Weekly Topic Inspiration: Home Improvement

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Simone Smith profile image86
    Simone Smithposted 11 years ago

The winter months can really do a number on one's home. Now is the time to start fixing it up! Enter this week's Weekly Topic Inspiration theme: home improvement.

I encourage you to start or research a home improvement project and share your experience and findings in Hub form. If you're already in the midst of a home improvement project, fabulous! Start snapping photos and sharing your on-the-ground insights.

Should you like some ideas of home improvement projects to take on, check out these search-friendly titles (which are up for grabs):
    DIY Kitchen Cabinet Makeover
    DIY Bathroom Makeover
    DIY Garage Makeover
    DIY Bedroom Makeover
    How to Make Your Own Kitchen Island
    DIY Bedroom Decorating Ideas
    Bathroom Lighting Makeover Tips
    Modular Kitchen Tips
    Magnet Kitchens: How to Utilize Magnets Where You Cook
    DIY Kitchen Design Ideas
    How to Build Your Own Storage Sheds
    DIY Bathroom Vanity
    Small Bathroom Ideas for DIY Home Improvement Projects
    Garage Plans for DIY Home Improvement Projects
    Shed Plans for DIY Home Improvement Projects
    How to Re-Do Your Own Kitchen Countertops
    DIY Modern Kitchen Makeover

To create search-friendly titles of your own, follow the steps outlined in this Learning Center guide.

If you'd like to join in on this week's topic by writing a Hub, follow these steps:

1)    Stop by this week's Weekly Topic Inspiration Question.
    2)    Click the green button "answer this question".
    3)    Click the gray button below the box (leave that empty) that says "make a Hub about it."
    4)    Give your Hub a very specific title, like Easy Summer Gardening Projects for Kids or Challenging Summer Activities for Teens
    5)    Create good quality original content that hasn't been covered before.
    6)    After you publish your Weekly Topic Inspiration Hub, come back to this forum thread and post a link to your Hub with a brief description of what you wrote about and why.

For more information on the Weekly Topic Inspiration program, check out the Learning Center guide.

Oh, and do you want your WTI Hub to have a shot at becoming a Hub of the Day? Make sure the images are legally used and properly attributed!

1. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 11 years agoin reply to this

tim looks to the left, looks to the right, then ponders a bit mumbling hmmmmm, I just may have an idea . . .

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

http://www.nps.gov/slbe/images/20060818180106.JPG
    Where do I begin...?

1. Victoria Lynn profile image88
      Victoria Lynnposted 11 years agoin reply to this

LOL! You have a long way to go, but the possibilities are endless!!!

2. Austinstar profile image85
      Austinstarposted 11 years agoin reply to this

A window would be nice.

1. Victoria Lynn profile image88
        Victoria Lynnposted 11 years agoin reply to this

A window would be a HUGE improvement.

3. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
      DzyMsLizzyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

LOL--well, it appears structurally sound from the outside, anyway--roof not sagging...wink

3. Learning in Life profile image88
    Learning in Lifeposted 11 years ago

I just have to say I am now addicted to the weekly topic inspiration! I just wish I had more knowledge about this subject. I guess its time to get down and dirty!

4. travel_man1971 profile image63
    travel_man1971posted 11 years ago

This is part of my plans this year. Thanks, Simone! smile

5. Deltachord profile image60
    Deltachordposted 11 years ago

I like the trees, and the shack could be called rustic.

6. Abbasangel profile image65
    Abbasangelposted 11 years ago

I think my domestic goddess style hubs might have a place here, helpful with a hint of satire.

7. mariasial profile image66
    mariasialposted 11 years ago

Well inspiration is great and we can definitely write very creative hubs on this topic.... lets try smile

8. mary615 profile image82
    mary615posted 11 years ago

This is my Hub on Home Improvement.  I refinished my deck:

http://mary615.hubpages.com/_w866qqxq9k … h-and-Deck

9. Abbasangel profile image65
    Abbasangelposted 11 years ago

Making a drying room utilizing the laundry

http://abbasangel.hubpages.com/hub/The- … rying-room

1. profile image52
      hubclairepageposted 11 years ago

I really feel so inspired but I still can't think of a bright idea as to how to star? smile

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
      DzyMsLizzyposted 11 years ago

Here is my photo-essay of our bathroom remodel project:

http://dzymslizzy.hubpages.com/hub/Smal … s-Easy-Fix

3. Simone Smith profile image86
      Simone Smithposted 11 years ago

Hey y'all!

Thanks for sharing these great home improvement ideas!

Since I'm going to be out of town on Monday, I'm sharing this week's new theme a day early. I encourage you to consider important things people should know about advertising and share your top tips.

The new forum thread: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/108638

Hope to see you there!

4. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 11 years ago

A last minute entry - hope I'm not too late!

http://wilderness.hubpages.com/hub/DIY- … Ideas?done

5. profile image52
      hubclairepageposted 11 years ago

Thanks guys. Everything that had been posted here gave me so much idea and as to how and where to start. Thanks to those who shared much in here. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)