I reached another milestone!

Jump to Last Post 1-47 of 47 discussions (92 posts)
  1. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

I usually don't post milestones in the forum, but wanted to share this one with you.  Hopefully it will encourage others.

I reached 100,000 views sometime in Sept or Oct., 2011
    Yesterday or very early this morning I reached 200,000 views -  I have 58 hubs.

I was amazed to see how many views came in. I had heard that once you reach a major milestone, the traffic comes even faster.

smile

(back to work if you don't see me for the afternoon.)

1. robie2 profile image78
      robie2posted 12 years agoin reply to this

congratulations and here's to hundreds of thousands more :-)

2. Dorsi profile image89
      Dorsiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Rebekah.

3. nooser profile image60
      nooserposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats! I hope you reach even more page views as you continue to write!

4. livewithrichard profile image72
      livewithrichardposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Awesome!!!  I think it is true that after you reach 100k the visits come quicker.  Mine seem to have stalled once I hit 500K right around panda now I'm close to 800K but they seem to be trickling in, although I have moved over 80 hubs to other places.  On a side note, I have ONE hub that has 400K visits alone and it really ticks me off that HP turned off the ads on that hub a few months ago because some prude didn't like seeing actresses in bikinis... go figure... censorship on a writing site smile  I'd move it too but as you can imagine it brings traffic to other related hubs.

rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow, that's exciting to see that many views on one hub! I've seen hubs here with bikini clad women. Why are ads turned off on bikinis? I wouldn't consider that adult content. hmm

I've just spent some time looking through analytics to see where most of my traffic was coming from and what they were searching. The bulk of traffic was from google, US, UK, India, Canada and Philippines.  A good percentage went to a handful of hubs as starting pages. I'm going to follow this for the next few months to see how it changes, as the time period was pre/post holiday.

I was also a poetry judge for the contest, but it doesn't appear that significant views came in from that experience. But I did enjoy the experience very much.

1. livewithrichard profile image72
          livewithrichardposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I know, there was a time when that one hub was earning about $20 a day. Like I said, a prude moderator.  The thing is, there is nothing revealing in the pictures or nearly 1000 words of content.  There was a picture of Ali Larter in a whipped cream bikini from the movie Varsity Blues, but I removed it as it was determined by a moderator to be too provocative... What a joke.

5. KimberlyLake profile image86
      KimberlyLakeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations!  That is fabulous. Have a party.

6. GoodLady profile image91
      GoodLadyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is just so fantastic rebekahELLE
      It is such encouraging news.
      Brilliant!

7. lobobrandon profile image88
      lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Amazing people like you give us something to look forward to big_smile
      My traffic doubled as well but its not even a  drop compared to what you'll get big_smile

8. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You go girl! Keep up the great work! It's good to share, you are spreading love! :smile

Thanks AE, and everyone! I was so excited with this milestone and wanted to share encouraging news. Good things do happen here, and we don't always hear about it, because we're all busy with our lives.

Updating hubs can bring in traffic, even something simple like stats, or adding one or two new relevant links. I have one hub that I update weekly with a few stats and return viewers check in to see the new stats. I also joined a forum (of which I hardly post) after I followed one of my hub's traffic sources to see where it came from. It was a songwriter's forum that had posted one of my hubs. It's beneficial for me to follow that forum for news so I joined and said hello and thanks for the views, etc. They were extremely welcoming and friendly. One poster said he found my link on Twitter.

Find ways to make your presence known online.
        People will find you. And the more people find you and like what they find, you may gain organic backlinks.

9. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Rebekah! That's truly awesome!

10. Cardisa profile image89
      Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Rebekah. That is some achievement! 100,000 in five months...wow!

11. Trsmd profile image57
      Trsmdposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats ELLE for your milestone..

12. Shinkicker profile image52
      Shinkickerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats to you, that's amazing

13. Richieb799 profile image76
      Richieb799posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think this is true, once you meet milestones it is a bit like an indicator or how you are performing so traffic would seem easier. As you can see I'm on the verge of a milestone at the moment lol

14. NatalieSack profile image60
      NatalieSackposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You should post such a milestone!  It merits being broadcast.  I hope to be as read as you some day.  Congratulations!

Natalie, thanks, and I've read some of your hubs. You're a very good writer and I'm sure your hubs are finding an audience. Best to you!

viryabo, thank  you.. that's such a nice thing to say. There are so many fantastic hubbers with such interesting hubs. Your hubs are so well written, I love your fashion and design hubs!

15. viryabo profile image94
      viryaboposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Rebekah, that's really great.
      Well done and congratulations. But then you are one of the fine hubbers i have met on HP, so im not that surprised.

