jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (21 posts)

Almost to my first real milestone of 1000 page views - 50 to go!

1. wsupaul88 profile image79
    wsupaul88posted 6 years ago

Help a Brothah Out!

1. Pcunix profile image89
      Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Why?

What would be the value to you of views that came by begging?  Wouldn't it be more satisfying to obtain your goals because people found you through Google or from other places here?

I don't see the appeal of simply attaining numbers by whatever means.

wsupaul88posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well now that you ask... I posted this with the idea of having fun by collaborating and becoming more involved with the Hub community in general.
        Obviously I am not so stupid as to believe that getting 5 people to click on one of my Hubs will bring me success or any kind of financial gain at all for that matter.
        I was just led to believe that peopled enjoyed conversing between one another on this site and I was trying to get a little exposure within the community.
        Just because I am new doesn't mean I'm an idiot.

Thanks Pcunix.

Relax, I'm not suggesting that you are.  I just got the impression (as others did) that you were in a particular hurry to get to that magic round number.  Trust me, I understand the appeal: I have certain round numbers of my own that I'm getting close to and I check them all too frequently!

Engaging with the community in the forums is a great way to get you and your hubs noticed. 

I just want to add to this, because perhaps you'll better understand what I was getting at.

I have a particular round number statistic that I am getting quite close to right now. Like all these things, it is entirely meaningless, yet it is a psychological goal for me.   I don't want to artificially cause friends and other helpful people to get me to that goal earlier by mentioning what it is or my internal delight at getting close - I want the attainment to be "honest".

That's all I was getting at in my earlier post about your goal.

I imagine you have easily reached your goal by now? Although it does sometimes take a few days for HP to put that icon on your site, so you might still be waiting for that. In any case, welcome and now you must move on to waiting for the next goal - whatever that is for you.

I have reached it..

And might I ask what you think of "Hub Hopping" pointless waste of time?

Not at all. It helps the staff find the junk.

2. profile image0
      ssaulposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Congrats, hope it come soon! smile

3. Barbara Kay profile image88
      Barbara Kayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're doing well already for the short time you've been on and only have 10 hubs.

4. PhoenixV profile image81
      PhoenixVposted 6 years ago in reply to this

congratulations!

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

In a rush? hmm

It's going to come. Relax. If you're this impatient now, then what next? hmm

3. wsupaul88 profile image79
    wsupaul88posted 6 years ago

Haha ya I know its not that big of a deal. But a little exciting for me none the less wink

1. Cagsil profile image61
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I didn't say it wasn't a big deal.

Just don't want you to push/rush. Then you will find yourself doing it more often than not. wink

Congrats for when you do get there. smile

4. PBody5205 profile image88
    PBody5205posted 6 years ago

Congrats, I'm sure it'll happen very soon.  Hit mine earlier this week, it's a great feeling smile

Just curious, but are most of your views coming from search engines or from hubpages?

So far I would say that this is the general breakdown for me:

40% Google
      40% HubPages
      10% Facebook
      10% other

I am wondering tho, is this pretty standard for everyone?

1. PBody5205 profile image88
        PBody5205posted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's pretty close to where I am...depends on how much time you spend promoting on Facebook I think...for my zoo hubs, I'll get a boost when the Zoo that I'm writing about posts a link (they have about 6,500 followers).

2. Randy Godwin profile image92
        Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Way to go and congrats to you!  Gotta slither...er. crawl before you can walk!smile

5. KristenGrace profile image60
    KristenGraceposted 6 years ago

Yes, I agree - It will come, and an early congratulations from me as well smile

6. melpor profile image88
    melporposted 6 years ago

Congratulations! You will be there very soon.

7. barryrutherford profile image32
    barryrutherfordposted 6 years ago

I could help if you spelt Brother correctly !

*Brother... haha

8. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 6 years ago

Congrats to get your 1K views.

working