My CPM has doubled!

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (27 posts)
  1. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 11 years ago

Like many of you, I had several days of low CPM, which I found extremely frustrating. For the past two days, however, my CPM has doubled. I hope this continues!

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Things do indeed seem to have perked up.

2. dwachira profile image78
      dwachiraposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Mine fell to a low of <TOS violating info snipped> but am glad it is going up again. I tried to check the value of campaigns and the value of keywords to see if there was a change but i could determine the cause of decrease over the last few days, did you determine probable cause/causes?

1. dwachira profile image78
        dwachiraposted 11 years agoin reply to this

*I could not determine the cause of decrease.

3. Sally's Trove profile image79
      Sally's Troveposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Much to my surprise, the same has happened to me...nice to see 5+ CPM instead of 2-.

4. wordscribe43 profile image90
      wordscribe43posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have heard the less you smoke, the higher your CPM.  Heck, it makes about as much sense as anything else, right?  wink  Congrats on quitting, Habee.

5. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I take it all back...everything got readjusted and my CPMs are back in the toilet again!  Even my one day spike got cut back by almost 30%.  This really sucks!

2. Waldo Numbly profile image60
    Waldo Numblyposted 11 years ago

Excuse my ignorance but, what is CPM?

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

By hubpages definition: your payment rate per 1000 hits.

2. Jamie Brock profile image87
      Jamie Brockposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It is the cost that advertisers pay per 1000 views (of ads on your hubs).... So higher CPM means higher earnings. I think I am correct but someone please do correct me if I'm wrong. That is the way I understood it anyway.

1. Waldo Numbly profile image60
        Waldo Numblyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You mean I can make money doing this?  I better read something.

1. Waldo Numbly profile image60
          Waldo Numblyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So all I have to do is create a hub with a catchy title and lots of people will view it and I will make money?   I need to pay closer attention to life.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84

Waldo Numbly:  It's a bit more complicated than that, my friend.  You need to sit down and read what's in the learning center before you continue writing on HP.  It takes years, sometimes, to perfect your skills and earn decent money here.

3. Gypsy Willow profile image64
    Gypsy Willowposted 11 years ago

Mine has plummeted and continues to fall

4. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 11 years ago

I'm not going to trust them until those stars disappear! big_smile

5. faythef profile image58
    faythefposted 11 years ago

I hope it continues too...I hope mine does too...LOL..But I haven't been watching the CPM....I hadn't thought to do that.....Thanks to this post I will be watching...

6. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 11 years ago

Very low weekend traffic, but the higher CPM improved my mood this morning.

Happy days are here again...............?  big_smile

1. Sally's Trove profile image79
      Sally's Troveposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't think so, Rosie. Just another temporary rise in the continuing roller coaster. Content sites like this are far from being stable.

7. profile image0
    healthylife2posted 11 years ago

Where do you find what your CPM is? I realize I should know after being here for 7 months:) Thanks!

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this
      1. profile image0
        healthylife2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you!!

8. SoundNFury profile image79
    SoundNFuryposted 11 years ago

Mine hasn't quite doubled but it is up as well as traffic.  Don't want to jinx it, but.... smile

Mine has doubled the past two days as well, which brings it back to the low end of where it used to be.  I suspect this has something to do with Google's advertising algorithm that maybe, finally, has kicked in?  No matter...I'm very happy to see this happening!

9. timorous profile image81
    timorousposted 11 years ago

Keep in mind as well, the CPM paid by advertisers affects Hubpages bottom line as well as our earnings, so it's in their best interest to get as high a rate as they can. We all benefit.

1. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 11 years agoin reply to this

+1 I think this statement could be applied to all HP do - they are not out to damage readers, they are trying to improve things for their bottom line and ultimately ours!!!

Depressed as I am about the low CPMs lately, I really think in the long run things will straighten out.  Right now I believe Google is not ranking us well because of all the low level articles we have on this site.  If each of us would make it a point to flag those hubs we feel are substandard, and if the staff will follow through on those flags, in time our ratings will rise.  Quality control is the answer to making HP the wonderful and successful site it once was.  I would add her that we all should police our own hubs and dump the under performers, blogs and rants.  HP would also do well to remove those categories that don't bring in views such as poetry, humor and book series.  Although these may be well written, this is not the place for those types of articles.  I have gotten rid of ALL my articles of this type and while it hurt to do it, I feel it helped my numbers as well as the HP community.  We need to put our money where are mouths are folks!

Sorry for the typo...it should have been here not "her".  This is what happens when I become emotional and type faster than I can think!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)