I have left and it seems to work. Give it a try

2. HoneyBB profile image86
    HoneyBBposted 11 years ago

I've also noticed a big decrease in hubber views for the past week and a half to two and a half weeks except for yesterday, it wasn't that bad.  I never get more than 3 or 4 google views in a day so most of my traffic comes in hubbers views.

3. Conleys Review profile image62
    Conleys Reviewposted 11 years ago

I have consistently received more traffic from search engines than from Hubpages.  Over the last 30 days I received 28% more traffic from search engines (mostly Google)  than from Hubpages.  A lot of my traffic comes from Google overseas search engines.

4. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 11 years ago

With a daily traffic of 2,000 just 13 of mine are from HP.  Interestingly, 100 are from my subdomain; nearly 10X that from HP.

The thing is, no one comes to HP to search for a title or topic.  They either come in response to a backlink or to a search that yielded a particular hub.  HP does promote hubs, particularly brand new hubs, and hubbers follow those promoted links, but it soon dies as HP takes your hub off the list and puts a newer one on. 

The bottom line is that you will never get any lasting traffic originating from HP.  Be happy you are getting traffic from google; that's where the money and views come from.

5. AlanMalmcom profile image69
    AlanMalmcomposted 11 years ago

I've been wondering the same thing.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

HubPages is not a large community.  It's pointless fretting about how to attract other Hubbers to read your Hubs, or to follow you, because the audience here is very small.  Besides, the members of HubPages are all writers - they're here to write, not to read.

If you want your Hubs to be read, the important thing is to attract readers from outside HubPages.

1. profile image0
        Miriam Weissmannposted 11 years agoin reply to this

But the OP says "the traffic sent from search engines is very high".

I replied to the post by AlanMalcolm, whom I have noticed elsewhere too, asking about getting more traffic from within HubPages and getting more followers.  So that's how I interpreted his comment here.

2. TerrencePlank profile image60
        TerrencePlankposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have had two of recent blogs "featured" by HP but the only place it's being promoted is on HP. That does not get my blogs seen. Suggestions are welcome. I didn't realize that HubPages as that small of a community as mentioned. Maybe I should blog elsewhere.

1. 2uesday profile image65
          2uesdayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If you want to blog, HubPages is not a blog site. The style of a blog and a hub is different. A hub needs to be (hopefully) on an evergreen topic so that it will attract and continue to attract traffic from search engines as well as interesting any visitors from social network promotion.

A blog needs to be - fed with frequent new posts to keep the flow of traffic and readers sustained to it. It can be a good idea to have both and maybe eventually your own website. HubPages is more like magazine pages, a blog is more likely to be on one topic. Hope this is helpful to you.

2. Marisa Wright profile image85

What is your goal, Terrence?   If it's to be a member of a writing community, then you're in the right place.  Join in discussions on the forums, and leave meaningful comments on other Hubbers' Hubs, and you'll soon make friends and gain readers within HubPages.  HubPages has one of the biggest and liveliest communities on the internet.

However, if it's to earn money, that's a completely different story.   To make money blogging or writing, you need to get thousands of visitors a month - not just the few hundred you can get from within HubPages.  That's not as simple as "just write it and they will come" - it's a big learning curve.   

I strongly recommend signing up for a free trial of TheKeywordAcademy.com.       They will ask you for a credit card or to sign up through Paypal - but all you have to do is remember to cancel it before the end of the trial.   You may well decide it's not for you - but working through the core lessons will open your eyes to all the stuff you currently don't know about how to write online.

If you decide to stick with HubPages - 2uesday is right, this is not a place to blog.   Write each Hub as if you were writing an article for your favourite magazine - so it's longer and more informative than a mere blog post.

6. Hunbbel Meer profile image76
    Hunbbel Meerposted 11 years ago

You should be looking at the bigger picture here. If you are getting a reasonable amount of traffic from the search engines, then I guess, you are doing quite well!

Regarding your question, I can suggest you some tips for getting traffic from Hubpages.

1. Build a friendly network within the HP community (so you can share each other's hubs)
    2. Share within followers at HP (don't overdo it, though)
    3. Join FB and Twitter groups where most of your HP friends hangout. (There are many at FB)

Good luck!

1. AlanMalmcom profile image69
      AlanMalmcomposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree, I think social networking is what will bring real quality traffic.

2. Frangipanni profile image75
      Frangipanniposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi, I'm a bit techno challenged and a newbie. I saw your post  'Join FB and Twitter groups where most of your HP friends hangout. (There are many at FB)' How do we go about finding these out if we are newbies?

7. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

For the record. My traffic also sucks. I have decided to not give a damn. Just the way it is...

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think hubbers are spending more time writing than reading and commenting these days.  If you want more traffic, read the hubs of others and comment to let them know you've been reading.  Many will start reading your hubs in return.

TimeTraveller, when most Hubbers say "traffic" , they mean visitors from outside HubPages, not visits from other Hubbers.  To make income on HubPages, you need thousands of visitors, not hundreds - so visits from our little community are just a drop in the ocean.   If you really want more traffic, you need to make connections outside HubPages, not inside - on other forums on your topic, for instance.