16. weblogthemes profile image60
      weblogthemesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations. I have read many articles on hubpages but its yesterday that i joined here and i hope to write some useful articles too !!

17. Ramsa1 profile image64
      Ramsa1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations, Rebekah.

2. Connie Smith profile image81
    Connie Smithposted 12 years ago

This is amazng that you had another 100,000 views in such a short period of time.  I haven't even hit 20,000 yet.  That would be depressing if I had been trying.  I've been happy with the 16,500 I have, but now I see I have to set my sights much, much higher.  Congratulations to you.  Because I've read some of your stuff, I know you deserve it!

1. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, darn it Connie, I just looked at a few of your hubs and I'd say you deserve better than you have.

Hey, folks: give Connie a look-see.  You just might decide to share something she wrote (I did)  and help her improve her numbers. 

I know there are probably a LOT of under-appreciated hubbers here and some of them deserve their insignificance.  I don't think that's the case here.

That's nice! I'm in favor of sharing the hub love! There are a number who have posted on this thread who certainly publish some very fine hubs.

Richie - you'll get there. 1 million, WOW! Exciting!

I wonder if pcunix hit his 100,000 this afternoon.

Yes,I did, thank you.

1. CASE1WORKER profile image60
            CASE1WORKERposted 12 years agoin reply to this

well done! I hope to make that by the end of the month!

2. rebekahELLE profile image85

There you go! Congrats! Let us know if you start seeing increased traffic.

Why would you think that would happen?  I'm not being argumentative, just curious.   It's not anything known outside of HP, so it wouldn't affect Google or anyone else, right?  Even within HP, I doubt many notice those accolades at all.  So why would you expect any additional traffic?

As others have said, after you reach that 100,000 milestone, the traffic seems to increase.

incomeguru, thank you!

smile

3. Debby Bruck profile image66
    Debby Bruckposted 12 years ago

That calculates out to 100,000 views in 3 months with only 58 hubs
    Incredible. They must be very popular subjects and well written articles
    reaching high on the SEO for Google and Bing

Congratulations to you!

4. vocalcoach profile image92
    vocalcoachposted 12 years ago

Well congratulations!  This truly is a milestone. Amazing! I'd sure like to know how this happens. Good for you!

5. Kris Heeter profile image71
    Kris Heeterposted 12 years ago

That's amazing and very cool!  Did you do anything special between 100,000 and 200,000 to increase the # views?

6. timorous profile image79
    timorousposted 12 years ago

Wow...congrats, Rebekah.

Of course, now that you've admitted the fact, you're obliged to divulge your secret formula... big_smile

7. bizwin profile image64
    bizwinposted 12 years ago

Congratulations to you. People like you in hubpages are inspirations to people like me. Well done!

8. GmaGoldie profile image82
    GmaGoldieposted 12 years ago

Congrats and well deserved! The next 100,000 will be simpler and faster! Keep up the great work!

9. Michael Willis profile image66
    Michael Willisposted 12 years ago

Congratulations on reaching this milestone. I am sure you will hit many more.

10. vechter profile image58
    vechterposted 12 years ago

I am new to Hubpages and can only hope that someday I'll have as many views and followers as you!  Congrats!

11. Rosie2010 profile image67
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

Congratulations, rebekahELLE!  That is awesome! smile

12. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

I am in rascal mode. big_smile

How many of your hubs have I tweeted?

I'm just asking... big_smile

13. rebekahELLE profile image85

Hey, thanks hubbers! I posted to give encouragement because I know sometimes there are threads that are discouraging with ups and downs, etc. 
    sorry, I don't have a secret formula to share. I'm sure part of it is grouped hubs on niche topics that I know well.  I try to focus on topics that I know well and have some authority of which to write, and occasional hubs about my interests. I never write just to get views. I think a writer needs to respect their targeted audience.

This is not my full time job. I teach full time, and writing is something I do on the side. I wish I did have more time to write, but I don't right now.

And yes, thanks for tweets, social networking. It can and does help with certain topics. I'm a pro-active, positive person. I think hubbing is fun and I set goals for myself. smile

14. Garrett Mickley profile image78
    Garrett Mickleyposted 12 years ago

That's awesome, I just hit 100k but I'm getting about 40k a month now so I shouldn't be too far behind you!

wow, excellent!

I think sub-domains are also a big reason for increased traffic.

1. Garrett Mickley profile image78
        Garrett Mickleyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I full heartedly agree

15. bgpappa profile image78
    bgpappaposted 12 years ago

Congrats, and yes it does start to become faster, and more steady

16. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 12 years ago

Congratulations on your success and I wish you much more.

17. wordscribe43 profile image91
    wordscribe43posted 12 years ago

Congrats, rebekah!  That's a lot of views for 58 hubs...