2. Dannytaylor02 profile image68
      Dannytaylor02posted 11 years agoin reply to this

im suprised at that because your hubs are pretty good

8. TerrencePlank profile image60
    TerrencePlankposted 11 years ago

Thank you all. That explains a lot,

9. sleepylog profile image60
    sleepylogposted 11 years ago

I've actually transferred a few of my posts to Squidoo and I'll keep transferring them to see how things go with them. If HP can't help us then we have to help ourselves. I've heard that Google loves Squidoo for some reason and ranks HP hubs much lower. I have no idea why but if HP isn't willing to make the changes necessary to get themselves on par with Squidoo then in the end they will suffer more than us.

You only have to search for anything to see that Squidoo lenses appear more frequently in search results than HP hubs.

1. Frangipanni profile image75

Let us know how you go sleepylog. Can you just remove your article from HP and submit theexact same one in Squidoo? I'm new here so still trying to understand it all. I will appreciate any feedback.

1. sleepylog profile image60
        sleepylogposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes you can. It's best to just unpublish your articles while you see how they fare on Squidoo in case you decide  you prefer to stick with HP, then it'll just be a matter of republishing and unpublished hubs.

10. TerrencePlank profile image60

Good Luck, sleepylog. Let us know what kind of exposure you
    experience.

I will do some searches as you did and take a look.

Much appreciated info.

11. Paul Maplesden profile image75
    Paul Maplesdenposted 11 years ago

I've found that the very best wy to get views from other Hubbers is to play a much more active role in the community. Interacting, helping out, answering questions, leaving comments on other hubs etc encourages people to view your own work.

I have written a hub on how to be a great HubPages citizen that covers off the main things you can do and I hope you find it useful.

1. Frangipanni profile image75

Great tips Paul.

2. BlossomSB profile image79
      BlossomSBposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Those tips sound very helpful.

12. profile image0
    Educateurselfposted 11 years ago

First of all write the best you can i mean write tightly and wait.Then i think but i am not sure may be it will help you to comments on other hubs where other hubber's are discussing on that.Solve people's solutions i mean answers the question the best answer you will submit the more people will inspire from you.

13. TerrencePlank profile image60

My blogs are about my experiences in the military and not designed to make money. It would just be nice if Hub Pages shared our posts outside of Hub Pages.

I have two "featured" Hubs and not really sure what that means because I've seen no increase
    in traffic.

I am fully familiar with keywords and thank you for the info. I do keyword research for articles and business oriented hubs.

Wish all luck and will start looking at other Hubs more.

Terrence

I'd be interested if you know of any platform that shared its members posts for them.  I think you'll find it's the same everywhere - if you want your posts to be shared outside the site, you have to do it yourself.

TheKeywordAcademy is not just about keywords. It's about successful promotion as well.

14. Neinahpets profile image86
    Neinahpetsposted 11 years ago

As a newbie, I'm experiencing the reverse.  I guess it all depends on how long you've been in the mix?

15. wimbydea profile image61
    wimbydeaposted 11 years ago

I think if you want to make money and trafic (Search engine), squidoo a better place. Squidoo has some better features. Squidoo better in attracting traffic. Link of our articles directly under the main domain www.squidoo / your-article.  On squidoo there are also features for the seo such as ping tools. But at Hubpages we have a subdomain before the article, so not  too good in  search engines. yournick.hubpages / hub / your-article

However, the quality of the articles in Hubpages are more informative because through the QAP. So that the information obtained on Hubpages more useful, and pfofit from sales and advertising in hubpages is only a little bonus.

So, if you want to get traffic from the search engines and also make money squidoo is the right choice. But if you're writing as a hobby and want to share your experiences within a community, Hubpages is a great place.

1. DrMark1961 profile image96
      DrMark1961posted 11 years agoin reply to this

My personal experience tells me that you are wrong and your information is false. Squidoo is not better, nor does it not show up higher in the searches that I perform.
      I am making money on HP, do have search engine traffic. The advantages you list concerning the subdomain are not correct.
      So, squidoo is not the right choice in my opinion, nor is your summary paragraph correct.

16. TerrencePlank profile image60

HP dinged me for having links to some of my other stories but it
    seems to me that a person should be able to let folks know that
    there are other related posts that they may enjoy or benefit from.
    Shouldn't we be allowed to promote ourselves?

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

"other related posts" are no problem and you will not be dinged for them.

On the other hand, having the same author does not make a second hub related - it needs to be clearly relevant to the topic of the first hub.  If hub A is on curing your dog of fleas and hub B is about rebuilding a carburetor there is no relevance regardless of who wrote either one.  Not unless you're going to suggest putting a flea collar around the carburetor...

17. TheKemist profile image41
    TheKemistposted 11 years ago

yes I agree traffic from hub is less important than traffic from google

18. NicoleMessenger profile image60
    NicoleMessengerposted 11 years ago

im a newbie, and all this info is very interesting indeed.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)