18. rebekahELLE profile image85

Thanks guys and gals.  Now I have to figure out my next goal and plan of action.
    But a party sounds like a nice idea, Kimberly. Maybe I'll celebrate this weekend.
    I know when I first started at HP, I knew so little about writing online. It really is a great place to learn and grow, a helpful staff and great community.
    I'm looking forward to the year ahead. Thanks for your well wishes and I wish the same for everyone here. smile

1. gqgirl profile image67
      gqgirlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

awesome job! Keep up the good work!

19. lawdoctorlee profile image83
    lawdoctorleeposted 12 years ago

Congrats....I just started a few weeks ago and I have to say this is exciting.  And 200,000 views is amazing!  Bravo!  I hit a mini-milestone today with 1000 views.

Welcome to HP! 1000 views in your first 4 weeks is excellent! From reading your profile, you have some impressive credentials and have a nice selections of hubs already. Best to you and enjoy hubbing! Congrats on your milestone!

1. lawdoctorlee profile image83
        lawdoctorleeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh wow, rebekahELLE, thanks for the welcome and the congrats.

20. savanahl profile image67
    savanahlposted 12 years ago

Congratulations! What an amazing accomplishment.

21. erniesliter profile image62
    erniesliterposted 12 years ago

Wow... good job!

22. MamaNeedsJava profile image74
    MamaNeedsJavaposted 12 years ago

Congratulations!  Thank you for the inspiration.

23. TNB profile image60
    TNBposted 12 years ago

Fantastic rebekahELLE! That is pure presence if you ask me. big_smile

big_smile I like that. Thanks! wink

24. Enelle Lamb profile image73
    Enelle Lambposted 12 years ago

That's truly a milestone! Congrats! It's so encouraging to see just how many people read your articles big_smile (It always amazes me to see my daily views go from 200 to over a 1000.) I was thrilled so I can imagine how exciting it was to see 200,000 big_smile
    Way to go!

25. imatellmuva profile image76
    imatellmuvaposted 12 years ago

I would say that's more than a milestone...WOW!!! Congratulations rebekahELLE!!!

26. cardelean profile image87
    cardeleanposted 12 years ago

Congratulations!  I love reading these success stories.  As others have said, it is very encouraging.  I have seen my traffic up 50% in the last month and climbing.  I agree that it takes time for those hubs to "get out there."  It seems like once I hit that one year mark things really started to move.  Looking forward to watching it continue to increase!  smile  Continued success to you rebekahELLE!

27. lex123 profile image79
    lex123posted 12 years ago

Congrats! it is a great milestone, especially from 100,000 to 200,000 in just 3-4 months time. I think I will be hitting 100,000 sometime this month.
    All the best.

28. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 12 years ago

Well that's excellent and you certainly deserve such success, irrespective of the number of hubs you have; simply because good goes round and it's coming back at you Rebekah! smile

29. mary615 profile image84
    mary615posted 12 years ago

I really admire Hubbers like you who work full time, and yet manage their time well enough to write good quality Hubs.  Wish I could do that.  Congrats, Rebekah! I see you have a score of 99.  That's something to be proud of, too.

30. prettydarkhorse profile image54
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

Congrats!!! You are one of the nicest hubber here!

31. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 12 years ago

Congratulations - with only 58 views, that's.. well, you probably have done the math!

I'm still waiting to hit 100,000.  I don't have a long wait - actually it will be sometime today.  I'll be curious to see if the next 100K does come faster as you say.

I suspect that is more likely to be true for someone like you.  The small number of hubs indicates that they must be very popular - my traffic is spread out over six times that number, so mine is just from sheer volume rather than anything stellar.  Therefore, I'd expect my second 100K to take almost as long as the first, while I think your third 100K is likely to come even more quickly than the second.

Keep on trucking!  I expect we may see you at http://hubpages.com/success/ soon enough.

I don't have that volume, and can't see myself pumping out hundreds of hubs. I don't have the time.

I'm sure once you hit 100,00, you'll start to see the same momentum that can happen.  Your hubs that are now generating the most views will continue to increase in views. If you can, link them together in small groups. I know you know that. smile  I won't ever be the hubber with hundreds/thousands of hubs. I want what I have to produce before I churn out more just for volumes sake. I know it works for some. I guess we all have our own preferences. smile Like I mentioned in a previous post, this is not my full time work.

Good luck, and let us know when you reach your milestone!

Well, for those of us unable to produce the big traffic hubs, raw volume is the other path.  I'm not knocking it; I have always felt that it's a reasonable substitute.  Obviously your way is better ,  assuming one has the skill to do it - I do not.

But we'll see about the snowball effect.  I don't think that will work for someone like me.   If I'm wrong, I'll be sure to let y'all know.

41 views to go to 100,000 for me as of a few seconds ago smile

I'm not saying one way is better than another, simply my preference. I also would hope that those with hundreds/thousands of hubs have work elsewhere in case something ever happened to their HP account.

Hey, pcunix, just knock the n't off that word 'don't' and see what happens. big_smile

ok, until later. 

(We'll be expecting to hear your news soon.)

Well, *I* think your way is better in at least some ways.  Volume has its value too, of course, so I'm not damning it.  As it is the ONLY path I can follow, it really doesn't matter:  better or worse, it's the hand I'm playing.

You know the old saying (modestly rewritten by me):  if the only tool you have is a hammer, the screws are a lot harder to get out, but by gum, they WILL come out!

32. rebekahELLE profile image85

Thanks again hubbers! HP has such a supportive community. I appreciate your kind words! I hope many others can see increased traffic! I know for myself, it helps to set mini goals. I'll take a few hubs and update them, add new links, add some updated text and give them a tweet.

Enjoy the day. Go Patriots! (sorry wavegirl!)

1. lobobrandon profile image88
      lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

33. Sinea Pies profile image61
    Sinea Piesposted 12 years ago

Wow, that is AWESOME! Congrats.

34. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

I'm happy for your success and wish you many more years.

35. CASE1WORKER profile image60
    CASE1WORKERposted 12 years ago

Well done! You are definately on your way!! Here's to the next 100,000!

36. Richieb799 profile image76
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

I still have about 100,000 to get before I reach a million, its so frustrating, I think I should write a hub 'How to reach a million views' the hardway lol

At 2K a day it looks like about 50 days from now lol

Well, I just shared one of your hubs so now you are sure to get there at least fifteen minutes earlier smile

1. Richieb799 profile image76

Thanks! I just tweeted and commented on one of yours!

Somehow I think what I did will be of far lesser value..  But regardless, I thought it was cute and well done, so I did it..

I don't share a lot of content, but today I have done o several times.. Odd day, I guess.

2. Rosie2010 profile image67
      Rosie2010posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow, Richie, a million views in just two years.. AWESOME!

1. Richieb799 profile image76

Many people reach a million much sooner than this, thats why I want to be there soon!

37. jainismus profile image71
    jainismusposted 12 years ago

rebekahELLE,

Congratulations! You have done a great job, keep it up.

38. incomeguru profile image95
    incomeguruposted 12 years ago

Rebekah, your writing inspires me alot. Congratulations!

39. Patkay profile image90
    Patkayposted 12 years ago

Good for you, congrats, you deserve the traffic increase and the milestone. I am also about to hit 100,000 milestone. I know you can tell the excitement I am in as I wait to hit the milestone. Currently I am at 95,359, and on a day am averaging on 1,000 views.

40. designtech profile image61
    designtechposted 12 years ago

hey right on bro, so how much money did you make? I mean isn't that what we are hoping to do, is get paid for ad impressions?

41. DonnaCosmato profile image86
    DonnaCosmatoposted 12 years ago

Congratulations! That is an awesome milestone achievement and you should be proud of your efforts. Here's to 200,000!

42. Teylina profile image59
    Teylinaposted 12 years ago

Congratulations!!! Definitely! Shows what a good write can accomplish in reaching others and improving their own self-confidence, even if you have enough already!
    we all have downers; this should be printed and framed as a milestone!

43. SmartAndFun profile image94
    SmartAndFunposted 12 years ago

Congrats, and yes that is inspiring! I finally hit 20,000 this week, partially thanks to ome good advice you gave me in the forums a week or two ago. Thanks for helping and inspiring other hubbers!

Great! I'm happy to hear the suggestions helped. It's always encouraging to see increased traffic when we make a few adjustments.

44. Bldg an Architect profile image63
    Bldg an Architectposted 12 years ago

Congratulations! How exciting!  Hope you hit the next one soon!

45. rebekahELLE profile image85

oh, how nice to see this thread revived. I just came from a 60's inspired party that was so much fun.  I'm glad this thread inspired others!

46. Rosie2010 profile image67
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

Congratulations on your 200,000 milestone, rebekahELLE! I'm happy for you.  Cheers!

47. Teylina profile image59
    Teylinaposted 12 years ago

Not sure you should ever consider a good, inspiring thread "dead!" Some of us may not get to follow at the time written, but if following that hubber, we'll get to it when we can. Thanks so much for all your advice, convictions, and sharing your right to congratulations! All of those are wake-up calls--they're kinda like flowers/trees that cease to bloom until their "wake-up call" !! Thanks again!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)